Edgewater, MDSell a boat like this
The 1160 Lite has been developed to meet the evolving needs of modern sailors. Keeping things simple, the Lite offers a low maintenance high performing 38ft catamaran at an entry level price. Perfect for weekend sails and a great base to begin your offshore cruising dream!
$340,000 Base Price - call for factory options
- Finish: Full female moulded hulls & decks, exterior gelcoat finish with moulded-in non-slip surface on deck areas.
- Hull Laminate: New Infused Vinyl Ester (Modified epoxy) resin laminate of the entire hull laminate.
- Hull Core Material: New PVC closed cell foam core.
- Deck Laminate: New Vacuum formed polyester resin resin laminate.
- Deck Core Material: PVC closed cell foam core.
- General Laminate: New Vacuum formed polyester resin resin laminate.
- General Core Material: PVC closed cell foam core.
- Laminate specifications are certified to International CE standards
- Clear anodized aluminum mast and boom. Single Spreader, 7/8 rig.
- Standing Rigging:
- Forestay 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire. - Sidestays 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
- Diamonds 5/16 (8mm) 1 x 19 Stainless Steel wire.
- Main halyard: 12mm Spectra rope : Heavy duty shackle.
- Jib halyard: 8mm Spectra rope. Heavy duty shackle.
- Topping lift: 8mm rope. Heavy duty shackle.
- Boom outhaul: 10mm Spectra.
Single line reefing, run to helm. Three reefing points with 2 reef lines:
– Reef 1&3: 10mm rope. Leech/Clew blocks and snap shackle.
– Reef 2: 10mm rope. Heavy duty shackle.
- Main sheet: 10mm rope
- Main traveller control: 8mm rope
- Jib sheet: 10mm rope
- All halyards, reefing lines to be lead back to cockpit through turning blocks, rope clutches.
- Fully battened mainsail. Triple stitched reinforced construction. Leach adjustable batten end caps. Fiberglass sail battens.
- Mainsail cover with integrated lazy jack system.
- Self-tacking headsail, curved headsail traveller track with end stops. With New single line control sheet to cockpit
- Aluminium Hatches & portholes (9 in total)
4 x Forward Hatches 470mm x 470mm
2 x Mid cabin hatches 470mm x 470mm
1 x Port Bathroom window hatch 507mm x 377mm
1 x Galley window hatch 507mm x 377mm
1 x Aft Cabin window hatch 507mm x 377mm
- Fibreglass Deck Hatches:
5 x Forward anchor & storage hatches.
2 x Cockpit engine access hatches.
- 6 x Docking cleats. Each side : bow, stern & amidships.
- 6x Safety handles around cockpit.
- 1 x Heavy duty mooring cleat on forward walkway.
- Ventilation: 2 x forward cabin hatch vents.
- Mast base turning blocks. All halyards & sail controls to cockpit.
- 9 x Rope clutches.
- Sheet winches : 1 x 45ST – 2 speed self tailing, 2 x 40ST – 2 speed self tailing
- Stanchions/Rails: High quality stanchions, bow rails and stern rails with 3 life-lines. With 700mm high lifelines to meet CE requirements.
- 2 x transom access gates with pelican hook releases.
- 2 x side access gates with pelican hook releases.
- Aft swim ladder: folding stainless aft swim ladder.
Forward Beam, Catwalk and Trampolines
- New Carbon reinforced fwd beam.
- Pelican striker and adjustable cable.
- 1 x Mooring plate above foredeck.
- 2 x Anchor roller under deck. Permanent stowage position for 45lb Plough (CQR/Delta type) anchor. (cheeks 75mm high).
- Catwalk in pvc foam-sandwich fibreglass.
- New Light weight plastic coated open netted trampolines.
Aft Beam and Deck
- Targa Bar with curved mainsheet track and continuous line traveller control system.
- Stainless steel framed composite seats behind aft beam.
- New full width hard top over cockpit
- Twin helm stations:
- 2 X 32” stainless steel steering wheels.
- Both wheels independently linked to steering system. – system offers back-up redundancy.
- New Lightweight interior design.
- Furniture and cabin sides gloss gelcoat finish.
- Cabin top lined with light weight internally molded gelcoat liner.
- New Floors: synthetic timber flooring.
- New Lightweight cupboard doors and trimmings
- New Lightweight handcrafted saloon table
- Upholstered settee.
- New Lightweight handcrafted coffee table
- Forward aluminium opening windows.
- Saloon side windows in 8mm toughened glass.
- Tri folding cockpit doors
- Removable low profile, helm hatches.
- Spacious galley with co-ordinated Polystone counter surfaces.
- Three (3) burner LPG stove, stainless steel pot holders. Flame failure device to shut off LPG immediately in event of flame going out.
- Double bowl stainless steel sink.
- Pressure fresh water system.
- Refrigerator: Front opening upright fridge with freezing compartment 80 litres.
- Under bench storage
- Trash bin.
- LPG solenoid control in galley
- Light weight pvc foam cored doors on all private cabins.
- Port & Starboard fwd cabins : Each queen sized bed (2050mm x 1540mm)
- Aft Starboard cabin : Double bed (1990mm x 1230mm)
- Mattresses 150mm ( 6” ) foam upholstered.
- Cabins lined.
- 12volt LED lighting.
- Polished light weight pvc foam cored door.
- Manual toilet. Discharge via holding tank.
- Holding tank built in. Discharge pump out by shore station or directly overboard 130L.
- Pipes, skin fittings and sea-cocks are easily accessible and to meet survey requirements.
- Vanity basin with pressure water.
- Separate shower stall with wall mounted shower head & mixer tap.
- Electric shower bilge pump with direct overboard discharge.
- Large quantity cupboards / shelves to very high quality.
- High quality DC electrical switch panel with circuit breakers, LED indicator lights and voltage display.
- Marine grade tinned electrical wiring with extensive use of heat sealed connectors..
- Batteries x 3 comprising: House System (260 amp hrs) : 2 x 130 amp hr heavy duty batteries. One
engine cranking battery – 130 amp hr heavy duty battery.
- 230amp heavy duty isolation switch.
- 12 V lighting : Numerous 12V interior lamps and courtesy lights throughout including recessed lights in cockpit.
- 4 x 12V Outlets.
- CE approved navigation lights. Port & Starboard mounted on bow rails.
- Deck floodlight mounted on spreaders.
- Mast head anchor / riding light.
Plumbing/Fresh Water Tanks
- Pressure water system with water to galley and both bathrooms.
- Fresh water tank: 700 litres ( 185 gallons) roto moulded. Remote deck filler.
- Electric fresh water pump.
- Electric bilge pumps (2) with controls integral with master battery switch panel.
- Manual bilge pumps (2) in each hull.
- New Marelon through-hull fittings to CE/ISO standard.
- Manual toilet in head.
- 1 x LPG bottle – 4.5kg.
- Fresh water tank gauge.
- Twin lightweight Honda 20hp 20” engines. Mounted under helm seat at each steering station.
- 5” leg extensions added to engines to reduce cavitation.
- Remote electric key start with electric tilt fitted.
- Dual engine controls at port helm station.
- 270l fuel tank mounted in external locker fwd of mast.
- Twin steering compasses.
- Primary anchor is 45 lb CQR anchor type with 15 mtrs x 8mm short link galvanised chain and 40 mtrs x 16mm triple braid anchor warp.
- Primary anchor is stored in a specially designed anchor roller under the forward beam.
- 3 x PVC Inflatable Fenders
- 3 x Mooring lines (each 15 metres x 14mm).
- Epoxy barrier coat plus 2 coats of high quality black antifouling bottom paint.
- Seawind 1160 Lite decal on each hull and stern.
- 1997 Fountaine Pajot Tobago 35$149,000Chestertown, MDSail Away Catamarans Yacht Sales
- 2023 Seawind 1190 cruiser$399,000Edgewater, MDSail Away Catamarans Yacht Sales
- 2023 Seawind 1190 Sport$449,000USSail Away Catamarans Yacht Sales
- 2004 Schionning Cosmos 49$390,000Glen Burnie, MDSail Away Catamarans Yacht Sales