Wilmington, NC 28405Sell a boat like this
Designed for the unforgiving waters of the North Carolina coast, the MYSTIQUE 48 CC is the premier, best in class, sports-fishing vessel that compliments the finest concepts of the region's history-rich past with the latest in technological advances. With a fishing-first focus, the MYSTIQUE 48 CC also appeals to the family with ample luxury, amenities, and styling."
With over 100 years of combined expertise, Mystique Boatworks' designers and builders have a proven track-record of constructing champion fishing vessels. The MYSTIQUE boats are extremely high-tech, composite-built boats that utilize the latest in technology and materials. It will exceed your expectations on the turbulent oceans with the power and luxury to bring you home safely and confidently.
BEAUTY - The natural, sleek lines of the MYSTIQUE 48 CC's Carolina flare, along with the tumblehome curvature and sculped integrated bracket with the gentle turndowns are all proportionally correct, creating an artwork masterpiece. This completely unique boat, tailored to fit your needs, will make you the envy of all.
AWE - The MYSTIQUE 48 CC is a fishing machine, built for the serious angler. How the fisherman uses the boat is imperative to our design process. We are building a premium boat that is fast enough to reach much farther than ever before (can hold over 750 gallons of fuel), while returning the crew safely back to the dock in comfort, and refreshed after a day on the water.
POWER - The MYSTIQUE 48 CC is in a class of its own, powered by four Mercury Marine V12 Verado 600 HP engines, a total of 2400 HP capable of propelling the craft to speeds in excess of 60 MPH. The V12 is Mercury's quietest high-horsepower engine ever built. Contra-rotating propellers maximize thrust and ease low-speed maneuvering.
Allow me to start with an introduction of the key players on the management team. The legendary Jim Luxton, co-founder of Jarrett Bay Boatworks is responsible for our hull design and project management oversite of hull #1's build, a cold-molded production. Jim's designs are renown for their classic Carolina-flare and sleek lines, along with soft-riding hulls. More on that in the product discussion below.
MYSTIQUE is fortunate to have Brian Cooke on staff as VP, Engineering. Brian started off in the marine industry as an engineer for Grady-White. Brian later took a lead-engineering role at World-Cat, where he was instrumental in the catapult of both the quality and the breadth of the World-Cat offerings. Prior to joining the MYSTIQUE team, Brian's latest role was Director, Engineering for Bluewave Boats, a bay boat manufacturer out of Oklahoma. Bluewave experienced exponential growth and quantum quality improvement under Brian's leadership. Brian's forte is creating designs that meet the customers' needs, in a manner that is both aesthetically pleasing while reducing manufacturing complexing (thus, improving process stabilization, efficiency, and volume maximization).
Prior to founding MYSTIQUE in early 2021, Keith Stevens served as VP, Operations at Regulator Marine for 12 years (2006-2012, 2015-2021). I was instrumental in improving Regulator's quality and product consistency during these years, as well as providing strong advocacy to the sales reps, in terms of meeting customer expectations, whether that be prior to build (requested design changes), during production (providing realistic and transparent status updates), as well as responsive customer support, post-purchase.
MYSTIQUE PRODUCT DETAILS:
Our current build is a 48-foot Center Console. Details can be found below regarding this model and build.
We also have plans to launch a 28 Center Console as well as a 40-foot vessel, which could be built as either a center-console or as an express, based on customer preference. These builds are scheduled to begin in late 2022, with first builds completing in 2023.
Additional models will be added in 2024 and beyond!
MYSTIQUE 48CC SPECIFICS:
Unique and noteworthy features:
* Boat is 48 ft in length, with beam of over 14 ft. Boat has ~750 gallon fuel capacity.
* Hull is variable deadrise, starting at 19 degrees at the transom, holding that deadrise to approximately mid-ship, where the deadrise continually increases up to a full "deep V" 24 degree deadrise at the bow. This gives the M.48 all the cut she needs at the bow, while providing a more flat and stable balance for the majority of the running surface. This will eliminate much of the "rocking back and forth" while at rest or low trolling speeds of a more traditional "deep V" hull.
* Hull has continuous convex shape, to create a softer, more cushioned ride in quartering seas or when the boat comes off a wave at slightly the wrong angle. Water will always hit a rounded surface, rather than a flat surface found on most traditional deep V production boats, eliminating the "slapping" hard hit during these times.
* With this hull, the roundness is evident when holding a straight-edge perpendicular to the keel outwards, toward the chine. Most production boats are flat, at this perpendicular, 90 degree angle - straight from the keel towards the chine. This flat surface on these traditional production hulls are what create the opportunity for slapping in such quartering seas. The M.48 has only 1 flat area on the hull, and that can be found at 23 degrees aft of the keel, by design, and at the angle at which water will "release" when at cruising speed.
* Best-in-class cockpit space, measured in excess of 7 ft. With the beam on this boat, this is truly a remarkable cockpit area for a boat of this overall length. There is ample room for a rocket launcher, saddle, or full fighting chair in this cockpit area.
* Two dive doors, one on each hull side. (2nd door optional).
* Hydraulic lifted mezzanine seat (towards helm) to provide ample access to mechanical room, housing generator, gyro (if so ordered and configurated), as well as other mechanical accessories.
* Helm refrigerator and freezer (one unit on each side of helm seat).
* Three forward-facing chairs at helm. Center Captain's chair to be larger and to extend proud of the outside two chairs, to facilitate easy Captain passage port and starboard, clearing knees of outside passengers. Two outside chairs designed to rotate 90 degrees outward, for side viewing while trolling or at rest.
* Remarkable cabin, with full head, sink and separate shower area (so as to not have to shower over the head). His and Hers cedar closets. Queen-size berth, with integrated backrests for comfortable reading or television-watching prior to sleep. Full kitchenette / galley.
* Two A/C units, one each dedicated for cabin and one for helm.
* Comprehensive electronics package, including (3) 8622 Garmin screens at helm, integrated bow thruster with Mercury joy-stick controls, and Vesper Cortex (Wireless) VHF. Helm has space for triple 8624 Garmin screens, with upgrade.
* Big-Boy Boat - all accesses, walk spaces, hatches and such are designed to accommodate a large male, easily.
* Hull 1 being designed with a gap tower, provided by Carolina Custom Towers. These are some of the finest towers (in terms of aesthetics, usability, and reliability / durability). Customer can change configuration to a standard hardtop, only, if s/he comes on board in the short-term future!
* Boat will have all the traditional Carolina-flare styling, including tumblehome and faux teak tow rail, as well as teak covering boards in cockpit.
* Hulls #2 and beyond will be FRP-molded, production fiberglass style. Hull #1 is a traditional cold-molded hull, designed and project-managed by the legendary Jim Luxton himself, with this first hull to be used as the plug for the two-piece mold. Most traditional production builders want to avoid the complexity and labor-intensity presented by the two-piece hull mold, which then limits their ability to produce true Carolina-flair and tumblehome styling into their hull design.
* Hulls #2 and beyond will be vacuum infused.
* Semi-custom, production builder. There is still (limited!) time for Customer #1 to influence Hull #1's look, feel, and layout!
* Boats will be painted with Awlgrip marine paint or similar. Color to be at customer's request.
* Hull #1 on schedule to complete by year-end 2022. MYSTIQUE is prepared to start Hull #2 by September 2022, with anticipated completion in 2Q23. Repeating above, MYSTIQUE also plans on launching a 28' center console and a 40 foot boat (center console or express) in 2023.
Manufacturer Provided Description
Manufactured for the unforgiving waters off the North Carolina coast, Mystique honors the legacy of the expert boat builders for which the region is known and the Creator responsible for its beauty.
Together, our team designs and manufactures offshore fishing vessels capable of bringing you decades of memories. While we have a fishing first focus, our boats also appeal to the family with ample luxury, amenities, and styling. With over 100 years of combined boat building experience, let us offer you the mystique of joining the select few who are defining the next generation's Carolina tradition.