2008 Viking 68 Enclosed Bridge
|Category||Sports Fishing Boats|
|Propulsion Type||Twin Inboard|
|Location||Orange Beach, AL|
|2008 68 Viking Enclosed Bridge|
Accommodations & Layout
This 68' is optioned for the ultimate in cruising comfort. The 3 stateroom layout offers a master suite with maximum storage and a sitting area for true live aboard comfort. The forward VIP stateroom features a walk around queen bed with en-suite head. The starboard guest stateroom has capability for a double bunk but has a single captains quarter berth with extra storage and private access to the starboard guest head.
The galley is set up for gourmet cooking. It includes extra storage and a full Gaggenau oven. The granite counter has a 7" overhang for bar stools and the dinette table and settee are larger to seat more guests comfortably.
The salon is ideal for entertaining with the large L-shaped sofa, custom wood ottoman with a large storage capacity, and the "pop-up" 42" flatscreen TV.
Access to the enclosed flybridge is easy from the salon via a spiral stairway or a ladder from the cockpit. Running the boat from the enclosed bridge is like being in a second salon / living room. The bridge has an L-shaped settee, teak cocktail table and two bench seats with a Stidd chair at the helm. There is also a compact office area complete with printer shelf, desk for computer, file cabinet and everything necessary to conduct business.
Above the enclosed bridge is an open flybridge with a center console helm, teak helm pod with single lever controls with thruster buttons in the handles, two teak ladder back helm chairs, bench seating on both sides and seating for two in front of the helm console. There is a custom hardtop that was fabricated for the skybridge.
The cockpit features Viking's famous mezzanine seating for maximum comfort and there is a TV hookup for watching the big game. The teak covering boards, cockpit and mezzanine deck complete the custom look.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Engine Type||Twin Inboard|
LIQUID APPLE is a 2008 68 VIKING ENCLOSED BRIDGE with the popular skybridge option. Full time captain maintained and with many upgrades and updates completed in the last couple of years, this 68 ENCLOSED BRIDGE provides a rare opportunity to load your gear and go cruising and fishing tomorrow.
CAT C32A engines were replaced in 2011 and currently have approximately 1150 hrs of which are mostly cruising hours as it was cruised by the first and second owner for the first 8 years. All service is up to date on the motors.
This is a 3 stateroom layout with the master suite having a split level with the downstairs level having additional storage with couch and reading area.
The current owner of 2008 68' VIKING ENCLOSED BRIDGE "LIQUID APPLE" has spent a considerable amount of money to update equipment and interior and has added many features found on the new VIKINGS being built today.
Highlights, updates, and upgrades include:
2018 & 2019 include
- 1000 hour service completed on both main engines
- Sea Recovery Aquamatic 1400 GPD Water maker installed by Viking
- Eskimo Ice E1540 600lb Ice Chipper installed by Viking
- Dometic Spot Zero ZTC double pass series water system was installed
- Both generators were completely serviced and had new water pumps installed
- All new hoses were installed on engines, generators, and thru hulls
- All of the batteries were replaced along with the battery charger
- Two new Charles 50 Amp transformers were installed
- New steering ram was installed
- The fire system was updated
- New KVH 5 satellite system was installed
- KVH 3 rogue wave WIFI unit with a N900 GB Router and antenna, along with a satellite phone, was installed by AME
- FLIR, M-625CS, along with an extra joystick in the skybridge installed
- Garmin GPSMAP8624 24 chart plotter, with overlay switch for the skybridge was installed by AME
- Garmin GSD 26 Chirp Sonar Module, Airmar 2kw CHIRP transducer installed
- Garmin overlay remote was installed in the Skybridge
- (4) Garmin GC10 Image Cameras with multiplexor processor and a quad switcher installed
- Tri-color lights were installed on all three deck levels by AME. (Red, White, and Blue)
- New Lumishore underwater lights (68-0344, THX803) were installed with a hub switcher by AME. (Blue/White)
- Custom JL audio system was installed