Portland, MESell a boat like this
VEDA is an exceptional boat. She offers unmatched versatility in her ability to entertain large groups, provide a couples escape for cruising, or load her up with water toys and go entertain the kids for the day. This is all accomplished while maintaining incredible fuel economy and performance. VEDA is a particularly special offering since she gets a healthy 80 hours/year on her engines, a very sharp medium grey hull color, and fastidious owner who have updated equipment and kept her in excellent condition.
Speed & Distance
- Lounge Layout with dinette seating that converts into a berth.
- Deluxe cherry planked hull siding, forward bulkhead with bookshelves, storage shelves with cold-molded fiddles above berths
- Gloss varnished teak & holly cabin sole.
- OceanAir dual privacy pull shades & screens for all ports and hatches.
- Corian counter-tops.
- Hanging locker with outboard storage shelf plus clothing hooks (3) and an optional TV mounted on locker door
- Teak companionway steps with storage underneath
- Polished SS sink with removable Corian cover
- Drawers (3) for flatware w/Rubbermaid organizer, utensils & rolled goods
- Dual (top-loading and drawer) 5.5 cu ft, 12V Seafrost ice box and freezer
- General Ecology Seagull Water Purifier.
- Princess Single Burner Ceramic Cooktop
- 5-Way Microwave Oven
- Flip panel access to large Rubbermaid trash bin, reachable from cockpit
- Medium Grey Awlcraft 2000 hull paint with gold cove stripe and white boot stripe (Painted in 2016)
- Downeast model
- Exceptionally strong composite of wet prepreg E-glass, KEVLAR and epoxywith a 60:40 ratio (glass to resin). vacuum-bagged to 2116 lbs per square foot and oven post-cured at 145F.
- High tech water-resistant structural foam throughout, Corecell in hull and 1” AIREX C70 in deck with Penske Core and G10 hardware reinforced areas.
- Solid unidirectional E-glass/epoxy GRP centerline keel/backbone with structural grid and anti-collision stem to minimize damage from grounding.
- Certified by IMCI as CE Mark (ISO) Offshore Category B vessel, the highest classification for a boat under 40 feet.
- Micron Extra Anti-Fouling Bottom Paint
- Exceptionally strong and rigid, FRP molded windshield frame.
- Cook “Armor Flex” gelcoat deck w/sand-textured buff non-skid
- Single level deck from wheel to transom seat avoids trip hazards.
- Deck hatches are fitted with scuppers to drain overboard, gasketed to prevent water from going into the bilge and with lockdowns.
- Teak decking in pilothouse and cockpit (Cabin sole teak decking added 2015)
- Swim platform with Armstrong custom ladder and Scandvik h/c shower,
- Cockpit Cover
- Fully-opening windshields with safety glass and electric wiper/washers.
- Access Hull Doors to cockpit (Port & Starboard).
- Stidd 500N Low-Back Admiral Recliner Piloting Seats on adjustable pedestal that lowers to allow chairs to swivel 360 degrees for living room setting. (Re-covered 2019)
- Ultra leather upholstery in pilothouse and cockpit (Re-covered 2019)
- Removable, varnished teak single-leaf tables with three mounting locations (Dinette down below, Pilothouse, cockpit).
- Stainless 1-1/4” bow rail with spotlight and 16” teak burgee staff.
- Muir windlass with self-launching Lewmar claw anchor w/250’ rode/Chain and high-pressure fresh-water, chain/rode washer operable from helm.
- Deck drains to gray water system and out transom…avoid hull stain.
- Heavily reinforced custom bow chucks and deck cleats.
- 17 SS safety grab rails. Over cabin trunk & hardtop (4) and under (3), on windshield frame outside (4) and inside (2), at companionway & console (4).
- Cavernous 20”W x72”L x40”H pilothouse settee lockers w/mesh storage bags for mountain bikes, hard luggage or golf clubs.
- 11 hatches & opening ports with Ocean Air combo shades/screens...more fresh air and light than any 36 footer we know of.
- Drink holders (6)
- x5 American flag with teak staff and retainer pin.
- Varnished teak-rimmed Edson 24" destroyer wheel.
- Volvo Penta electronic steering control w/joystick docking.
- Bow Thruster
- GPS/Plotter: Raymarine hybrid touch E165 (NEW 2016)
- Autopilot: Raymarine with rotary dial (NEW 2016)
- Repeater screen: Raymarine (NEW 2016)
- Lenco electric trim-tabs with console control.
- 360 degree panoramic sightlines.
- Dual piloting layout with console havng gray anti-glare top surface
- Ritchie SS-2000 4.5” flush-mount, high-performance, Supersport compass
- 25x17 Nav Station for Chartkit or laptop with 4" deep Nav drawer.
- Hinged companionway cover with fiddle doubles as chart surface underway.
- AFI Stainless Dual Trumpet Electric Horn
- Raymarine 24” 4 KW high definition, color radar
- Raymarine 218VHF with RAM at helm and companion seat (companion side added 2016)
- Twin Volvo Penta 220 hp D3 in-line 5 cylinder common-rail diesels (685 hours) with electronic EVC display
- Volvo-Penta’s OceanX stern drives with 4 year corrosion warranty and counter-rotating dual F Series Stainless Steel props with uderwater exhaust
- Volvo-Penta Joystick Control (Functions like IPS)
- Raw water intakes added in 2016
- Supplementary Side-Power S80S Bow Thruster with 2nd joystick for optimal control when docking in cross wind or tidal situaitons
- 500 Series Racor fuel filters (2)
- 200 gallons diesel fuel capacity in aluminum 100 gallon fuel tanks (2)
- Seafire automatic fire suppressant system in engine compartment.
- Bonded electrical system and underwater fittings w/galvanic isolator.
- 110Volt AC Shorepower w/MasterVolt Inverter/Charger, 2-50' 30 Amp Cords
- 98-gallon water tank
- 10 gallon water heater tank
- Automatic electric bilge pumps (2) and manual emergency pump (1)
- Vacuflush head, 18 gal holding tank w/ overboard macerator discharge.
- Gray water sump for shower, icebox and AC condensate.
- Northern Lights 5KW M673D 1800 rpm, 3 Cyl Genset (with 175 hours) in sound shield
- MarineAir 16000 BTU Air Conditioning with Reverse Cycle Heat
- Clarion Stereo System, Amplifier, MP3/IPod Jack, 2 Bose Cubes in Saloon and 2 Clarion Deck Speakers
- 26" Samsung LED Flatscreen HDTV w/cable TV dock hook-up & cable.
- Hella Turbo Fans (2) on Forward Bulkhead
- 1995 Alden 45 Aft Cockpit$269,000Cushing, MEEast Coast Yacht Sales - Mystic, CT
- 2012 MJM Yachts 36z Downeast$565,000Portland, MEEast Coast Yacht Sales - Mystic, CT
- 1967 Bristol 39$99,000Stonington, CTEast Coast Yacht Sales - Mystic, CT
- 2015 MJM Yachts 40z$1,085,000Stonington, CTEast Coast Yacht Sales - Mystic, CT