Fort Lauderdale, FL
**HUGE PRICE REDUCTION, SELLER IS MOTIVATED**
NEW BOTTOM JOB COMPLETED 6/20
This superb example of the Leopard 40 comes to market as her sellers are pursuing new adventures. Never chartered, owners version (3 staterooms, 2 heads). She is well equipped, turn key, and needs only your food and stores to embark on her next adventure. Lying in Ft. Lauderdale and available for immediate sale. Recent upgrades include
- Pirate Light security system
- Seawater Pro watermaker (25 gph)
- Rocna anchor with 45 lb Delta as spare with 165’ chain
Manufacturer Provided Description
Leopard Catamarans excitedly announces the new Leopard 40. This innovative and performance driven Leopard 40 is sure to excite anyone interested in a new catamaran in the 40 ft range.
The Leopard 40, like other Leopard models before her, is a product of South African boat builders Robertson and Caine and includes a unique, modern design thanks to experienced naval architects Simonis and Voogd as well as Robertson and Caine's design team. She resembles her predecessors in speed, agility, and blue-water performance, but her enhancements include an increased volume in the hulls and a design consistent with the rest of the Leopard range currently in production.
The Leopard 40’s interior design is unlike any Leopard before her. Her galley is located forward and the forward-facing settee and table are now located aft. This allows for a panoramic view with large sliding glass doors between the saloon and the aft cockpit. This arrangement promotes easy communication for guests and an open flow between the saloon and the aft cockpit, and a fusion of indoor and outdoor living space. In addition, the galley area includes a large forward-facing window and an access door to the forward platform of the boat. The access door enhances the open concept feel and easy navigation in and around the yacht. It also promotes ventilation throughout the interior.
Like the rest of the Leopard line, the new Leopard 40 includes a light blonde interior with a light, modern and airy feel.
Boarding from either port or starboard transom leads to her expansive, covered cockpit with abundant seating and storage. Elevated, covered helm is to starboard. Sail handling lines all run to the electric winch located just forward of the helm for convenience and safety.
A sliding glass door and window open to the saloon and create an open, single level living and entertaining area. To starboard are the electrical distribution panels and related equipment. To port a large seating area is accompanied by generous storage and shelving. The well equipped galley is forward and to starboard. On the forward port side is a convenient desk and storage area. The forward saloon bulkhead provides convenient access to the foredeck and trampoline.
Moving down to the starboard hull, the owner’s suite provides a spacious aft cabin, a vanity table/desk, a sliding door to the saloon for privacy, and a large head with separate stall shower forward.
The port hull provides two cabins and head with separate stall shower. Both hulls provide ample storage areas beneath the sole as well as numerous storage lockers.
Factory Installed Options
- Saloon blinds, front and side windows
- Convertible saloon table
Navigation and Electronics
- Fusion marine stereo w/ docking station includes Bluetooth, USB and AUX
- Fusion speakers, 2 in saloon, 2 in aft cockpit with remote handset at helm
- External speakers (2) in forward cockpit w/ amplifier and remote
- Raymarine Ray 60 VHF at helm
- Raymarine P70 color autopilot display
- Raymarine A95 9” multi-function display
- Raymarine autopilot wireless remote
Deck and Hull
- Aft cockpit side/aft shade curtains
- Stainless steel electric davit and tackle
- 2016 HF Marine 9.5' Inflatable with outboard
- 45 lb. Delta anchor with 165’ of chain
- Anchor bridle, shackles and hook
Sails and Rigging
- Fully battened main with two reefs
- 120% furling Genoa
- 2 x Main sheets (3:1 purchase)
- 2 x Genoa sheets
- 3 x Halyards (main, Genoa and spare)
- 2 x Single reef lines lead aft
- Topping lift
- Stack Pak boom cover
- 110V power with 2 x 50’ 30A shore power cords
- Inverter/battery charger 12V - 110V 2.0 kw inverter with 100A charge rate and remote battery monitor
- AGM house and start batteries
- Northern lights 6kw generator
- 2 x 16,000 BTU 110V reverse cycle AC units
- Electric primary sheet winch
- TV Bracket and outlet in salon
- 4 x 100W solar panels on hardtop
- 2 x Electric Jabsco marine toilets
- Deck wash fitting, dual fresh/salt
- Hot/cold freshwater shower at transom
- LPG gas outlet for BBQ grill on stern rail
2 x Yanmar 3YM30AE, saildrive, 29 hp each, engine hours: 475 port / 475 stbd
This vessel provides an outstanding opportunity. All service is up to date and she is ready to go.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- 2018 Leopard 40$435,000Fort Lauderdale, FLUnited Yacht Sales - Chesapeake Bay / Maryland / DC Area
- 1982 CHB Krogen 42$174,900Edgewater, MDUnited Yacht Sales - Chesapeake Bay / Maryland / DC Area
- 2001 Tiara 2900 Coronet$57,000Solomons, MDUnited Yacht Sales - Chesapeake Bay / Maryland / DC Area
- 2015 Regulator 23 Forward Seating$119,000Ocean City, MDUnited Yacht Sales - Chesapeake Bay / Maryland / DC Area