Do you have a tried-and-true boat manufacturer that you always tend to gravitate towards when you’re searching for your next boat? Want to know what other consumers are looking for? We’ve found the most popular boat manufacturers that our boat buyers are searching for on Boat Trader. Perhaps one of these manufacturers will give you the inspiration you need for your next purchase whether you’re looking for a Pontoon Boat, Fishing Boat or Ski & Wakeboarding Boat.
Top 10 Boat Brands
- Sea Ray – Sports boats, deck boats, bowriders & yachts
- Boston Whaler – Fishing boats, center consoles, cruisers & tenders.
- Yamaha – Watersports and center consoles.
- Grady-White – Dual & center console saltwater fishing boats.
- Chaparral – Waterskiing & fishing boats.
- Mastercraft – Wakesurfing & wakeboard boats.
- Ranger – Bass fishing boats, aluminum utility boats, saltwater skiffs & pontoons.
- Cobalt – Runabout boats.
- Contender – Fishing boats.
- Malibu – Wakesurfing, wakeboarding & waterskiing boats.
Source: Q2 2020 – Boat Trader – Searches by Make
Best Boat Brands
The most searched boat brands on Boat Trader include those listed above from major manufacturers such as Sea Ray Boats and MasterCraft. When looking at the listings with the most views, brands like Beneteau, Bayliner and Chris-Craft feature in the top 10 replacing brands like Contender.
While the popular brands can help you find a boat, there is advice on buying a boat that helps narrow down the options as you consider who will be using the boat, what the boat will be used for, the size of the hull, deck and cabins. If you know the type of boat you are looking for, but not the manufacturers that build those class of boats. The boat types section on Boat Trader shows popular manufacturers by class and provides a helpful link to the listings available for sale.
Unless you’re buying a classic wooden boat with particular pedigree, most boats don’t appreciate...