'Wings' is fully found and ready to go Hylas 54 Raised Salon. This Hylas 54 was outfitted for extended duration travel and has completed several such journeys including Atlantic crossings and trips to Bermuda, the Bahamas and Caribbean. The sellers of Wings are accomplished sailors and have taken part in ARC and Caribbean 1500 rallies. Their children, having grown up sailing aboard Wings, are now both accomplished professionals in the marine industry.
'Wings' maybe a 2003 built Hylas but it would be hard to tell that by inspecting 'under the hood'. The equipment aboard has been regularly updated to modern standards, current certifications on safety equipment, and maintained in excellent cosmetic condition.
The Hylas 54 is one of the most successful yachts produced with 60 hulls manufactured from the late 1990's through late 2000's. The brainchild of German Frers she combines offshore comfort with leading edge thinking from offshore racing designs. A plumb bow, long waterline, and wide beam carried aft deliver power and speed in a seaway while her state of the art Twaron aramid fiber construction offers bullet proof strength.
Features that make her a great blue water performer have an equally positive impact on living space. There is ample volume for such amenities as a luxurious owners stateroom, excessive storage and tankage located below the cabin sole, as well as excellent light and ventilation. Her well appointed interior is beautifully finished throughout in hand chosen teak.
Of all the worlds cruising yachts Hylas has the best resale value, quality, performance, and styling. For more than 30 years the same family at Queen Long Marine have produced Hylas Yachts with ever increasing quality and innovation that has been unmatched by any other yacht builder. Come see why these vessels have been sought after and will remain at the top of their league for decades to come.
- B&G electronics including touchscreen displays and instrumentation
- 24V Bow Thruster instead of usual 12V
- Equipped with the larger engine option, Yanmar 4JH3-DTE 125 HP Turbo
- Upgraded fuel management system for the main engine with electronic filter switching and alarms
- Upgraded Northern Lights generator that replaced the original Fischer Panda
- Worldwide capable power input thanks to electrical distribution system upgrade
- Solar panels on custom frame over bimini with room for additional panels
- RIB dinghy with Yamaha 15HP 2 stroke, dinghy trailer included
The layout is three cabins and two heads, with the full nav station option (no pass-thru to aft head) and passageway galley on starboard that leads to the aft cabin. The interior is finished in teak veneer with a semi-gloss finish, cabinetry is louvered. The cabin sole is traditional Hylas teak and holly with a gloss finish. The headliner is finished in textured foam backed vinyl with teak batten trim that provides an easy to clean surface and increased sound deadening.
- Dimming overhead lighting option.
- LED rope accent light option under salon dinette and galley countertop.
Forward Cabin The forward cabin is setup with the optional island queen berth that provides extra movement around the cabin vs the traditional V-berth. Thanks to this arrangement there is more easy to access storage instead of having to remove the bedding. Beneath the berth itself are a few storage compartments/drawers and further forward mechanical access to the air conditioner, bow thruster, and water maker, as well as having space for miscellaneous spare parts.
- Port and starboard hanging lockers, convertible to shelving.
- Various storage compartments beside the bed, above, and shelving.
- Two 12V Hella fans.
- Overhead hatch with teak trimmed screen (hatch acrylic being replaced due to age crazing)
- Two reading lamps
- Two AC outlets, one DC outlet
- Built in lee cloth attachment points on overhead
- Touchscreen air conditioning control.
- Air conditioning from front cabin.
- Two reading lamps
- 12V Hella fan
- AC outlet
- Dorade vent
- Opening deck hatch and two port lights for ventilation
- Vacuflush head
- AC outlet
- Dorade vent
- Opening deck hatch and two port lights for ventilation
To starboard is the optional twin captains chairs, that recline, swivel, and have pop out foot rests. In between them is small table with built in storage. Behind the chairs are two large storage compartments in additional to the storage cabinets and shelving above.
- Pre-wired for 12V fan
- Picture with lighting
- AC and DC outlets
Galley Behind the salon on the starboard side is the galley, which doubles as the passageway to the aft cabin. This provides a generous amount of counter top space to prepare meals or work on mechanic equipment.
- Hidden trash can and cutting board
- Various storage cabinets and drawers, pantry.
- Force10 LPG stove and oven
- Convection microwave oven
- Dual top and side loading refrigerator/freezers with lighting
- Third refrigerator for beverages
- Two opening ports and a large overhead hatch.
- Two dorade vents.
- AC and DC outlets.
- 12V Hella fans
- Ample storage behind mirrors
- Vacuflush head
- Washing machine behind shower stall
- AC outlet
- Optional fire suppression system installed with engine shutdown system.
- Engine space blower.
Water Maker The water maker is located under the berth in the forward cabin and is a Blue Water Desalination Express EXS 800, which produces 33 gallons per hour/800 gallons per day. There is a remote control panel for operation located at the nav station. Multiple filters are included to provide the best tasting water. A custom valve system is fitted to enable purified water to be sent to any of the three freshwater tanks aboard. Note that this is a 220V unit so it draws less amperage than it's 110V equivalent and can operate dock side in international waters or under generator power.
- 1/2 HP feed pump at thru-hull, 3 HP pressure pump at membrane
Tankage Fuel and water tankage is built from 304 stainless steel by the best craftsmen in Taiwan utilizing proper welding techniques. All stainless tanks are pressure tested to 3 PSI before installation. The two black water tanks are GRP. Fuel #1 - 94 Gallons Fuel #2 - 94 Gallons Fuel #3 - 38 Gallons Fuel #4 - 38 Gallons Fuel #5 - 50 Gallons Water #1 - 48 Gallons Water #2 - 91 Gallons Water #3 - 91 Gallons Black Water #1 -27 Gallons Black Water #2 - 27 Gallons
Freshwater System The freshwater system consists of a tank selection manifold to allow for drawing independently from each of the three water tanks and two freshwater pumps. There is a primary pump, and an independent backup pump, this is so that if one pump fails there is always a way to get water out of the tanks.
- Hot water provided by 15 gallon 240V water heater with connection to the engine coolant loop
- Hot/cold taps in galley, forward head, aft head, and transom shower
- Extra large pressure tank provides for constant pressure at the taps and showers, and cuts down on pump cycling
- Gray water tank with overboard pump plus spare pump, pumps upgraded from original.
- Shower sump pumps, pumps upgraded from original.
- Independent valves for faucets to allow system to be isolated in the event of a leak.
- Manifold system to allow for tank switching of feeds and returns
- Electric fuel pump for transfer and/or polishing through filters
- Keenan Filters Premium Dual Filter Fuel Management System that replaced the original Racor system. This system in integrated with electric fuel filter switching, alarms, and fuel polishing that can be accomplished without the engine running. An integrated fuel pump allows for pressurized fuel to be sent to the offline filter for servicing and cleaning, this also allows for bleeding and can supply emergency fuel pressure to the engine if needed. A remote control panel is installed just inside the engine hatch for on the fly filter switching and power control.
Black Water System Black water system consists of two heads, each independently operated with VacuFlush systems and separate holding tanks. The forward holding tank maybe evacuated via gravity, while the aft holding tank features a 12V pump for overboard dump.
Bow Thruster The bow thruster is an upgraded unit above standard. This is a 24V Sidepower SP 155 TC putting out 8 kW/ 10.7 Hp. It is fitted with two counter rotating four-bladed propellers and is mechanically built. This provides for increased reliability and a powerful unit. The thruster is powered independently from the house battery bank thanks to a pair of 12V Meridian AGM 181 Ah batteries with it's own Mastervolt 24V 30A battery charger. The thruster master breaker is remotely controlled from the nav station as well as having a manual backup at the breaker itself.
Air Conditioning Wings is fitted with a three zone, split compressor/fan unit system. Zone 1 forward, Zone 2 in the salon, and Zone 3 aft. The units are 230V powered and operate on 50 or 60 Hz cycles to allow for worldwide usage. Each unit has a 16,000 BTU rating making for a total of 48,000 BTU's. They cool as well as produce heat via reverse cycle, they utilize R22 refrigerant. The control heads have been updated to the latest touch screen interfaces.
- Industrial grade sea water pump and manifold shutoff system for each unit, cuts down on maintenance and replacement
Refrigeration The original sea-water cooled Grunert system has been removed and replaced by a modern 12V air cooled Frigoboat system. This allows for full time usage while underway with low power draw. The two top/front loading units each have their own compressor.
There is also a third refrigerator that is 12V/110-240V that replaced the original ice maker. The ice maker plumbing is still in place should you desire to use that functionality in the future.
- Refrigerator drain pump, upgraded from original.
- Splendide 2000 automatic washing machine, vented, located behind aft head shower
You will find no better equipped electrical system aboard any Hylas 54, regardless of age.
- US and International shore power connection input with custom AC selector to allow seamless power connection anywhere in the world
- Magnum Energy Magnasine pure sine wave inverter/charger model MS2812 allowing for US 120V/60Hz appliances to operate off the dock or while plugged into an international power source. Note that the outlets, galley, microwave, and an outlet in the aft cabin operate through the inverter.
- Magnum Energy Chargemaster 12V/100A worldwide charger for the house and engine batteries
- Solar panels mounted on custom frame over bimini, controlled by Blue Sky Solarboost 3024i
- 270A high output alternator to charge house bank
- alternator to charge engine battery
- Generator is powered by it's own independent system consisting of a remote battery switch with control at the nav station, 12V group 24 lead acid battery
- Delta anchor with 350' of chain
- CQR anchor with 25' chain and 300' rode
- Maxwell 3500 windlass with capstan and foot controls
- Maxwell remote windlass control with chain counter mounted at companionway
- Sea-water wash down with independent 12V pump
- Dodger and bimini with complete enclosure plus three side sunscreens. Storage cover for dodger.
- Cockpit cushions
- Winch covers
- Transom pulpit teak seat covers
- Teak grab rail covers
The tender is carried on the boat by a custom installed stern arch that also doubles as a mounting point for various electronics.
- Viking 6 person liferaft in transom cradle built into stern pulpit. Current certification expires July 2022
- Head duty plexiglass crash boards for forward facing salon windows
- Stainless steel opening port lights with bug screens (in excellent condition).
Sails and Rigging
- 2014 - UK Sails Mainsail - Preferred in-mast furling with electric motor.
- Genoa - Furlex 400S furler
- 2014 - UK Sails Staysail - Furlex 400S furler
- North Sails Spinnaker - Runner with dousing sleeve.
- Lewmar 66 Primary Winches Qty 2 - Electric
- Lewmar 54 Seconadary Winches Qty 2 - Electric
- Lewmar 48 Mainsheet Winch - Electric
- Lewmar 48 Cabin Top Winch - Manual
- Lewmar 48 Mast Halyard Winches - Manual
- Winch handles
Navigation 2016 complete electronics upgrade with the best available for a sailing yacht by B&G
- B&G Zeus 9 MFD
- B&G Triton Display
- B&G Triton Autopilot Keypad
- Interphase TwinScope forward looking sonar
- Qty 3 B&G Triton Displays above companionway
- Nav Station
- B&G Zeus 12 MFD
- Airmar DST800 Smart Triducer providing depth, speed, and water temperature
- B&G 508 Wind Sensor
- B&G AC42 Autopilot Computer
- B&G RC42 Rate Compass
- B&G GS25 GPS Antenna & Compass
- B&G Broadband Radar
- SAILOR FleetBroadband by Cobham providing internet and voice communications globally
- ICOM M710 Single Side Band paired with PACTOR PTC-IIpro modem
- ICOM IC-M506 VHF paired with helm mounted remote mic
- B&G NAIS-400 AIS TX/RX paired with NSPL-400 splitter to allow for single VHF/AIS antenna usage
- Full boat WiFi with signal booster to grab public wifi while moored
- KVH M7 HDTV satellite antenna with open water tracking
- Fusion AV700 stereo with remote iPod dock, speakers in salon, cockpit, and aft cabin with independent zones
Additional Units Included
- EZ Loader
- 2007 Novurania