Palm Beach, FL
Delivered in 2013 by the renowned yacht builder Feadship, SEA OWL is a testament to the exemplary capabilities of her visionary owner, builder and the exceptional design work of Winch Designs, which is responsible for the yacht’s interior and exterior styling.
Seven whimsical staterooms welcome up to 14 guests and feature a variety of themes from Alice in Wonderland, pirate tales and old-world maps. The superyacht's master stateroom on the main deck is a massive space that takes advantage of the full 40-foot beam (12m), including a large office with an 18th-century French desk. SEA OWL's other six guest staterooms are on the lower deck, two of which are ideally suited for children or grandchildren and can be joined together as one large bunk room. Three VIP suites all feature unique themes to encourage guests to enjoy the fantasy. There is an additional nanny/staff cabin.
This Feadship has been built and maintained to the highest possible standards in every corner, from guest areas to crew quarters to the engine room. With trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific capability, SEA OWL is ready to cruise anywhere in the world. Ensuring this capability yacht has been built to the stringent Lloyds classification requirements and reinforced to handle light ice operation. The yacht's dynamic positioning system allows her to virtually anchor when necessary, and special attention was paid to making her quiet, seaworthy, and secure. Behind the scenes, SEA OWL is outfitted with an all-encompassing state-of-the-art surveillance and security system that ensures safety and privacy in any part of the world.
Speed & Distance
Delivered in 2013 by renowned yacht builder Feadship, Sea Owl is a testament to the exemplary capabilities of her visionary owners, her meticulous builder and her famed designer. Winch Designs is responsible for the exceptional design of both the interior and exterior of the yacht.
Inspired by literature, Sea Owl oﬀers a myriad of unique details that set her apart from all other yachts. Her bookshelves are lined with prose that comes to life as you move through the yacht; handcrafted details accentuate her walls, while replicas of maps adorn ceilings.
The incredible Tree of Life, which wraps around the central staircase from top to bottom, is a custom, hand carved Brazilian Mahogany masterpiece with never-ending details to delight the eyes. This creative interior decor even extends to the custom painted tromp l’oeil elevator accessing every deck of the yacht. Each room is a distinct treat, which combines to represent one of the most highly customized and expensive Feadships ever built in the size range.
This Feadship’s spacious, full-beam main salon is both inviting and elegant, decorated in light, neutral colors and complete with a warm and welcoming ﬁreplace. With fully opening glass doors aft, and enormous windows on both sides, natural light ﬂoods the space allowing guests to sit back, relax and take in the passing landscapes.
Sea Owl’s impressive dining area features a large custom pietre dure table under a stunning Dale Chihuly Venetian glass chandelier with a beautiful, hand-painted mural backdrop.
Seven state rooms welcome up to 14 guests and feature a variety of themes from masquerade balls to pirate tales. The superyacht’s master stateroom, on the main deck is a massive space that takes advantage of the full 40-foot beam (12m), including a large oﬃce with an custom replica of an 18th century French desk. Sea Owl’s other six guest staterooms are on the lower deck, two of which are ideally suited for children or grandchildren and can be joined together as one large bunk room. Three VIP suites all feature unique themes to encourage guests to enjoy the fantasy. There is also an additional cabin ideally suited for nannies, extra staﬀ, family or friends.
The superyacht’s bridge deck is a warm, welcoming family hub, with a full-beam sky-lounge/movie theater, a large gym with adjoining massage room, and a classroom for learning at sea. Both the classroom and the gym have fold-out balconies. The classroom is also equipped with a hidden Murphy bed.
From tranquil, alfresco dining, to sunbathing and swimming, or barbecuing with the game on one of the pop-up televisions, the Sea Owl’s incredible deck spaces were perfectly planned for enjoying life on the water.
Two custom Hodgdon tenders, 28-foot (8.6m) and 27-foot (8.4m), are discreetly hidden in the forward garage bays and launched through two gull-wing doors. On the foredeck, is a smaller 17-foot (5.2m) RIB.
Yacht toys can be accessed via the fold-down swim platform and lazarette area that provides excellent water access and can also be setup as a waterside beach club.
This Feadship has been built and maintained to the highest possible standards in every corner, from guest areas to crew quarters to the engine room. With trans-Atlantic and trans-Paciﬁc capability, Sea Owl is ready to cruise anywhere in the world. Ensuring this capability, the yacht has been built to the stringent Lloyds classiﬁcation requirements and reinforced to handle light ice operation. The yacht’s dynamic positioning system allows her to virtually anchor when necessary, and special attention was paid to making her quiet, seaworthy, and secure.
Behind the scenes, Sea Owl is outﬁtted with an unparalleled, all-encompassing, state-of-the-art surveillance and security system that ensures safety and privacy in any part of the world.
Sea Owl has incredible spaces throughout the yacht to delight all the senses; from the baby grand Steinway, to the kaleidescape system, to the aft-folding swim platform, to the enhanced safety, security and protective features. This yacht is impressive yet incredibly welcoming, beautifully detailed yet extremely secure, unique yet timeless. Sea Owl is a wonder to behold and will be a cherished prize for her new owner.
1.Feadship quality and Andrew Winch Designs pedigree
2.Lloyds Classification and MCA compliant
3.Elevator to all decks
4.State of the art security and safety
5.Meticulously maintained and updated by original owner and captain
6.Trans-Atlantic and Trans-Pacific range
7.Excellent seakeeping ability with added ice-band reinforcement at waterline.
8.40-foot beam provides exceptional volume (1,494 Gross Tons)
9.Capable of carrying two 8.6-meter tenders in forward garage plus toys in aft garage.
10.Guest gym, guest massage room, children’s classroom, and balconies are just a few features.
11.Complete paint job completed in 2018 at Rybovich.
- LOA: 203' (62.0m)
- Year Built: 2013
- Beam: 40'(12.2m)
- Draft: 12'2"(3.7m)
- Cruise Speed: 15kts
- Max Speed: 16kts
- Range @ 12kts: 5,000nm
- Range @ 11kts: 6,000nm
- Gross Tonnage: 1,494
- Max Displacement: 1,286
- Builder: Feadship, Royal Van Lent, Hull 807
- Naval Architect: De Voogt Naval Architects
- Exterior/interior Designer: Winch Design
- Construction: Steel hull (Grade A) reinforced for light ice conditions, Aluminium superstructure; teak laid decks
- Classification: Lloyds register 100A1, Yacht(P), G6, LMC, UMS, EP and MCA LY2 compliance
- Flag: Bahamas
- Type: Full displacement, twin screw diesel motor yacht
- Fuel – 147,730 liters (39,025 gallons)
- Additional fuel tankage for Emergency Gen (305 gallons), Header tank (290 gallons), and Overflow tank (2,135 gallons)
- Clean Lube Oil – 6,340 liters (1,675 gallons)
- Dirty Lube Oil – 6,530 liters (1,725 gallons)
- Hydraulic Oil – 380 liters (100 gallons)
- Oily Bilge tank – 3,630 liters (960 gallons)
- Black Water & Gray Water – 42,720 liters (11,285 gallons)
- Black holding tank – 13,030 liters (3,445 gallons)
- Fresh Water – 38,380 liters (10,140 gallons)
Noise & Vibration Prevention
- Main engines and gens are elastically mounted on engine foundations and ship’s structure
- Generators are placed in a separate soundproof room within the engine room
- High-quality resilient mountings used for pumps, compressors, motors, etc
- Large silencers used on exhaust systems with flexible connections
- All piping provided with flexible connection/expansion joints
- Skew-back propellers with proper clearance from the hull
- 2” Glasswool/Rockwool insulation behind ceilings, under the main deck, and inside the hull.
- Use of sandwich damping plates & Glaswool/Rockwool to further insulate the engine room.
- Feadship’s high noise and vibration standards and extensive experience in coordination with noise and vibration experts.
DECK and HULL EQUIPMENT
- Hull Paint: Awlgrip – Jade Mist Green
- Superstructure Paint: Awlgrip – Oyster White
- Anchors: 2 x 765kg “POOL” High Holding Power fitted into stainless steel pockets.
- Chain: 7 shots (630 feet), Grade U2 Galvanized, built-in anchor wash system.
- Windlass: Muir
- Elevator in center of the vessel extends to all guest decks
- Hydraulic passerelle extends
- The hydraulic boarding ladder is installed on the starboard side and manual Sea Stair is stored on the port side.
- Electric hydraulic MOB crane on the bow that doubles as the foremast (1500kg capacity)
- Electric hydraulic MOB crane on sun deck for stowing tender during ocean voyages (850kg capacity).
- Garage gantry cranes have 3000kg capacity for large tenders.
- Lazarette sliding davit for launching jet skis and toys (625kg capacity)
- Main Engines: 2 x MTU 16V4000 (2040 BHP each)
- 6,550 hours on mains (March 2020)
- Gearboxes: ZF, 4:1 reduction ratio
- Propellers: 2 x five-bladed polished cuneal finished to S-Class. Approx. 1900mm diameter
- Shafts: C45-N special steel, approximately 180mm diameter, encased in oil bath stern tubes
- Fuel/Water Separator: Alfa Laval
- Bilge Water Separator: 250 liters/hour
- Watermaker: 2 Reverse Osmosis – HEM type 40 (51,000 liters per day total combined)
- Water treatment: SST pre-filter, active carbon filter, silver ion sterilizer, flow counters. Water softener (HEM K60) installed inshore water connection. Three stainless steel pressure pumps are installed. Two electric boilers (500 liters/24kW) are used for hot water and installed in a continuously circulated loop.
- Stabilizers: Quantum Arc 3001 MK2 zero speed
- Bow Thruster: Jastram (200kW) electric motor, variable speed
- Stern Thruster: Veth retractable (150kW). Note: Yacht thruster is equipped with heading control when the yacht is at anchor in winds up to 25 knots.
- Black/Gray Treatment: HMSA system to treat ALL black and gray water - zero discharge standard and in compliance with Title XIV – Certain Alaska Cruise Ship Operations.
- Air Conditioning – Heinen and Hopman marine air-conditioning and heating plant (4 compressors) installed with central, ducted air throughout the vessel. Make-up air system will be integrated for properly cooling/heating/dehumidifying fresh air into the vessel.
- Compressed Air – x2 Kaiser compressors used for air whistle and service air
- Three (3) phase, 4-wire system – 230/400 V 50Hz
- Generators: 3 x MTU 8V 2000M50A (385kVA each) – 1500 RPM, built-in sound room generator room within the engine room.
- 11,200 hours as of March 2020
- Emergency Generator (85kVA) with dedicated fuel tank
- Shore Power: 300kVA, including Shore Power Converter Marpower spc-11 Hybrid installed in aft peak.
- Automatic synchronizing and load sharing between generators. Seamless transfer between generators and shore power
- Installed an active Harmonics filter - 400 V 120A
SAFETY AND SECURITY EQUIPMENT
Security and privacy were priorities in the design and build of the Feadship SEA OWL.
The superyacht features an extensive security system that includes but is not limited to security cameras with a 360-degree view at the waterline and fingerprint-recognition keypads. SEA OWL also has limited access points to what is necessary.
Hi-Fog mist fire extinguishing system installed in vessel along with a Hi-Fog foam system for bilges, an assortment of portable extinguishers, 4 freshwater firehose stations, and crew firefighting equipment (SCBA’s).
Dekasis alarm/monitoring system installed for bilges, tanks, sewage, generators, main engines and main switchboard with approximately 500 alarm points monitored at all times.
Tyco addressable fire and smoke alarm system with detectors in each stateroom, cabin, and general area. Smoke detectors installed in the engine room. Eltek fire and safety panel.
EPIRB and SART units installed
- Enterprise-grade WiFi coverage blanketed throughout vessel, recently upgraded to latest wireless standard
- Best-in-class VoIP phone system throughout vessel, recently upgrade
- 10 Gigabit Network Backbone for future-proofed performance
- Seatel V-SAT 6009 KU installed for high speed internet and VOIP telephones
- Sailor Inmarsat FB500 installed for internet, SMS, and voice
- Thrane & Thrane Inmarsat-C-GMDSS (TT3026D) for emergency communications
- 3 x Sailor VHF 6210 radiotelephone (Bridge, crew, and Lazarette)
- 2 x Sailor VHF DSC (Bridge)
- 2 x Sailor MFHF 6301
- Inventory of VHF and UHF crew radios
- Autopilot: Navis AP 4000
- Depth Finder: JRC - 380
- 2 x DGPS: SAAB R4 DGPS
- Chartplotter: Nobeltech TimeZero, and Transas Navisailor 4000
- Autopilot & Gyro Compass: Alphatron – Alphasea pilot & Alpha minicourse compass
- Mag Compass: Kelvin Hughes Observer MK4
- Radar X Band: JRC Type JMA 5332-7BB
- Radar S Band: JRC Type JMA 5332- 12BB
- Navtex: JRC - NCR-333
- LRIT: T&T Sailor - TT - 6120
- DP System: Konsberg YachtPos
- Bell: 300mm
- Whistle: Kahlenberg T-5
- Searchlights – ARC (230 Volt)
- Far Sounder FS 3DT
- Located on main deck portside is a large galley with a prep area, cooking area, and storage
- Conveniently located between the main deck service pantry and primary crew entrance.
- Induction range with 6 heating zones, one griddle, one deep fat fryer
- Oven – MKN
- Combi-steamer – MKN
- Salamander – MKN
- Microwave – Miele
- Freezer – Electrolux
- Refrigerator – Electrolux
- Disposal – ISE
- Dishwasher – Miele
Various Service Appliances
Pantry - Main Deck and Bridge Deck
- Under-counter refrigerator – Miele
- Ice-maker – Hoshizaki
- Espresso Machine – Cimbali Bistro
- Dishwasher – Miele
- Coffeemaker – Nespresso CS 220 Gemini
Buffets – Bridge Deck and Sundeck
- Under-counter Refrigerator – Miele
- Ice machine - Hoshizaki
- 2 x Nespresso CS 220 Gemini
- Formal dining in Main Salon has a round table with seating for 10-12 guests. This area features a beautiful custom stone table and overhead custom Chihuly glass chandelier surrounded by backlit glass panels.
- Formal dining on Sun Deck aft is expandable to accommodate 14 guest. This area can be opened for alfresco dining or closed for air conditioning and features beautiful view aft, a skylight with fan, and beautiful custom stone table.
- Informal dining on Bridge Deck aft has alfresco dining for 8-10 guests
- Service Inventory is stored and protected in custom storage cabinets.
- Equipped with a ROM360 Machine
- Sitting cross trainer
- Central rack system in air-conditioned space
- Creston System with recently upgraded CP3 controllers in all areas.
- Updated NAD C368 Amplifiers
- T&A Amplifiers in all guest areas.
- All AV equipment controlled through iPad touchscreens with easy to use Creston interface.
- New full 4K Sony VPL - VW995SE projector.
- JVC projector on sun deck forward.
SAT TV System:
- 16 x USA Direct TV decoders when in USA
- 16 x Latin American decorders for Caribbean
- 16 x Sky decoders when operation in Europe and UK
- Kaleidescape movie server
- Equipped with Plexus TV operated by Omni access. Enabling Direct TV streaming from anywhere in the world.
- 3 HP desktops for HOD and captain use (Windows 10)
- Laptops for HOD’s
- Epson printer/scanner
- HP LaserJet printer/scanner
- Captains quarters on bridge deck behind the wheelhouse and across the hall from the ship’s office. Queen sized bed with drawers underneath, wardrobe, safe, TV cabinet, gun locker, and desk.
- 8 double cabins in the bow each with ensuite bath, 2 hanging lockers, and drawer storage.
- 1 engineers cabin located aft of the engine room.
- Large crew mess with seating for 18 around 2 tables with large U-shaped settee and loose chairs. Service appliances, entertainment electronics, alarm monitoring, camera monitors, and storage are provided.
- Large shell door (opens outward) for direct access to crew area and food storage when reprovisioning or removing garbage.
- Microwave – Miele
- Refrigerator – Electrolux
- Trash Compactor – ISE
- Ice machine – Hoshizaki
- Disposal – ISE
- Coffeemaker – Nespresso CS 220 pro
- Dishwasher – Miele
- Three (3) over/under Miele Professional sets of washers and dryers (5kg capacity)
- Two (2) side by side Miele Professional industrial sets of washers and dryers (10kg capacity)
- Large rolling iron - Miele
- Extensive counter with s/s sink and plenty of storage space for folding, supplies, and hanging.
- Large walk-in refrigerator
- Large walk-in freezer
- Refrigerated garbage storage
- Two large pantries for dry storage, wine cellar, and bonded storage
- Dumb waiter service to crew area and galley area
GARAGE & TENDERS
The custom Hodgdon 8.6-meter and 8.4-meter tenders, named Hatchling and Fledgling, are discreetly hidden in the forward garage bays and launched through two gull-wing doors. Once launched the tenders can access the other yacht toys via the fold-down swim platform and lazarette area that can be set up as a waterside beach club. There is an additional 5.2m MOB RIB tender stored on the foredeck (jet-drive)
- 8.6-meter Hodgdon limousine tender
- 8.4-meter Hodgdon center console sport tender
- 5.2-meter RIB
- Gullwing doors lift on port and starboard side, 3000kg gantry cranes easily launch tenders.
LAZARETTE / BEACH CLUB / SWIM PLATFORM
- Large transom door swings out and down to provide a massive swim platform with access to the lazarette and beach club area.
- Day head with shower
- Teak decking and space for relaxing near the water
- Storage for water toys (possible to arrange stowage for up to 4 jetskis)
- Removable stainless steel railings, mooring whips, and removable fenders for tender operation.
- Access to technical areas holding the hi-fog system, hydraulic passarel, dive compressor, etc.
- Diesel refueling capability for tenders
- Note: small rotating swim stair originally built into swim platform has been removed.
- Exclusions list will be provided upon request.
- Security system details will be provided upon request.
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumption and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker has been told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot and does not guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- 2018 Zeelander Z55$2,550,000Palm Beach, FLNorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC
- 2003 Christensen Custom$16,495,000Fort Lauderdale, FLNorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC
- 2023 RMK Marine RMK 5000 EVO Explorer$29,191,789West, TRNorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC
- 2009 Hargrave 90' Skylounge$2,850,000Brunswick, GANorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC