Road Town, VG VG1110Sell a boat like this
2019 ROBERTSON AND CAINE LEOPARD 45 – Side By Side
Builder's Remarks: We are pleased to announce that the Leopard 45 has been awarded 2017 Boat of the Year by Cruising World Magazine. This marks the 7th Cruising World Boat of the Year win by Leopard. This year’s award was in the newly created Best Charter Catamaran category proving that South African Builders, Robertson and Caine, have perfected the art of not only creating the perfect boat but one that is perfectly suited for the charter industry as well.
The judging was done by a team of three independent industry experts, who conducted thorough dockside inspections and then carried out sea trials. The Leopard 45 proved to be the leader of the pack in all areas of the judging. What stood out in particular was her performance and innovation. Additionally, the judges were impressed by the amount of space provided by the forward cockpit, which is connected to the saloon through a translucent door. Another area of interest to the judges was the main saloon, which hosts a forward facing galley and dinette. The judges also noted that visibility through the Leopard 45 is excellent.
Broker's Remarks: "Side By Side" is a lovely and fairly rare yacht that is new to the market. This is a very young yacht, and if bought today, you'd get many years of happy sailing. This one looks great, and one of the very first yachts to be pulled out of summer storage for charter. there was a reason for this, and its not just the good looks, but also the good condition.
Availability: Leaves fleet 31st July 2023.
- HULL CONSTRUCTION: Composite Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) Sandwich with Balsa core
- DECK MATERIAL: Fiberglass
- RUDDER TYPE: Balanced spade rudder
- KEEL TYPE: Multihull
- WHERE BUILT: South Africa
ENGINES AND CONTROLS
- ENGINE 1 HOURS RUN/DATE: 1516 - Oct 2022
- ENGINE 2 HOURS RUN/DATE: 1507 - Oct 2022
- GEARBOX: SD60
- CONTROLS: Morse double lever throttle / gearshift control
- COOLING SYSTEM: Raw water
SAILS AND RIGGING
- MAIN: Ullman Fully battened main
- JIB: Roller Furling Genoa
- SPAR MAKER/MATERIAL: Z-spars/Aluminum
- STANDING RIGGING MATERIAL: Stainless Steel
- SAIL AREA: 1318 sq. ft.
- GENOA WINCHES: 2 x Lewmar electric at helm
- MAIN HALYARD WINCH: Lewmar electric at helm
- MAINSHEET WINCH: Lewmar
- GUEST: 4 x staterooms in port and starboard hull with en suite head in each
- SALOON TABLE: Table convertable to double bunk
- FRESH WATER PUMP: With Accumulator Tank
- COOKER TYPE: ENO Propane Oven & 3 burner cooktop
- SINK: Stainless steel
- SHOWERS: 5
- UPHOLSTERY/COLOUR SCHEME: Faux Leather
- INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION/WOOD TYPE: Laminate finishes with solid wood trims
- VOLTAGE: 110v
- HOUSE BATTERIES: 3 x AGM 210 AH ea.
- ENGINE BATTERIES: 2 x AGM
- GENERATOR BATTERIES: 1 x AGM
- OTHER ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT: Battery Charger 100Ah charge rate,
- GENERATOR: Northern Lights 9 kW - 5663 hrs - Nov 2019
- STEERING SYSTEM: Edson Wheel
- DODGER: Custom helm enclosure
- FENDERS: Yes
- WINDLASS: Lewmar Electric
- DAVITS: SS Custom w/ Electric Winch
- PRIMARY ANCHOR: Delta 55 lb with 165’ of chain
- SECONDARY ANCHOR: Britany 35 lb
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Fire extinguishers
- OTHER EQUIPMENT: Anchor bridle, mooring equipment: fenders, mooring lines
- BOTTOM PAINT: Excellent condition, painted summer 2022
Founded upon the ethos of continuous innovation and feedback from cruising clients, the new Leopard 45 sailing catamaran represents astute value, elegant lines and satisfies blue water passion.
With naval architecture by Simonis & Voogd Yacht Design, and with exterior and interior design by the world-class design team at Robertson and Caine, the Leopard 45 Sailing Catamaran not only builds on the best features of the current Leopard range, but most notably offers new exterior styling and enhanced interior accommodation.
The exterior styling has evolved from the more curvaceous deck features on the current Leopard range, into a sharper, more angular look, topped by a sleek new saloon hardtop, which extends from aft cockpit to forward cockpit.
Available in a 3 or 4 cabin layout, the Leopard 45 offers the perfect entertainment package with increased aft area with new layout, ergonomically designed open plan saloon and galley, larger forward cockpit, and more onboard area.
She’s sleek and nimble, yet comfortable. She incorporates a heritage of Leopards spanning twenty five years of production expertise.
The Leopard 45’s increased area, ergonomically designed open plan saloon and galley, increased forward cockpit and more onboard area make her the ideal catamaran for guest entertaining as well as long-range cruising.
Onboard entertaining is accentuated with ample dining space, and forward facing L shaped seating communicating directly with the galley, situated forward. Wide sliding saloon doors afford panoramic views towards the stern, allowing the interior saloon to flow naturally towards the outside aft and forward cockpit.
The boat is flooded with natural light during the day and after sunset, illuminated by subtle hidden lighting, with individual spotlights to highlight certain areas.
Designed for a modern, blue water lifestyle, the Leopard 45 features a raised helm station covered by a hardtop bimini, with direct access from the cockpit and side deck. All sailing lines lead to easily accessible winches, the primary winches being electric, and operated by footswitches.
In summary, the Leopard 45 Sailing Catamaran delivers uncompromised, exceptional build quality throughout, new, sleek styling, a sensible and practical layout, sailing comfort across all sea states, and features innovative technologies and multiple entertainment areas.
- 2017 Beneteau Oceanis 41$160,000$160,000Rodney Bay, LCMoorings Yacht Brokerage USA
- 2018 Leopard 48$539,000$539,000Tortola, VGMoorings Yacht Brokerage USA
- 2015 Leopard 51 Powercat$559,000$559,000Road Town, VG VG1110Moorings Yacht Brokerage USA
- 2016 Leopard 58$1,149,000$1,149,000Tortola, VGMoorings Yacht Brokerage USA