With classic touches and impressive innovative features, RAINBOW is a sailing yacht, unlike any other. The yacht is a replica of the classic J Class RAINBOW that won the 1934 America’s Cup. She was built in 2012 by Holland Jachtbouw with naval architecture by Dykstra Naval Architects.
Speed & Distance
With classic touches and impressive innovative features, RAINBOW is a sailing yacht, unlike any other. The yacht is a replica of the classic J Class RAINBOW that won the 1934 America’s Cup. She was built in 2012 by Holland Jachtbouw with naval architecture by Dykstra Naval Architects. In 2013 she won the Naval Architecture Award for sailing yachts at the 2013 Showboats Design Awards and Best Sailing Yacht for 40m+ at the 2013 World Superyacht Awards. RAINBOW was also a finalist at the 2013 Showboats Design Awards for Interior and Exterior Design for sailing yachts.
RAINBOW is the first J Class sailing yacht to feature an innovative hybrid propulsion and power system that reduces her carbon footprint. The Hy-Store Li-ion batteries aboard are able to be charged while sailing and guests can enjoy many hours of quiet ship. Thanks to her electric systems and floating interior, RAINBOW is exceptionally quiet.
RAINBOW offers the ideal platform for J Class and other Corinthian racing as well as leisurely cruising. In addition, she is Lloyds classed and MCA compliant for charter. Her aluminum hull, carbon rig and EC6 rigging, plus her weight to sail area ratio have proven her one of the fastest in the J Class fleet. At the same time, her traditional 1930s style interior delivers all the comforts and amenities for upscale living. Her interior was designed by Dykstra Design in collaboration with deVosdeVries Interior Design.
RAINBOW offers accommodations for eight guests in three staterooms, a master suite with a queen-size bed and two twin-bed staterooms with Pullmans. Additionally, the yacht has accommodations for up to eight crew members.
- Exquisite classic lines
- Dutch pedigree: Dykstra/Holland Jachtbouw
- Dykstra Design and deVosdeVries interior of the 30s era, in-keeping with style of yacht
- Unique hybrid propulsion and power system; reduces carbon footprint and noise
- Built for racing and cruising
- Built to Lloyds Class and MCA compliant to charter
- 6-8 Owner/guests in 3 staterooms; 7-8 crew in 3 cabins
- Excellent condition; ready for immediate use.
- Sailing experience at its best
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumption and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker has been told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot and does not guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- 2012 Cheoy Lee Custom Marco Polo Displacement$14,950,000North Cat Cay, BSNorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC
- 2013 Cantieri di Pisa Motor Yacht$17,900,000Fort Lauderdale, FLNorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC
- 1986 Heesen Motor Yacht$5,900,000Nassau, BSNorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC
- 2003 Christensen Custom$16,495,000Fort Lauderdale, FLNorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC