2019 Hobie Mirage Outback
We accomplished the impossible – we improved the world’s #1 pedal fishing kayak to make it truly legendary. New for 2019, the Mirage Outback comes standard with the Hobie Guardian Retractable Transducer Shield.
With the first major redesign of the best-selling Mirage Outback in over a decade, Hobie has single-handedly advanced the sport of kayak fishing. This fully-loaded fishing machine is built for every conceivable fishing expedition, whether you’re prowling the ocean for monster gamefish or stalking bass in your favorite freshwater fishing hole. The extra-wide standing deck offers an improved casting platform and convenient vantage point for sight fishing, allowing for superior vision from above while the revolutionary Guardian Transducer Shield gives you multidimensional vision below. The new Vantage CTW seat provides extra width for unmatched room and comfort. Four molded-in rod holders, multiple deluxe H-Track mounts, and numerous high-capacity storage compartments ensure that all of your gear is at your fingertips. Powered by the MirageDrive 180 with ARC Cranks + Turbo Fins – now standard on all Outbacks – this fine-tuned angling vessel is highly versatile, fast, quiet, and exceedingly nimble. Now featuring our Kick-Up Rudder system with dual steering capabilities, combating drift and navigating tight water has never been easier.
While the classic Outback was a legend, the all-new Outback is truly legendary.
Features may include:
Reflective Bow Graphics
- For added safety on the water.
Large Bow Hatch
- Enables easy access to the bow's stowage compartment. A security strap with a detachable clip tethers the hatch; abovedeck, Bungee® cords secure extra gear.
MirageDrive 180 with Turbo Fins
- Revolutionary hands-free propulsion system. When pedaled, the flexible fins assume the shape of a propeller blade, providing forward motion with each pedal stroke. 2019 Mirage Outbacks come standard with Turbo Fins.
H-Track Deluxe w/ H-Rail Integrated Track
- For the ultimate customization and organization in accessory mounting. Includes side accessory tracks, plier holder, knife slot, Tackle Storage Retainers and an integrated Bungee retraction system to keep all gear close at hand.
Notched MirageDrive Well
- Recess for MirageDrive on bottom of kayak for better shallow water protection.
EVA Deck Pads
- Advanced EVA pads provide better grip, extra comfort, and improved stability while standing and sound dampening properties.
Vertical Rectangular Hatch
- New vertical orientation allows for more standing area and ease of access to your tackle bins. Comes standard with an easily removable tackle bucket and bottle opener on the inside lid. A rubber mesh pocket is included to catch any stray bottle caps.
Mid-Boat Carrying Handle
- These ergonomic handles are bolted onto either side of the kayak's cockpit, making it easier to negotiate launching ramps or transport.
Dual Rudder Control
- Easily control steering from both sides of the kayak.
Vantage CTW Seating
- New state-of-the-art design, with 4-way adjustablity and an added 1.5" on the seat base for more comfort in the cockpit or on the beach. Enjoy breathability, infinite flexibility and better visibility.
- For storing tackle and other items needed close at hand