Colchester, VTSell a boat like this
Two owner Yamaha jetboat. Includes trailer and covers.
Snap in carpet
Cockpit and Bow Cover
Standing tall and proud, the forward-swept tower of Yamaha's 242 Limited S looms above its refined, spacious interior, while bow docking lights accent the distinguished exterior. Pairing an open layout that feels exponentially larger that 24 feet with the explosive power of Twin 1.8 liter High Output Yamaha Marine engines, the 242 Limited S stakes its rightful claim atop the luxury category.
- Forward-swept Aluminum Tower with Flush Mounted Lights and Flush Mounted Marine Tweeter Speakers.
- New Bow Seating Configurations: Endless options for maximum comfort and versatility including all new rumble seat design.
- Multiple Storage Compartments: Ten storage compartments include an enclosed head compartment (boat is not equipped with portable toilet), anchor storage compartment, storage under each seat and carpeted compartments under the starboard console. The 242 Limited S is also equipped with a full-size ski locker that accommodates skis or wakeboards. Stern storage is perfect for wet items, like ropes and wetsuits.
- Innovative Swim Platform: This award-winning stern with Hydro-Turf mats and upholstered bottom and backrest cushions can be transformed into a private patio on the water. New for 2010, the swim platform sits just inches above the water line, making it easier than ever to get in and out of the water.
- GPS-based information control center: Digital displays can provide latitude, longitude, compass heading, elevation, water depth, water temperature, trip odometer, clock, engine hours, engine speed, vessel voltage, vessel speed, highest speed, fuel level, fuel used and they are the first in the industry to provide real time (gallons per hour and miles per gallon) fuel flow data.
- 3 Position No Wake Mode: Three different RPM settings allowing the driver to easily increase or decrease their no wake speed to find the optimum setting.
- Cruise Assist: When engaged, Cruise Assist will hold the engines at a specific RPM for effortless cruising or towing and can be increased eight positions up and eight positions down at pre-set increments.
- Aquatic A/V Premium Stereo With Direct iPod Connectivity: When the iPod is plugged into the stereo, it will charge automatically and can be controlled entirely through the stereo controls, as well as the remote control on the swim platform. In addition, the new premium stereo comes with a separate waterproof and floatable handheld remote that can control the entire system from up to 50 feet away. The 242 Series also features a total of eight waterproof speakers including two on the swim platform and two in the tower.
- Stainless Steel Details: Includes rubrails, cupholders, grab handles and pull-up cleats.
- Built-In Removable Cooler: Help keep beverages chilled and sandwiches fresh.
- Dinette Table: With all new side mounts at cockpit and stern.
- Center Walk-Thru Transom: Easy access to the stern patio area and swim platform from the cockpit.
- Bow Ladder.
- Extra Long Telescoping Reboarding Ladder: For easy boarding while in the water.
- Freshwater Shower: A freshwater shower built into the swim platform is an added luxury for rinsing off after a quick swim.
- Custom Adjustable Tilt Steering Wheel: Allows the operator to adjust the angle of the steering wheel for added comfort.
- Independent, Dual Engine Controls: Adjusts each throttle position and control forward, neutral and reverse.
- Ample Seating for 11: Seating with a convertible lounger provides excellent comfort and versatility.
- Soft Marine Grade Upholstery: With added bolstering for extra comfort.
- Marine Grade Berber Carpet Kit: High-grade, removable carpet throughout the cockpit adds to the 242 Limited S comfort and luxurious look.
- Flip-Up Captains Seat: The fully upholstered, flip-up captain seat provides elevated view when flipped up.
- 15 Stainless Steel Integrated Drink Holders: Located at all seat locations and above head compartment for easy access for everyone on board.
- Bimini Top: Premium Stainless Steel construction with Sunbrella material for better durability.
- MP3 Player Input.
- High-quality Trailer: Every 242 Limited S comes complete with a custom matching painted trailer with swing-away tongue for easy storage, spare tire and built-in retractable tie-down straps.
- The 242 Limited S is powered by twin 1.8L Yamaha High Output engines. These 1812cc four cylinder, four-stroke Yamaha marine engines deliver excellent power in a compact package.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Electronically adjustable throttle bodies, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- SAWS (Scavenger Assist Wet Sump): Equipped with a high-performance, compact gas-liquid separator, this engine uses Yamaha's unique ultra compact lubrication system and the oil pan structure.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping and engine diagnostics.
- Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The 242 Limited S twin 155mm hyper-flow, high-pressure jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller: Designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The twin pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of aluminum, zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook-up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Jet Pump Clean-out Plugs with Push Button Lock Mechanism: Allows for direct access to the inlet duct cavity to easily clear any debris from the pumps from inside the boat.
The Hull and Deck
- The 242 Limited S utilizes a deep-V, multi-chine hull with 20-degree dead rise. The hull and deck are constructed of multiple layers of fiberglass with sandwich core construction reinforcements.
- The fiberglass liner: Separately constructed, it represents a revolution in boat design, combining the floor, stringer, and engine mounting system. It is constructed from a custom blended polyester resin with engineered fiberglass laminates and 3/8" 6061-T6 aluminum plate for the engine mounts. The liner is bonded into the hull with polyurethane adhesive and then injected with foam to provide maximum floatation as well as longitudinal and lateral structural rigidity. The deck is then fastened to the hull with both mechanical fasteners and polyurethane adhesive giving this revolutionary semi-monocoque fiberglass structure unsurpassed strength and rigidity.