The owner of THE DOG HOUSE had one thing in mind when he commissioned the yacht. He wanted to build the best 55 Talaria possible. He succeeded! The Dog House is one of the most highly optioned 55' Talaria MKII's ever built with more than $800,000 in upgrades installed on the boat. The yacht was built with long voyages in mind so comfort was extremely important. The Seakeeper 9 gyrostabilizer was installed to reduce the fatigue on long trips and at anchor, and the larger CAT ACERT C18's were installed for the added power.
The list of options goes on to include:
- FLIR M-400 stabilized dual lens Thermal night vision camera
- KVH TV5 with Direct TV and 2 receivers with three 40' tv's onboard
- Sailor SC4000 Iridium satellite phone
- LED underwater lights x 3
- SureShade retractable awning for cockpit built into the pilothouse top
- C-zone digital switching system for control of DC and AC loads
- Custom chart locker with built-in instrument pod to hold Garmin 8617 display on the passenger side
- Custom open arrangement lower salon with convertible dinette in lieu of standard twin berth
- Color matched AA grade cherry wood with gloss finish
- Customized cockpit layout
- Customized cockpit layout with Kenyon grille, ice maker, refrigerator, sink and large teak dining table
- Larger swim platform
- The entire list of upgrades is too extensive to list on this page.It can be provided upon request.
Hinckley Talaria MKII motor yachts are built in Maine of epoxy-infused carbon fiber and Kevlar. Their lines are beautiful because of Hinckley's enduring focus on innovation. Created in response to customer requirements for more space and more power, the Talaria line represents the pinnacle of American yachting.
|HULL AND DECK|
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Hull color
- Light Cream smooth gelcoat deck and Pilothouse Top with molded-in contrasting non-skid in Moondust Awlgrip color on fore-deck and teak in aft cockpit
- Micron CSC Black bottom
Hinckley DualGuard. Composite Construction- Kevlar./E-glass outer skin. Aircraft grade end grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon fiber inner skin. Laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP.).
E-glass outer and inner skin with aircraft grade end grain balsa and closed cell foam core - laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP.).
These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & stiffness/weight ratios, and greater hull strength against impact damage and thermal insulation.
- Non-metallic composite thru-hull fittings with ball valve seacocks are below waterline and above the waterline where appropriate. Bronze seacocks, thru-hull fittings and sea strainers on propulsion engines.
- Rub rail has stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molding.
- Swim Platform: Oversized swim platform painted to match hull color with teak decking and stainless steel half round.
- Three Ocean LED 3010 thru-hull underwater lights in the transom
Owners specified underwater light color for transom lighting is White.
- Molded Light Cream gelcoat deck with contrasting Moondust non-skid color.
- Tapered varnished teak toe rails with Hinckley profile
- Eyebrow: Varnished teak molding around cabin top
- Anchor Locker: Molded into the foredeck, with hinged and gas-spring assisted hatch
- Two large storage lockers on foredeck - aft of anchor locker
- Chocks: Two (2) Hinckley-styled open bow chocks, type 316L stainless steel. Four (4) Hinckley-styled closed chocks located at fore and aft spring cleats.
- Mooring Cleats: Eight (8) cleats type 316 stainless steel, sized as follows: Bow: 2 x 12, Fore and aft springs: 4 x 10, Stern: 2 x 12
- Bow Rail: Closed single rail 30 high , 1 . diameter, type 316L stainless steel
- Handrails: Stainless steel handrails mounted on forward cabin top and pilothouse top (wrap-around style).
- Custom painted teak handrails on port and starboard side of pilothouse for ease of transiting side decks. Handrails are painted to match the deck color
- Hinckley mast (painted to match deck) holds anchor/steaming light
- KVH TrackVision M5 satellite dome on pilothouse top, painted to match deck color
- Portlights: 5 opening ports- one in guest shower, one in master head, one in master shower, and two in galley. Opening ports have screens. 5 fixed ports- three in guest cabin, and two in master cabin. Fixed ports have varnished Cherry rings around them. All ports have drop down-style curtains of Norbar Venita White Wash.
- Five (5) polished stainless steel Manship hatches on cabin top. All have SkyScreen screens and blinds.
- Fender Storage: Provided for six (6) fenders, four (4) of which remain attached to boat and stored for easy deployment. Two (2) remaining fenders store in holders under cockpit hatch. Additional wichard folding padeyes and chafe strips to provide additional positioning of fenders and docklines (Provide two (2) additional ¾x50 dock lines)
- Starboard transom door gives access to the swim platform.
- Bow burgee: varnished teak staff on bow rail.
- Ensign: Stern mounted 5 varnished teak staff with flush socket
- Overboard direct drainage scuppers
MKII styled cockpit with deck patio and integrated, molded L-settee. Patio wet bar in forward starboard side of cockpit. Access to side deck provided by coaming gate on port side.
- Large molded L-settee with Ralph Lauren Patio Stripe Blue, no piping cushioned bottom and back cushions.
- Patio wet bar in forward starboard side of cockpit with ice maker in port amenity, model Vitrifrigo SS IM HYDRO-XT-F1 w/sink in top of amenity. Vitrifrigo SS refrigerator in starboard amenity with Kenyon grille in top.
- Cockpit coaming doors both port and starboard.
- Cockpit Table - teak gloss varnish finish in keeping with exterior carpentry details. Table is on high/low pedestal and table top slides for use at dining or cocktail height. Pedestal to be mounted on lazarette hatch, quick remove type, polished stainless steel finish.
- Gelcoat cladding on inside aft corners of pilothouse sides
- Gelcoat covered cockpit coamings with varnished teak coaming caps
- Teak Sole in cockpit
- Fresh water washdown spigot in anchor locker (1) and in cockpit (1) stbd side aft.
- Glendinning powered shore cord reels mounted at transom w/wireless remotes Courtesy Lighting: Lights under cockpit side-deck, and on the stairs between the cockpit and pilothouse
- Fender storage on underside of cockpit hatch.
- Low wattage lighting on dimmer under starboard side deck
- Stamoid cockpit cover fastens to pilothouse with snaps.
Salon Entry Doors: Polished stainless steel framed doors with four (4) full height curved tinted tempered glass panels.
- Salon Entry Doors: Polished stainless steel framed doors with four (4) full height curved tinted tempered glass panels.
- L-shaped built-in settee to starboard with upholstered bottom and back cushions. Fabric Astrup Rainier Riviera with piping. Chart storage is provided in large locker outboard of settee.
- Pilothouse port side arrangement is open with two upholstered chairs with small storage locker between chairs
- Salon Table: Varnished cherry table to starboard. Converts to additional berth with filler cushion. Stidd powder-coated pedestal manual pedestal. The large dining table top lifts off to expose a smaller cocktail table to allow for more room around the settee.
- Pilothouse Stbd dining/cocktail table. Permanent smaller table with larger table top to fit over smaller table for dining. The pedestal is polished SS Crown high low to allow table to drop down for coffee table height as well as dropping to settee height for filler for berth conversion. Filler cushion included and set of fitted sheets for settee with filler cushion in place
- Provide padded storage bag for second table top and storage for table top outboard of port pilothouse seats under hinged settee back top.
- Salon Windows: MKII Pilothouse windows are frameless Stainless Steel. Side windows are electric sliding with controls at helm for port and stbd windows plus lock out. Control switch also for port window on port side. Window control for optional port window outboard of proposed port side companion seat.
- Side and Aft windows have tint
- Salon Side Window Blinds: Poseidone Soft Linen
- Salon Window Covers: Skysol electric pleated blind system for side windows in a cream color
- Roman shade style curtains on aft entry doors. Curtains are electrically actuated with remote control
- Pilothouse front windows have outside snap-on textaline fabric shade covers.
- Pilothouse overhead hatches: Four (4) powered hatches on pilothouse roof each with SkyScreen blind/screens. Hatch undersides are trimmed in varnished Cherry
- LED Strip lighting on Window valance port and starboard along with Settee bunkrail
- All interior decorative rugs were custom designed and made by Patrick James Inc, from Atlanta.
Helm Station (Starboard):
Two single Stidd Slimline (500N) seats- with Ultra-leather Ermine 291-3700 with Ultra-leather Admiral 291-2556 piping. Seats are electrical up-down, forward and aft. Both seats have Stidd X-2 footrests. Provide binocular storage in helm area. Bracket design to be similar to T55 style cup holder
- 14 stainless steel wheel with varnished rim
- Hinckley JetStick® steering control system
Custom built-in seat box, port side fwd in the salon:
- Seat box area to have two tiers; one lower section forward for egress & leg room, one raised section aft to serve as a seating surface for mounting Stidd seating (reference option C5 for seat details).
- Lower section of built-in is to be at a stepped up height from the main salons sole height. This area is to create additional space aft for the galley and will be open fwd from the galley side. Tread of the bottom step up to the seat box area to hinge up to access storage beneath. Inboard face of seat box to have cabinet doors for storage.
- Upper section of the built-in is to be reinforced on the top for receiving Stidd 1200W seating.
- Cabinet space below lower section for housing Microwave oven Built-in seat box to be constructed of cherry and match the raised panel styling to match the rest of the yachts interior.
|ELECTRONIC AND NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT|
Garmin Electronics Package:
- Two 8617 17 Garmin MFDs to starboard
- Garmin GHP Reactor Autopilot with rudder indicator
- Garmin GHC20 remote keypad
- Garmin Radar 48 / 4 kw HD open array antenna
- Garmin GMI20 Instrument display for depth and speed
- DT800 depth transducer
- One Garmin G2 Vision chartchip Region coverage
- Engine displays integrated into MFD
- VHF: Garmin VHF 300 black box Radio with remote handset at helm and hailer horn.
- One Garmin card reader
- One Garmin Grid remote control
- Sirius/XM weather integrated to Garmin mfds
- Garmin GSD24 Sonar Module interfaced to Garmin system.
- Garmin AIS 600 Blackbox collision avoidance system to display on all chartplotters.
- Second Garmin GHS10 VHF handset for port side passenger seat usage. installed on vertical face outboard of port passenger seat.
- Garmin GMR Fantom 4 Dopler Effect 4 open array radar in lieu of std digital radar.
- Satellite phone system to be Sailor SC4000 Iridium phone. System to have 4 handsets; one at helm outboard on vertical face, one outboard of port side passenger seat on vertical face, one in lower salon location and one in the owners cabin location.
- C-zone digital switching system for control of DC and AC loads. Main control panel display locations to be on starboard vertical bulkhead at stairway to galley. A second smaller control panel is included for master stateroom. System is interfaced to Garmin MFD displays for full control from those displays.
- Hinckley On-Watch boat monitoring system
Entertainment system- Four zone system with audio feeds to cockpit and Master stateroom from Salon. System to be Savant based entertainment and control system. System to be WIFI based interface for AV throughout the boat.
- KVH TV5 satellite TV with Direct TV. 2 receivers
- TV monitor in pilothouse- to be 40 Samsung Smart TV on lift located outboard of starboard settee.
- TV monitor in open lower salon to be 40 Samsung Smart TV. TV to be recessed into aft bulkhead. Framework to hinge down to allow access to wiring below helm instrument pod.
- TV monitor in master cabin to be above settee on fwd bulkhead to be 40 Samsung Smart TV recessed into bulkhead in lieu of standard 28 TV
- Steps from pilothouse to galley to be gloss varnished with nonskid particles in varnish.
- Custom open lower salon, Single cabin layout. Table to have gas assist polished SS Crown high-low pedestal. Includes locker arrangement forward of the settee that will house the Splendide washer/dryer. Also includes filler cushion and one set of fitted sheets when table is dropped down for sleeping.
- Galley and head counter tops to have laminated varnished cherry fiddle rails
- Guest head counter top to be gloss varnished cherry in lieu of standard Corian.
The Owners Cabin has a dresser across the forward bulkhead with open space below. TV monitor above. Owners berth to be forward facing. Aft hanging lockers to be enlarged forward on foot and inboard face to be angled inboard forward a few inches to make more parallel with the hull side to make more depth at the forward end of lockers. Open bookshelf to become locker with a raised panel locker door. Head of master berth to have upholstered headboard.
- Soundown sound absorbing panels on chine area of owners cabin to reduce noise from wave slap.
- Spendide 2100 XC combination vented washer dryer in locker in passageway to owners cabin Enlarge gray water tank to 30-35 gallons. Dryer to vent out side of cabin above dryer.
- TV monitor in master cabin to be above settee on fwd bulkhead to be 40 Samsung Smart TV recessed into bulkhead in lieu of standard 28 TV
- Owners Cabin Berth Mattress- HMC System Five 9 ½ innerspring mattress
- Owners Cabin Berth Bedding- Ralph Lauren Winslow Herringbone Wicker White with Ultra-leather Admiral piping
- Owners Cabin Pillow Shams- Ralph Lauren Winslow Herringbone Wicker White with Ultra-leather Admiral piping
- Owners Cabin Headboard- Ralph Lauren Winslow Herringbone Wicker
Custom master head arrangement with two sinks and shower inboard. Rain type shower head plus the standard handheld shower head on bar. Installed lighted shaving mirror.
- Master head sole to be standard varnished teak and tulipwood.
- Head counter tops to have laminated varnished cherry fiddle rails
Common wire bonding with a minimum branch wire size of #8 AWG per ABYC.
24-VOLT DC Ships Service:
- Start Batteries: Four (4) BCI 4D AGM batteries for main engines and generator.
- House: Four (4) BCI 8D AGM batteries for the main house bank.
- Heavy-duty battery switches for both port and starboard engines, with the ability to parallel the Starting Batteries.
- Mastervolt 12/24Volt start battery isolator
- Two (2) Balmar® alternators - 80-amp 24-Volt DC.
- Two (2) 24-Volt-DC battery chargers. One (1) 100-amp for House bank and one (1) 60-amp for starting bank.
- 24-Volt lighting
240/120 VOLT-60 Hz AC from Shore Power:
GENERATOR: Cummins/ONAN 17 Kw generator rated for 240-Volts AC, is mounted in a sound shield and is outfitted with DC voltmeter, water temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, hour meter, control switch, shutdown bypass switch and pre-heat.
Each engine features on demand, fully paralleled PTO redundancy to provide hydraulic power for steering, bow thruster, and windlass.
- Twin Caterpillar C18 ACERT 1150 common rail diesel engines with ZF transmissions in lieu of standard engines.
- Hydraulic PTO redundancy. Feature achieved through the following means: Installed additional PTO units and parallel system to provide redundant hydraulic service for jet buckets, bow thruster, windlass and steering (steering uses smaller independent PTO unit). System to provide full hydraulic control in the event of the loss of either engine. The PTO units are on-demand and are fully paralleled.
- ZF transmissions IRM325 with 1.225:1 reduction gear ratio
- CAT Twin single-lever engine control head with engine sync
- Two LCD Cat engine displays
- Cat emergency stop panels
- Two (2) 600-gallon fuel tanks
- Racor Diesel Fuel Polishing system, model FPS150S24, 24V with magnetic fuel conditioner and digital timer with audible alarm & service filter light. Fuel plumbing to have an electrically actuated manifold for selecting between port or starboard fuel tanks via a Carling rocker switch at the helm. Capacity rating on this system is 150GPH.
- Digital timer to be remote mounted in the helm area. Specific mounting location at the helm per approved helm arrangement (see project manager to confirm mounting locations prior to installation).
- Baffled and insulated engine air intakes
- Underwater exhaust system - with low speed by-pass.
- Algae-X fuel purification system for both engines and generator
- Hinckley JetStick® integrates forward and aft motion of the boat, steering, and the bow thruster into a single joystick control.
- Hinckley PalmStick wireless remote for JetStick®
- Bow thruster - Sidepower hydraulic 25-hp bow thruster
- Seakeeper gyro-stabilizer-Seakeeper
- Lenco Autoglide Trim Tab system - automatic trim tab control system in the world.
- Life Raft: 6-man Winslow 60 SL/O.
- Provide two (2) additional ¾x50 dock lines.
Safety and Deck Equipment:
- Horn - Kahlenberg 24-Volt DC dual-trumpet air horn with switch at helm
- Searchlight - 24 Volt-DC with remote at helm
- (10) Lifejackets - (8) adult and (2) children
- (6) Fenders with fleece covers and Wichard snap hooks
- Coast Guard safety equipment
- (4) Fire Extinguishers: 2-lb. Type B-1 fire extinguishers for class A, B, and C fires.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
For more information, please contact David Johnson at David@DenisonYachtSales.com
or (954) 610-3263