HATT TRICK is an unusual offering; a Northern motoryacht lightly cruised in New England during summertime and carefully placed in heated storage for the winter. Caterpillar C-18 engine hours are still under 700. Generator hours are minimal. There is virtually no wear and tear. We invite comparisons with those OA 74’s that have been run year round.
Speed & Distance
The Ocean Alexander 74 arrangement plan includes three staterooms on the lower deck. The main deck features an expansive main saloon with wet bar, comfortable seating, conversation corners and entertainment area (HDTV and sat receiver renewed in 2018) Forward is the country kitchen which incorporates the lower helm station.
Crew accommodations and engine room access is off the swimstep with transom access. Walk-around sidedecks facilitate short-handed docking and access to the water is available via dual stairways to the swim platform.
The flybridge offers seating for the full ship’s company. An expansive boatdeck is capable of carrying a 15’ tender and a small sailboat.
The aft deck, protected from the elements, includes matching cocktail tables with curved seating.
HATT TRICK has been cruised with an owner/operator crew of two but her design accommodates six guests with grace and comfort, along with two crew.
Master stateroom is amidships and full beam (20’), generously large for a yacht this size. King berth is on centerline with matching nightstands. The head includes twin sinks and shower compartment with premium fixtures and attractive stonework . Storage includes two walk-in cedar closets, under-berth compartment and numerous drawers and lockers suitable for long-term living aboard. Media includes 32” Sony HDTV/DVD with satellite receiver (new in 2018). Washer / dryer units are available just outside the master.
VIP with queen berth is forward. Head with shower is ensuite. Amenities, with new (2018) entertainment system, are similar to those in the Master including a similar sense of privacy and privilege.
Guest stateroom features twin berths, cedar closet and drawer storage, fit and finish of the same high quality as the other staterooms, ensuite head and shower.
All carpeting on the lower accommodation deck and main saloon was replaced in early 2019.
Crew Quarters: Twin berths, cedar lined hanging locker, sink, microwave & refrigerator, 20" Sharp TV, Maytag washer/dryer, Head w/shower.
Galley is one of the social centers of HATT TRICK, one step up and open to the main saloon, designed in an efficient V shape favored by chefs. Equipment and amenities include:
A 180 degree view of the yacht’s surroundings
Sakura cabinets w/granite counter tops
Gaggenau cook top and oven
Broan trash compactor
Fisher & Paykel dishwasher
15" Wine cooler
In-sink garbage disposal
Navigation and Communication
- Full Furuno electronics package
- Three 17" sunlight display screens which allow switching between the Furuno nav system, Direct TV, security cameras (aft deck and engine room) and FLIR M-26 (FB) - 2017
- Night Vision overhead Red/White (FB)
- Furuno BBwx3 satellite weather receiver w/updated software, 2016
- Furuno NavNet 3D Chartplotter/Radar (FB/PH)
- Engine instrumentation (FB/PH)
- Aft Deck controls - Engine & thruster
- Power steering system
- Kahlenberg horn
- Stidd electric helm chair (PH)
- Twin Captain Stidd helm chairs (FB)
- Twin Caterpillar C-18@1,000 hp each (487 hours as of 1/2019)
- Dual Racor fuel filters
- Hydraulic bow and stern thrusters
- Naiad hydraulic stabilizers, manual and automatic, programmable.
- Cruisair reverse-cycle A/C
- Fire extinguisher system w/engine shut down
- Oil changing system for mains & generators
- Fuel polishing system
- 2 x 30 gal. water heaters
- Automatic and manual bilge pump system
- Engine room high water alarm
- Two security cameras
- 25kW Northern Lights generator - Port 25 hours New, 2014
- 20kW generator – Starboard 500 hours, approx
- AGM batteries
- Aqualuma LED underwater lights
- Exterior LED lights, 2016
- 2 x Xantrex inverters
- Carbon fiber-infused, vacuum bagged, composite hull and decks
- Longitudinal and lateral fiberglass stringers over high density foam
- White gelcoat on exterior
- Airex® C70.90 PVC foam construction above waterline (closed cell, cross-linked polymer foam w/ highest elongation in its class for great impact strength. Sound and temperature insolation w/ self extinguishing properties)
- Black boot top stripe
- Tempered and safety glass
- Frameless window
- Two coats of Seahawk or equal primer, an epoxy barrier coat and covered with two coats of Seahawk or equal anti-fouling bottom paint
- Deck, superstructure and fly bridge with AL600 aluminum I-beam reinforcements
- Interior structural components all bonded to hull
- Reinforced collision bulkhead
- Hard top w/ dual hatches for ventilation and light
- Convenience lights, lower deck and FB - LED
- Phantom screens on PH and main saloon doors.
- Molded fiberglass flybridge seating with storage underneath
- Swimming ladder
- Molded fiberglass settee with oval teak table on aft deck
- Sunbrella® fabric (Berenson Tuxedo #8521) on outside cushions
- Side boarding gates in cockpit
- Wet bar with sink and bar refrigerator on FB
- Steelhead 2000lb hydraulic/electric davit with power rotation
- Stainless Steel CQR 125 lb. anchor
- SS anchor roller
- Muir VRC3500C windlass
- Fresh water washdown system (FB)
- Aft deck shower
- Fly Bridge hard top
- New teak decking-swim platform, aft deck, side decks & stairways (2014)
It is unusual to find a Northern motoryacht of this size that is lightly cruised and stored in a heated shed for the winter. Engine and generator hours tell the story of HATT TRICK, a boat that has not only been lightly used but has been pampered. Owners have spent liberally on tangible upgrades (approximately $250,000) over the last five years and the next owner will derive the benefits.
- 1999 Tayana 65$595,000Newport, RINorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC (RI)
- 2006 Nautor Swan 100S$5,400,000Antigua, AGNorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC (RI)
- 2009 Ocean Alexander OA 74$1,995,000Falmouth, MANorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC (RI)
- 1991 Covey Island Schooner Schooner$775,000Newport, RINorthrop & Johnson Yachts-Ships LLC (RI)