2019 Boston Whaler 420 Outrage
THE UNSINKABLE LEGEND!! THIS BOAT WILL NOT SINK!!! FOAM FLOATATION A vessel can be kept afloat using solid installed foam. Recall the Boston Whaler commercials where a tender is cut into thirds and remains afloat with a person in each section? However, the drawback to using installed foam in a cruising boat is quantity or volume of foam needed to keep a flooded displacement hull afloat. SO IMAGINE THE FOAM BOSTON WHALER ADDS TO MAKE THIS CLAIM!! A 30,000-pound boat, (a common displacement for a 45-foot to 50- foot passagemaker) would need nearly 500 cubic feet of solid foam within the hull to keep it from foundering when flooded. Fitting 500 cubic feet of foam into a yacht's hull would be a feat, requiring every nook and cranny to be filled since 500 cubic feet equals a space nearly 20' long, eight feet wide and three feet high. To keep such a boat afloat, foam three inches thick inside the entire hull would be needed, and that would only support the boat to its gunwales. Huge comfort, legendary capability and unmatched state-of-the-art features make the flagship 420 Outrage® a boat like no other. From the expansive bow with innovative seating galore, to the beautifully designed convertible helm and cockpit areas, to the gracious, well-equipped cabin with enclosed head, the 420 is a champion at onboard entertaining and pleasure cruising, whether close to home or way offshore. With so many inviting spaces to settle in for the day, this is the yacht you’ll want to enjoy with family and friends. Step aboard and into the future of boating.
Huge comfort, legendary capability and unmatched state-of-the-art features make the flagship 420 Outrage® a boat like no other. From the expansive bow with innovative seating galore, to the beautifully designed convertible helm and cockpit areas, to the gracious, well-equipped cabin with enclosed head, the 420 is a champion at onboard entertaining and pleasure cruising, whether close to home or way offshore. With so many inviting spaces to settle in for the day, this is the yacht you’ll want to enjoy with family and friends. Step aboard and into the future of boating.
- Helm seating accommodates 6 people and converts easily to face forward or aft.
- Cockpit sunshade deploys electronically and features black Sunbrella® canvas.
- Enclosed head includes electric VacuFlush™ toilet and an enclosed shower with rain shower head.
- Spacious cabin with V-berth offers 7 feet of headroom and two available color schemes.
- Convertible aft bench tucks away to expand the cockpit with even more fish-fighting room.
- Quad Mercury® Verado® 350s with Joystick Piloting offer incredible power and precision.
- Mercury’s integrated SmartCraft® VesselView display, power steering and digital throttle and shift combine for sophisticated, seamless command.
- Dynamic Running Surface hull technology, featuring automatically adjusting trim tabs, lifts ride quality to new levels.
Features may include:
- All hardware 316-L stainless steel
- All rails welded 316-L stainless steel
- 10” stainless steel cleats (stern cockpit with gunnel board hawse pipe (2), anchor locker (1))
- 10” stainless steel pull-up cleats (bow (2), spring line (2), crosstie cleats at transom (2))
- 28” interior freeboard
- Acrylic transom door with stainless steel latch
- A/C vents (2)
- Center helm layout
- Dash visor
Open Windshield Hardtop System
- Custom powder coated frame integrated into the deck providing clean unobstructed walkways
- Electronics box with locking latch above helm
- Ladder access to hardtop integrated into hardtop frame, port side
- Lighting – LED flood lights bow (1), cockpit (2)
Deluxe Leaning Post/Bait Prep Center
- 120-V outlets (2)
- Bait prep area with cutting board
- Drink holders (2)
- Electric grill with hinged solid surface lid over grill providing counter surface when not in use
- Flip-up backrest at forward end of lounge providing wraparound seating
- Fold-away stern bench seat
- Forward console lounge with fold-down armrests, drink holders (4), backrests and removable cushion
- Bilge storage aft
- Bow anchor locker with drains
- Coaming storage pockets with acrylic doors in port and starboard fore deck area (4)
- Companionway hanging locker
- Galley – cabinet aft of microwave
- Galley – hinged lid integrated into countertop providing access to storage compartment
- 120-V receptacle – port side
- 12-V USB charging ports – port and starboard sides
- 28” flat screen HDTV
- Air conditioner (12,000 BTU)
- 120-V receptacle
- 12-V receptacle
- Dedicated dish storage in pull-out drawer below sink and in a cabinet above the sink