2007 Chaparral 270 Signature
|Propulsion Type||Single Inboard|
Raymarine a7 touch screen 7" gps fish finder
Single Berth 6
Dry Weight 7450
Max Draft 2.8
Cabin Headroom 6.17
|Speed and Distance|
|Engine Model||8.0 OSi|
|Engine Type||Single Inboard|
Title is in my hands and is clean and clear.
One of a kind low 141 hours on Volvo penta engine (375 hp) and 9 hours on kohler generator, loaded signature 270. This is the last year that Chaparral has made a 29 footer cabin cruiser. From 2008 onwards Chaparral renamed the 250 signature as 270 signature.
This boat comes with both a boat cover as well as eisen glass complete cover. The eisen glass requires a little bit of canvas work. The boat currently resides in Chesapeake Bay in Herrington Harbor marina. The aluminium trailer has 6000$ of custom work done to make it more robust (16.5" rv wheels, underwater lights, electric + hydraulic brakes on all axles, guide poles ). this trailer is built to take the boat anywhere long distances in USA. I trailer-ed the boat from Virginia to Florida back and forth once with zero issues.
I am the second owner of the boat. The original owner hardly used the boat as he got stage 3 cancer and sold the boat to me at 52 hours on the engine and 3 hours on the generator. The cabin was not slept in at all and the microwave and refrigerator still had the plastic cover sealing it. I bought the boat in 2018 for my family, but then realized I am boating by myself on it 95% of the time as family is not showing much interest. So I decided to put the boat for sale and get a center console offshore fishing boat. There is nothing wrong with the boat. Engine fires up instantly and the 375 HP is more than enough to get the boat get on plane rapidly. I normally cruise at 30-32 mph. I might have slept overnight in the boat a max of 5-6 times overall so interior is not used much.
The boat is fully loaded. One of the pictures contain the actual specification of the boat when purchased. Recent changes are addition of underwater lights, changed the GPS to a raymarine a7 touch screen, 32" TV was installed, blue mood lights installed, new 8 foot VHF antenna replaced, new stern anchor and the stereo head and speakers were changed.
Now for the fixes to be done to the boat...
1. Eisen glass canvas will need a little bit of work on the top shade as the zip got torn. It should not be more than 200-300$ worth of work to get it back to normal.
2. When boating in the potomac river, my old marina had low depth in the channel (2 - 2.5 feet) and the skeg got dragged and slight damage. The picture of the damage is enclosed. The marina mechanic estimated the cost of fix as $500. This low water depth in channel is main reason I moved my boat to the Chesapeake bay marina in 2019.
3. The back passenger seat head wood was rotted and needs replacement and repair. Estimated cost to fix is around $200.
4. You may want to again put the bottom paint end of season 2019 as the last time it was bottom painted was in 2004.
5. The port side blower exhaust cover is broken. I put blue tape temporarily to hold the cover in place. New cover is $250.