Lake George, NY
2015 Cobalt Boats R5
Cobalt has built boats for almost 50 years with a careful ear to the water. We listen to what our owners and our dealers tell us. We listen with interest and with respect. We listen, and we learn.
Case in point: the revolutionary Cobalt R5.
Asked to create a mid-sized runabout with traditional elegance and the smoothest of quiet rides, we went to the prototype shop with an exterior profile first in mind. Sleek, low, and aggressive. Very, very aggressive, per the R5's Edge graphics, set forward of the sculpted truth that is the R5's transom, swim platform, and sunpad -- cohesive in their integrated design, free-flowing in their easy functionality. The transom is walk-thru, of course. The back-rest is convertible, and the space forward is wide and wider still, with an interior beam almost a foot wider than the ever so super-spacious 242's. We then followed with yachtesque, wraparound seating to capitalize on those wishes for a flawless ride, a ride begun of course in that legendary Cobalt hull. This seating configuration, by the way, belongs only to Cobalt in boats of the R5's size. The twice wide passenger seat forward makes the cockpit even more flexible in its service of a good time -- fully convertible in direct reflection of seating aft. A console door, elegant in its woodgrains and crafted vinyls, opens to a head larger above and all-around than any other boat in the class.
The helm gleams in hand-craftsmanship, in oil-rubbed ebony Makassar trim and duotone aluminum dash panels and switches of stainless steel and five-inch digital gauges with multi-function readouts and, over all, a form-fitted eyebrow in everlasting vinyl. The wheel wraps in leather: one of the most time-honored of Cobalt traditions, this masterpiece of a steering wheel. Our owners have always insisted on comfort and convenience and accessibility -- "ergonomics" to our designers -- and so the R5's armrests and footrests and controls and cupholders and every last little amenity aboard arrives with a form and a function just too ergo for words. And one more name to drop: the Rockford Fosgate stereo, optimized and ready, as we say, to crank.
The new Cobalt R5 then. Good things come to all who have spoken.
Key Features May Include:
Dash and Insturmentation
- Aluminum Dash Panels
- Compass, Digital
- Composite Helm Eyebrow, Custom Stitching
- Dash Perimeter Wood Accent
- Depth & Water/Air Temp Gauge Pkg.
- Hour Meter
- Stainless Steel Switches
- Standard Sound w/6 Spkrs., Bluetooth
- iPod/USB/MP3 Port
- Bow Walk-Thru Doors
- Carpet, 40 oz., Snap-In w/Neoprene Back
- Head w/Porta Potti
- Removable Bow Cockpit Carpet
- Seating Varadense Comfort
- Anchor Locker
- Extended Running Surface
- Graphics, Molded-In Gelcoat
- Midship Cleats
- SS Tubular Platform Perimeter Rail
- Ski Pylon - Stainless Steel
- Sky Light (Head Compartment)
- Stainless Steel Engine Vents
- Stainless Top Trim Windshield
Structure and Safety
- 10/5/3 Year Warranty Protection
- Composite Floor
- Composite Transom
- Fiberglass Cockpit Liner
- Fiberglass Stringer System
- Fire Extinguisher, Manual
- Kevlar Reinforced Hull
- Through Prop Exhaust
- 2020 Chris-Craft Launch 35 GTRequest a PriceLake George, NYBoats By George Inc.
- 2020 Chris-Craft Launch 25 GTRequest a PriceLake George, NYBoats By George Inc.
- 2020 Cobalt 246$24,900Lake George, NYBoats By George Inc.
- 2020 Barletta C22UCRequest a PriceLake George, NYBoats By George Inc.