60' Selene 2010 NEW TO THE MARKET
From the Owners of GYPSY MAGIC - "We commissioned the build of Gypsy Magic with the newer 60 mold (previous was 59) and had the opportunity to upgrade her substantially during the build not only using different designs and finishes, but also choosing the best in equipment and machinery.
We intended to spend a lot of time on her and she has proven to be very accommodating for us both and our guest.
Gypsy Magic has exceeded our expectations in her motion and behavior in a seaway, she is comfortable and well mannered. The ability to handle her with just the two of us either while cruising or when docking (regardless of weather conditions) makes her an ideal yacht for a couple.
We have sailed her extensively throughout the East coast and the Caribbean. Gypsy Magic has been carefully maintained and all of the new yacht issues have been dealt with so she is ready for her next cruising adventure."
- COOK 957 DH Oyster white gelcoat Deck, superstructure
- AWLGRIP G5002 Flag blue paint hulls (Hull re-painted 2017)
- Gelcoat molded non-skid light gray
- Teak deck: swim platform cockpit and side decks.
- Vinyl ester resin for first 5 layers of lamination
- Bi-axis-uni-direction stitched/roving mat
- Divyncell core sandwich structure for hull sides above water line, deck and superstructure.
- Longitudinal stringers and transverse frame system
- 3 watertight bulkheads (chain locker, E/R lazarette)
- Hull and deck joint sealed 3M 5200, bolted and laminated with mat and woven roving
- Integral swim platform with extended hull underneath.
- Recessed bow thruster tunnel
- Integral FRP stern thruster casing
- Integral full protected keel and rudder shoe
- Hand laid double skin hull bottom
- Single JOHN DEER 6125 AFM 75, 341 HP @ 1800 RPM. M1 rating
- JMP seawater pump replaced original JD SHERWOOD pump. JMP a more solid built pump, better seal and sturdier roller bearings, but using same Sherwood impeller
- SHERWOOD pump was rebuilt and on board as spare.
- Engine hours: 1507
- ZF 360 R.2.91 SAE1 V 40152 transmission
- ZF Electronic engine control system at pilothouse and flybridge
- Dripless lifetime shaft system by Amertech (Holland)
- Aqua# 22 propeller shaft 3” (76.2 mm)
- Nibral 3” left rotation 43 X 29.5, 4 blade propeller, removed and serviced 10/24/2014
- AMERTECH (Holland) main shaft line cutter
- 24volt JABSCO 4 in engine room blowers behind engine room.
- DELTA T air control custom system with auto sensors at 90F for low and 100F for high power
- FRP drip pan under engine
- FIREBOY auto fire extinguisher MA2-950-FM 200 with auto shutoff of engine and generators. Manual control override in Pilothouse and saloon.
- Main engine fuel filter Dual RACOR 75/1000 MAX
- Generator Fuel filter dual (one set for each generator) RACOR 500MX
- ESI 120volt fuel polishing system with timer and control valves.
- Magnetic sight fuel gauge for each tank
- REVERSO oil change pump for main engine, transmission generator1 and generator 2. On/off valve on main engine and transmission at bottom of drain plug.
- SOUNDOWN E/R insulation system including damping tile, 3” sound insulation foam & aluminum perforated plate.
- (4) Underwater LED Lumitec Seablaze X, 24 volt blue stern light new 2017
Westmar Hydraulic System Specifications
- 30 USG oil reservoir with sight and temperature gage.
- Manifold, oil coolers, oil filter with all working lines hoses 3000 psi rated.
- WESMAR single cylinder actuator with RS 900 (9 square feet) fins. Fins and all seals bearings etc. were replaced new May 2019
- WESMAR Bow & stern counter- rotation stainless steel thrusters 25 HP dual prop with controls at pilothouse & flybridge
- WESMAR APU system (Auxiliary Propulsion unit) Model 300. Helm mounted key lock control operated by hydraulic pump mounted on generator’s PTU 1 (Onan 27.5 KW).
- Hydraulic pump mounted on engine stbd. Side 2000 psi operated the stabilizers, power steering and bow and stern thrusters. Gradual acceleration is achieved on thrusters but can only operate one at the time.
- Secondary Hydraulic pump mounted on Generator’s PTU with auto clutch switch at pilothouse station can operate all systems, bow& stern thruster at immediate full power and both at the same time as well as the APU for an indefinite amount of time with no fear of thruster shut down due to overheating (when electrical)
- Hydraulic dual piston power steering system for pilothouse and flybridge. Both pistons rebuilt in 2018
- Wesmar hydraulic oil and filter flushed and replaced at first 50 hours, filter replaced yearly
Electrical System in Engine Room
- ONAN model MDKBT 27.5 kW. 60 Hz 220-volt, 4-cylinder Kubota diesel, 24-volt DC system with front power PTU and clutch (location of Hydraulic 30 HP pump) Onan digital remote start/stop (at pilothouse) display and generator control.
- Generator hours: 1050
- ONAN model MDKDL 9.0 KW 60 Hz 220volt 3-cylinder Kubota diesel, 24-volt DC system) Onan digital remote start/stop (at pilothouse) display and generator control.
- Generator hours: 1452
- AGM 12-volt 4 D X 2 in series in FRP boxes for generators start
- AGM 12-volt 4 D X 2 in series FRP box for main engine start
- TORRID 30 gallons water heater 220 volt and/or engine heated.
- 24-volt dome engine lights
- Florescent (3 each) 120-volt lights.
- BALMAR 97 EHD series 24 volt 200 AMPS with serpentine pully on main engine. Rebuilt 2018
- BALMAR multistage voltage regulator model MC 624 (new 2018)
- BALMAR Digital dual charger DDC 24
- Engine and generator(s) battery on/off selector switches remote in electrical room
Electrical System Throughout Vessel
- Main electrical panel in P/H, AC 120 and 220-volt, 24 volt and 12 volt breakers, fuses polarity indicator light, voltage and amp meters for all 3 currents.
- MARINCO shore power outlets 250/125 50-amp 60 Hz at Stbd. Stern of swim platform.
- Glendening cable master, 100 ft cord 250/125-amp 60 Hz next to Marinco outlet.
- MARINCO shore power outlets 250/125 50 amp 60 Hz at Stbd. Bow deck ( 2 each)
- MARINCO 50 feet 2 Each, shore power cords. Assorted pedestal connectors.
- LIFELINE AGM battery 8D X 8 each. Connected in series and parallel in two banks of 4 each. 1100-amp hour. New 2019
- Hubbell AC outlets throughout the boat with GFCI in heads, galley, flybridge and cockpit.
- VIMAR 24-volt switches with dimers in salon and P/H.
- Copper bonding strap with ground cable attachment to each fitting.
- ASKO, washer 120 60 Hz in laundry room
- ASKO vented dryers 120 volt in laundry room
- SUB ZERO 700 TC galley refrigerator/freezer 120-volt 60Hz
- SUB ZERO under counter drawer refrigerator at port salon
- SU ZERO wine locker at port salon
- MIELE dishwasher in galley
- BROAN trash compactor in galley
- GE microwave, convection oven above stove with exhaust fan and light
- FORCE 10 Gas 4 burner stove and oven
- RARITAN ice maker 120-volt 60 Hz at port pilothouse
- RARITAN ice maker 120-volt 60 Hz at port flybridge
- CANTALUPI recessed lights throughout boat. Most bulbs have been replaced with LED’s.
- 20 cubic foot freezer box with 2 FRIGOBOAT 24-volt keel-cooled condensing units cold plates including remote control and temperature gauge. Units can lower temperature in box well below -20F.
- PURASAN EX waste treatment sanitation system, 24-volt, fresh water. Certified USCG type I marine device connected to both heads
- 2-way valve for each TECMA marine head with discharge to PURASAN EX or to holding tank.
- SEALAND 24-volt macerator pump with on/off valve in bilge for discharge of holding tank overboard below water line, when permitted.
- 2.5-inch hose deck discharge/pump out hose to port side
- SCAD SOLO holding tank monitor gauge in Master head.
- HEADHUNTER 24-volt macerator pump for gray water discharge. Pump is connected to SEALAND tank watch and automatically discharges content when ¾ + capacity is reached. Overboard towards stbd. Side above water level.
- Gray water tank receives direct discharge from both shower stalls, head sinks, washing machine
- Galley sink has 2-way valve for discharge either direct to gray water tank or direct overboard STBD. Side above water level.
- Holding tank retrofitted from factory with 2 ea. ¾ inch vent hoses, venting above water line to port and STBD.
- ACR 24-volt Spot/search light with remote control in P/H and F/B
- EXALTO 24-volt wipers for 3 front windshields including freshwater wash down, Intermediate and single window operation switch in P/H/
- KAHLENBERG DO-A air power horn 24-volt, control in P/H and F/B
- DANFORTH compass in P/H
- VETUS 12-volt compass in F/B
- AQUA SIGNAL navigation lights 24-V LED bulbs
- 24-volt to 12-volt 50-amp inverter connected to 12-volt electrical panel for all 12-volt systems.
- KVH TV 5 ANTENA, Triamerica circular dual band LNB (allows service for Direct TV USA and LA) connected to 3 DIRECTV receivers (salon, master, and forward cabins).
- SONY 100-amp receiver connected to Salon DIRECTV with access to full line of DTV music channels, transmitting sound throughout vessel’s speaker circuit.
- STEREO speakers with individual volume control in each cabin.
- HRO HORIZON SEAFAR 900-2 GDP water maker. 220-volt, 19 to 75 GPD located in Lazarette with remote electrical control in Pilothouse. New membrane 2017. Unit pickled after each season end use.
- 1500 GPH RULE 24-volt sump pumps with automatic float switch located in:
- Forward cabin
- Main cabin
- Laundry cabin
- Main engine room
- All pumps connected to STATUS PANEL with high pitch alarm at P/H
- GRACO 24-volt automatic water pump and accumulator pressure tank connected to three-way valve allowing water access from either or both water tanks, located in engine room. Spare pump on board for quick replacement.
- Plastic hot/cold water pipe system
- Electric tank Water gauge in P/H. Clear plastic pipe water gauge forward of each tank.
- Water fill points on deck at STBD Portuguese bridge for each tank. Tank can be filled on one fill point as they are connected to overflow and maintain an even level as depleted.
- Water maker source enters aft tank but overflows to forward tank when full.
- All sea cocks inspected 2019, double clamped. All exterior sea strainers removed for better flow in 2019. Strainers on board for replacement if necessary.
- 2 main engine 4 in. sea cock with interior GRACO strainer for main engine, valves in engine room.
- GRACO interior 2.5 in. sea strainers one for each generator, valve below each generator in engine room
- GRACO interior 2.5 in. interior strainer one for each AC water pump and one for water maker. Valves in lazarette
- GARMIN 5215 chart plotter with Blue Chart g2 Vision
- AMBIENT 15 in. monitor connected to cameras view of stern and in engine room
- GARMIN GPS MAP X SV
- GARMIN GMI 10 viewing wind speed and direction indicator
- GARMIN GMI 10 viewing depth and sea temperature
- GARMIN open array 4 KW radar
- GARMIN GT50M thru-hull sonar transducer CLEAR V forward and sides
- GARMIN GNX wind/direction indicator mounted on hard top tower
- GARMIN NEMA 2000 black box system
- GARMIN AIRMAR depth transducer (2 ea.)
- GARMIN GPS 19 X antenna (2ea.)
- GARMIN GXM 53 satellite SirusXM weather antenna
- SIMRAD AP 28 Autopilot
- VDO rudder indicator
- ICOM IC 502 VHF radio
- ICOM HM 127 VHF remote control microphone from ICOM 502 at flybridge
- SEA 322 SSB radio
- ACR remote spotlight controller
- ISLANDTIME WIFI amplifier with external antenna and router
- Maxwell 3500 yacht controller and YACHT CONTROLLER REMOTE single band can remotely operate the following:
- Engine forward and reverse at idle speed
- Hydraulic Stern thruster port/STBD
- Hydraulic Bow thruster port/STBD
- Anchor, up/down
- GARMIN 5215
- SIMRAD AP 28 Autopilot
- VDO rudder indicator
- ICOM IC 502 VHF radio
- ICOM HM 127 VHF remote control microphone from ICOM 502 at pilothouse
- SIMRAD AP 28 control
- ACR spotlight control
- MAXWELL HWC 3500 capstan, 24-volt, power from house bank, control foot switches on deck, electric control at P/H and F/B
- FRP bow pulpit with integrated SS/316 dual self-launching anchor rollers
- SS/316 Sampson post 5”
- 2 each SS/316 hawse hole with cleats
- Fresh water chain wash port.
- ROCNA 55 KG main anchor with 300 feet of ½ in G-40 HT chain
- DELTA 120 lb. secondary anchor with 300 feet ½ in G-40 HT chain
- Separate chain locker for each anchor chain with SS/316 latch on each
Electrical Components in Electrical Room
- MASTERVOLT 4.0 kw inverter connected to operate all 120-volt systems on board except washer and dryer. 220 volt input.
- MASTERVOLT CHARGEMASTER 24/100 house battery bank 1 charger, 100 amp. 220-volt input
- MASTERVOLT CHARGEMASTER 24/100 house battery bank 2 charger, 100 amp, 220 volt input
- MASTERVOLT CHARGEMASTER 24/50 battery engine and generator charger, 50 amp, 220 volt input
- All 3 MASTERVOLT chargers have remote status panels at pilothouse.
- BLUE SEA ML remote battery switches (2 each) for manual control or remote at pilothouse. On setting, allows all house batteries to be connected in parallel including engine and generator.
- Integrated galvanic isolator
- Maximum 500-amp block fuse holders for all main components on vessel (amps fuse will vary per system) all have covers and plexiglass shield.
- Main battery switches for: Engine, Generator 27.5 kw, Generator 9 kw
- Steelhead crane
- Inverter power
- House bank battery selector
- 24-Volt exhaust fan
- Master Switch for Steelhead 1500 Crane
Master Stateroom and Head
- HMC Handcrafted mattress Company, Ft. Lauderdale, custom multi-layer, latex, gel memory foam and foam mattresses in Main cabin and forward cabin (queen) and double bunks in port guest cabin. 7 to 9 in depth.
- Queen size HMC mattress.
- Wardrobe cedar lined closets
- Lift up bed base for full queen size storage space with 2 large drawers at base of bed.
- TV cabinet with 32 in TV and sliding cover door.
- Cantalupi reading and dome lights
- SS # 316 opening ports stbd.
- Side cabinets, nightstand cabinets, drawer bureaus
- Mirror with teak frame
- Stereo speakers with volume control
- 2 floor hatch access to bilge with FRP insert bins for storage.
- TECMA 24-volt freshwater toilet with 2-way valve in bilge for either direct to holding tank or to PURASAN system
Air Conditioning System
- CRUISAIR 230-volt 50Hz, reverse cycle AC split gas system each unit with MDX control panel
- Salon, 24,000 BTU air handler under port built in sofa with MDX control, compressor in lazarette
- Pilothouse, 20,000 BTU air handler in port cabinet with MDX control, compressor in lazarette
Unit 1 and 2 water cooled by 220 volt 50 gmp water pump with GRACO strainer filter in line and discharge to stern STBD side just above water level.
- Master cabin and head, 20,000 BTU, air handler under STBD. Closet, with MDX control. Compressor in lazarette
- Forward guest cabin, 20,000 BTU split 12,000 BTU for guest cabin and head and 8,000 BTU for port guest bunk cabin. Air handler in forward cabin under bed and in bunk cabin in center lower closet. MDX control in forward cabin and manual fan speed control in bunk cabin. Single compressor in lazarette.
- Engine room and Lazarette, 36,000 BTU. Split air handlers with 24,000 BTU in engine room with MDX control and 12,000 BTU for lazarette with manual fan speed control.
Unit 3,4, and 5 water cooled by 220 volt 80 gmp water pump with GRACO strainer filter in line and discharge to stern STBD side just above water level.
Tender and Davit
- 2010, RIGID BOAT ( www.rigidboats.com) FRP model 12 Sport.
- Length: 11’10” Beam 64”, Tube 17”, Weight 330 lbs. (dry) 10 gallons integrated aluminum fuel tank with filter/water separator, 12-volt battery with on/off battery switch, running lights
- Options included: boarding ladder, Wind/screen grab rail, 3-point lift rings, reinforced forward towing point.
- 2010 Tohatsu 4 stroke 30 HP, light used, serviced yearly, changing oil, filter, lower case oi, fuel filter and spark plugs and water pump.
- STEELHEAD MARINE ES SERIES 1500 CRANE
- Crane mounted in port side stern upper deck on platform base with solid FRP reinforced under base extending crane solid footprint by 100%.
- ** Other Selene 60 have the aft cockpit to upper deck stairway in this location. I chose to eliminate stairway and have crane base reinforced in this location. **
- 4 function hydraulic (luffing, boom extension, rotation, winch) 350 degrees power rotation, low profile, ALEXSEAL white coating.
- Capacity: 1500 lbs. (682 kg) Reach: 7-12 feet (2.1 – 3.7 m) Hoist cable: 5/16 Amsteel (new spare cable included)
- 12 feet remote control cable with reach down to swim platform. (New spare unit included)
- Hydraulic electric pump and oil reservoir 24 volt in lazarette with on/off switch in electrical room
- UMT, aluminum powder coated removable tender chokes on deck. L bracket version
- OCEAN AIR screens on hatches in P/H and forward stateroom
- Pilothouse window 12 mm clear tempered glass
- MANSHIP S/S 316 opening portlights
- DIAMOND SEA GLAZE Dutch doors for pilothouse and solid door to C/P
- Transom gates
- Freeing port for fore, side and aft decks
- Portuguese bridge STBD side gate
- Portuguese bridge access gate to fore deck
- S/S window frames with screen inserts and sliding glass
- 1.5 IN S/S handrail along entire Portuguese bridge in leu of teak cap rail.
- 8 Fender hawse 4 at each side deck
- P/H STIDD 500 SERIES, low back Admiral seat ULTRALEATHER upholstery, S/S pedestal, manual operation.
- P/H settee cushions leather
- U-shaped built in sofa with extension pull out and cushion for sleeping, leather covered
- Draperies in forward, guest and master cabin
- BAMBOO blinds in Salon
- Head draperies SUNBRELLA #4604 (white)
- Full set of Settee cushions: Forward deck, Cockpit and Flybridge covered in SUNBRELLA fabric #46 (navy blue) #4604 piping (white)
- Saloon windows 12 mm tea tinted glass.
- TV cabinet I n saloon pop up with 42” Sony TV
- Saloon table removable Hi/LOW teak table with expandable sides.
- Saloon barrel X 2 chairs with ottoman footrest leather
- Interior Contemporary design light teak coated with EPIFANES satin finish
- Cabin soles, solid Teak and holy EPIFANES satin finish
- P/H steering wheel, teak covered high gloss finish
- Navigation light teak board with AQUA SIGNAL navigation lights
- FUSITAL ceramic interior door handle (spare on board)
- BAR, GALLEY. HEAD counters Granite
- 4 ea. Director chairs, teak high gloss finish
- MANSHIP S/S 316 hatches for P/H and forward cabin
- Polyester storm covers exterior inserts for each porthole
- Forward round port holes storm cover S/S screw down
- Full set of s/s screens for all opening port lights
- 3/4 in plexiglass inserts (in place of screens) for all lower cabins port lights for added strength to glass while blue water cruising
- Forward cabin port light round have inside s/s clamp down covers for stronger protection
- 2 ea. clamp down s/s cover for none opening port lights
- FRP solid hard top with radar mast, none skid gelcoat top in white
- Tinted plexiglass windscreen with S/S rail and brackets
- 2 each, built in propane storage locker, ventilate/drain
- Port locker with 20 lb. vertical aluminum propane tank, connected to MAGMA Newport gas grill mounted on S/S plate.
- STBD locker with aluminum 20 lb. vertical propane tanks and 10 lb. horizontal spare tank. Solenoid electric control valve with switch panel next to stove in galley.
- RARITAN 120-volt ice maker
- Sink with/hot/cold water faucet.
- Fresh water deck wash
- Built in ice chest under settee. Can be plumbed for electrical cold plate.
- Multiple storage compartment under settee.
S/S rail full enclosure along perimeter 34” height with two gates (stern and port) to allow clearance for STEELMASTER crane drop.
- Removable dingy deck hatch (latched from under) for potential removal of larger items, from salon or engine room. (furniture, engine, generator etc.)
- Expandable teak table at settee.
- 2 ea. TODD captain’s chairs at helm with covers.
- S/S and glass, sliding door to P/H
- S/S steering wheel
- Flag staff socket
Swim Platform and Cockpit
This is one of the additional design changes from the older 59 model vs. the newer 60
- S/S 316 oval shaped handrails for fore deck/swim platform
- S/S 316 telescope swim ladder
- S/S 316, 2 each staple, removable
- SCANDVIK transom hot/cold shower
- Transom fresh water wash down hose connection
- Foldable cleats on swim platform (2)
- Entrance door to lazarette on transom
- FRP settee with emergency hatch underneath from lazarette
- Fixed mounted settee teak table, high gloss finish with cover
- Set and dome lights LED blue/white switch in salon
NOTE: Review from factory
The Selene 60 is a completely new design from an entirely new mold with the Selene Deep Hull™ structure resulting in a raised sheer and a significantly higher deck which generates increased headroom in the cabins and the engine room. The Selene 60 is a perfect transitional yacht between the successful Selene 53/54 and Selene 62/66 series. She features a full-height engine room, a separate crew’s quarters aft with a transom door. An expansive and functional flybridge layout incorporates a 10-person U-shaped sofa with a built-in BBQ, sink and refrigerator. One of the unique selling points of the Selene 60 is its full-height commissary, or utility room, that is placed between the owner’s cabin and the engine room for storage, freezer, washer/dryer and access to the electrical compartment.
2,500 NM RANGE AT 9 KNOTS IN LUXURY
This commissary is an even better isolator of the engine room noise into the master cabin! Behind the « walk through » engine room you find the lazarette, which is so spacious that you can easily store your tools, spare parts and diving equipment. This roomy lazarette also offers the possibility of building a crew-cabin with head. The standard settee molded into the cockpit creates a gracious space for relaxation under way or at the dock. The European transom with inset swim platform puts the Selene 60 into the mini mega-yacht class. An optional FRP hardtop enhances both the functionality and profile of this graceful yacht. The quality and beauty of the Selene 60 have been confirmed by many owners of Selene Trawlers who have described this yacht as « the best designed and most accomplished boat from Howard Chen’s drawing board! » Built to Lloyd’s Category A standards, the Selene 60 has the range, strength, and stability to cross oceans, yet with a moderate draft it is also at home in shallow tropical waters or for gunk-holing rivers and creeks.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- 2015 ShearWater 260 Carolina$99,900Ponte Vedra Beach, FLUnited Yacht Sales - Florida, Jacksonville / St. Augustine Area
- 2010 Selene 60 Ocean Trawler$1,395,000Jacksonville, FLUnited Yacht Sales - Florida, Jacksonville / St. Augustine Area
- 2003 Chris-Craft Roamer$179,900Merritt Island, FLUnited Yacht Sales - Florida, Jacksonville / St. Augustine Area
- 1996 Sea Ray 500 Sedan Bridge$134,900Palm Coast, FLUnited Yacht Sales - Florida, Jacksonville / St. Augustine Area