Orange Beach, AL
A very special boat that has been thoroughly maintained by a full-time crew and Saunder's YachtWorks. Cherry interior with a galley up, 4 stateroom layout and one of the few 65' Hatteras to have been refitted with a cockpit mezzanine. The details are vast and this is rare occasion to see a boat which has had the budget freedom to make practical improvements and perfect a great offshore fishing platform.
Accommodation and Vessel Walk-Through
Nicely appointed 4 stateroom, 4 head layout with Galley and Dinette up. Sleeps 8 with large settee in salon and settee in the enclosed flybridge that might allow an extra overnight guest. The interior wood is high-gloss cherry, the salon deck and the entire interior has Amtico teak and holly laminate sole, except the master stateroom. The 4th stateroom (crew quarter) has a door to the engine room from through that head’s shower. This allows the crew to access or depart the vessel via the cockpit without going through the salon.
Starting at the cockpit, this is one of the few 65’ Hatteras convertibles of this era that’s been refitted with a cockpit mezzanine which was added in 2017. Entering the salon through a fiberglass salon door with large window, the main electrical panel and shore power switching is immediately to the right followed by a 48-inch, flat-panel Vizio HDTV. Across to the portside is a large L-shape settee with armrests on the ends which was re-upholstered during the winter 2018 with Carmel leatherette material and has many comfortable décor pillows. In front of the settee on a blue area rug is a large, square burlwood cocktail table with compass rose inlayed top and cherry wood edge. The top hinges open for a large storage area beneath. Back to the starboard side is a cabinet with entertainment center components and next forward a built in cabinet of 5 drawers with securing latches. On top of the entertainment cabinet is a bronze table lamp and on the next cabinet a humidor. There are channel cut cherry valances around the cabin with air-conditioning diffused through the side panels. The windows are framed with cherry wood and there are adjustable cherry blinds on all windows except the salon door. The windows are also tinted.
Moving forward to the starboard side is a large C-shaped Dinette with matching tan leatherette settee that also has a section of the backrest accented with white Bentley stitched cushion. The Dinette is on a raised platform and the table is custom shaped Corian with a bullnose edge that matches the galley counters which are across to the portside. The table base has cherry dowels surrounding the center post. On the forward bulkhead is a large framed marine art piece, of two blue marlin turning on a trolled lure. A wireless phone base is on the back corner countertop.
To the portside is the Galley which has under-counter SubZero refrigeration and freezer drawers plus excellent counterspace area, off-white Corian with a natural marble look and bullnose edge. A large Franke stainless sink is under-mounted outboard by the windows with a Delta Addison faucet with sprayer. There is also a Kenmore dishwasher and an In-Sink-Erator disposal. The forward end of the galley has the marble-look back-splash and a 4-burner Whirlpool glass-top range with a Galley power ventilation hood above and a cookware drawer in the back-splash. Above is a black Sharp Carousel microwave/convection oven behind a lift-up cabinet door. The Amtico galley sole has an inlayed compass rose. On the Dinette side of the galley cabinetry is a Whirlpool Gold drink ice maker with large storage bin. There is also a Kenmore upright freezer in the equipment room.
Next forward is a curved stairway down to the staterooms. Those cherry dowels make the walls of the stairway with a brass banister railing. On the companionway to the right there is a cabinet with a Whirlpool ThinTwin washer and dryer. Just forward to port is the entrance to the master stateroom with an angled Queen walk-around berth, it has a nightstand with drawer inboard and a large cedar lined hanging locker forward to the outboard side. A tall padded backboard is behind the berth and the rest of the bulkhead has a mirrored wall. Outboard above the cabin is lined with cove cabinets and soffit lighting. There is a large drawer at the foot of the bed, plus the padded bed rails have a hinged door beneath that lets the mattress lift up with extra storage below. Forward is a Phillips flat panel TV, then cabinet with a Yamaha sound system and drawer storage below next to it a second hanging locker. To portside is the entrance door to the private head, nicely wallpapered, with a Corian vanity top, under-mount sink, designer faucet, and mirrored sundry cabinets above, plus a good sized shower stall inboard.
All the way forward is the VIP stateroom which is arranged more as a V-Berth with two separate full size berths at slightly different heights. There is a Westinghouse flat panel TV on the forward bulkhead, plus drawer and cabinet storage beneath the starboard bunk. A cedar-lined hanging locker is aft or the port bunk. Just aft on the starboard side is entry to the private VIP head. This head and the guest head have similar finish and features to the master head.
Aft down the companionway to the starboard side is a door to the guest head, which is convenient to the stairway for daytime usage. Just further aft is the Guest stateroom which has a sliding pocket door and is arranged with upper and lower twin berths. These berths have reading lights mounted on the forward bulkhead and drawer storage beneath the lower bunk, there is also a direct access door to the guest head. Forward in this stateroom is a cedar-lined hanging locker.
Last aft on the companionway, is the entry door to the crew quarter which is down three steps with a banister. Upper and Lower twin berths are to the starboard side with a cedar-lined hanging locker. To the center is the door to the head and another door beyond to the equipment room. The shower stall is aft and it contains a crew door to the forward end of the engine room.
The engine room is white painted and in very nice condition, clearly an area of focus on this vessel. Passing through you exit aft up a 4-step stainless ladder thru a hatch that lifts up in the center of the cockpit mezzanine. Just to port is the flybridge ladder with black Lexan treads that goes from the mezzanine platform through an opening of the bridge overhang to the bridge afterdeck where there is a fishing helm to port and a bench seat to starboard. The center entry door to the enclosed bridge is fiberglass with a large window just like the salon door.
The bridge has Amtico Teak and Holly flooring also and is well finished with vinyl wall, dashboard, and headliners in notably good condition. The starboard side has cabinetry with bullnose Corian counter-top, there is an Insignia flat panel TV mounted from above on the window mullion. Cherry valances are at the roofline and there is a mini refrigerator below in the cabinets. To the portside is an L-shaped settee with a chrome footrest railing below. A large contoured cushion adjustable helm chair with dropdown armrests is centerline in front of the helm console. To the starboard side is a small bench companion seat with drawer storage in the side. All the seating is off-white leatherette as is most of the wall covering with exception of the helm console which is black.
Electronics, Navigation, Communication and Entertainment
- All electronics were new in 2017
- Two 24 inch Garmin touch-screen 8600 series network displays
- Two 7 inch Garmin 7607 touch-screen GPS/Chartplotters, CHIRP sounders
- Garmin Sirius weather overlay
- Furuno RCU-014 Blackbox 96-mile radar
- Garmin AIS 600
- Garmin blackbox for acceptance of all new Garmin programming (2020)
- FLIR Nightvision camera
- Simrad AP28 autopilot
- Two ICOM M506 VHF radios, also hailer horns forward and aft
- Richie powerdamp magnetic compass
- Maretron DSM150 interface displays engine data on Garmin network
- Two CAT Marine Power Display panels
- CAT electronic multi-station control system, 3 stations, main helm – aft helm – tower helm
- CAT backup control panel
- One cockpit and Three engine room cameras display on Garmin network
- KVH TracPhone Sat telephone with Thrane and Thrane handset
- Fusion MS-UD750 with Uni-dock interface displays/controls on Garmin network
- Two JL Audio Amps
- Six JL Audio speakers plus extra tweeters (exterior)
- KVH Sat TV antenna, on tower buggy top
- ACR spotlight RCL-100 with URP-102 control pad
- Hatteras systems monitor panel
- TOWER Electronics:
- Two Garmin networked 7607s
- Simrad AP24 autopilot
- Raymarine VHF radio
- Ritchie powerdamp magnetic compass
Hull and Deck Equipment
- The topsides were painted, deckhouse, bridge, non-skid, in Winter of 2017-‘18
- The cockpit and non-skid was painted in Winter of 2019-2020
- Hull and transom was clearcoated Winter of 2019-2020, white hull, black boot/bottom, bottom painted May 2020
- Hull has full length custom mahogany chine lifting strakes
- The cockpit mezzanine was added by Saunders Boat Works and has Eskimo Ice storage bins (one for each machine) in the upper and lower portside hatches, a cockpit freezer under the remaining upper compartment beneath the mezzanine seat, insulated tackle storage box on the lower center hatch, and molded livewell under the upper hatch to starboard. The lower hatch to starboard has a bait box with trays. All boxes are drained and insulated. The mezzanine cushions were replaced in 2020.
- Factory fiberglass pulpit with stainless steel chute and roller
- Maxwell 24v Windlass
- Danforth style, 65-pound anchor and chain rode, also Paratech sea anchor
- Welded Aluminum low-profile, full bow rail
- Molded rub railing with stainless steel strike plate
- Viking 8-person liferaft on hydro-release rack on foredeck with canvas cover
- Three foredeck Bomar deck hatches, Lexan painted out opaque
- Spreader flood lights are molded into the tower helm fiberglass floor, one facing to foredeck, two directed towards cockpit
- Deckhouse has frameless windows, forward pilothouse windows are fitted with windshield wipers and washers
- White safety railings on sidedecks above edge of side windows and on top of cockpit wings
- Pipewelders Tuna Tower mounted to deckhouse with ladders of aft legs to tower helm, fiberglass tower floor and buggytop with SatTV dome mounted on top, tower bench seat with backrest, helm has wheel, engine control binnacle, compass, fiberglass control box (new canvas cover ’20) and engine stop switches
- Transom door with keeper latch and top opening gate
- Swim ladder receiver by transom door and Armstrong ladder mounted in ER
- Non-skid cockpit deck with transom livewell or auxiliary fish box with Leeson macerator pump
- Fiberglass step box
- Underwater LED lights (4), new 2020
- 2 section insulated drink cooler beneath salon step
- JL Audio Speakers in cockpit overhang and in rear of cockpit (8.5”), 2017
- Fusion stereo remote control panel on starboard side by mezzanine, 2017
- Aft flybridge, fishing helm station to the portside and bench seat to starboard
- E.P.I.R.B. ACR Global Fix iPro Cat 1 with current battery date
Fishing Equipment and Cockpit
- Rupp triple spreader silver outriggers with rollers, new 2020
- Rupp center rigger, new 2020
- Bluewater teak Fighting Chair with rocket launcher backrest with tray, refinished by Bluewater winter ‘19, offset stainless stanchion, new canvas cover 2020
- Large underdeck fish box
- 4 flush mounted rod holder in cockpit gunnels, 3 flush rod holders in each cockpit wing, new 2020
- Tuna Tubes supplied by Hooker pump can be fitted into transom well, 2019
- Electric reel plugs underneath gunnels 12v/24v with battery source separate from main house batteries, 2019
- Teaser reels mounted outboard of flybridge aft deck, manual 80Ws
- 15 rod holders on aft flybridge railing on two levels
- Eskimo Ice Machines (2) EI600 and EI1000 (larger unit new 2018)
- Two saltwater washdown pumps with selector to cockpit spigot
- Cockpit port for Helium with tank storage in engine room
- Twin 21.5kW Onan generators (new in Winter of 2017) 1283hrs / 1284hrs (hours logged 6/3/2020) mounted in sound shield cases
- 220/110 volt AC system, 12/24 volt DC system
- 2019 batteries, 4 AC Delco (2 in series for each 24v bank); charged by Mastervolt 24v/75amp or alternator
- 2 Odyssey batteries (12v bank); charged by Mastervolt 12v/35amp or alternator
- 1 Interstate 12v (dedicated to electric reel plugs); charged by Marinco 12v/6amp
- Newmar model 32-12-50 Battery Equalizer provides 12vDC supply for flybridge
- Newmar model 32-12-6 bridge stereo supply
- Orion model 24/12-40 converter dedicated to the tuna tube pump
- Two 50amp shore cords with Glendinning cablemasters with circuit breakers
- Two Jefferson Isolation Transformers (one for each shore cord)
- GFI 110v outlets and batteries have rotary shut off switches
- Functional bonding system and sacrificial zincs on running gear
Mechanical Systems, Running Gear, and Safety Systems
- Twin CAT 3412E 1400hp V-12 Diesels (fresh-water aftercoolers); these engines were overhauled to bare block by Saunders Boat Works in the winter of 2018-’19. Current hours since overhaul approx: 856; total time 10,532 (hours logged 7/10/2020)
- Transmissions are ZF BW196 4.462:1 reduction. In winter 2018-’19 gears were removed from boat and totally overhauled and resealed by ZF (engines and transmissions overhauled at same time so hours will be the same on both). Additionally the electric trolling valve feature was added at this time.
- Props are 7-blade 48x88 inch, new 2018 as were the shafts, dripless seals, logs, and cutlass bearings (running gear new at same time as generators so hours will be the same on both).
- Steering system is Hynautic and was upgraded winter of 2019-’20 with new Ram and Servo, dripless rudder logs
- Trim Tabs, flush mounted to bottom and transom
- Three engine control stations, main inside flybridge, fishing helm aft deck flybridge (new canvas cover 2020), tower helm. The original Sturdy engine controls were replaced in 2017 with a complete CAT electric engine control system.
- Florescent Engine Room Lighting
- Engine room CAT premium mechanical gauge panels
- Engine electric block heaters
- Air Sep crankcase breather/air filter system
- Dual Racor primary fuel filters, fuel priming pumps, single Racor for generators
- Fuel transfer pump (Leeson 24v) with 2nd pump plumbed as backup with selector valves, Two fiberglass fuel tanks – Aft bilge beneath cockpit and forward keel area
- Fuel shutoff valves at tanks and at primary filters
- Oberdorfer oil change pump and system
- Delta 24v bilge blowers (2), engine room circulation fans (2), mist filters and drains on air vent boxes
- Cruisair Cockpit Freezer compressor (raw water cooled), with digital thermostat
- Six reverse-cycle Cruisair Air-Conditioning Units with SMX digital thermostats, with raw water cooling, sea-strainers, and condensate drains plumbed to grey water sump tank
- Air compressor and reservoir (for air horns), Westward
- Headhunter Mach 5 fresh water pump with 2nd Mach 5 plumbed in-line with selector valve and Accumulator pressure tanks
- Filtration Concepts Reverse Osmosis Watermaker, components rebuilt and membranes new 3 years ago
- SeaLand Vacuflush fresh-water heads (4) with holding tank and pump out thru deck fill or maserator (Leeson 24v)
- Grey water sump pump box
- Sea-Fire FM200 engine room fire suppression system (current certification)
- Six Rule auto/manual bilge pumps, all with separate high water alarms nearby
- 230v AC emergency crash pump
- The Hatteras Alarm and Systems monitoring system with replaced and upgraded in 2017. Work was done by a tech from Hatteras factory.
BIG VALLEY is a ready to go fishing machine that has proven reliable and through a remarkable maintenance program is a prime candidate to continue serving her next lucky owner. Very seriously for sale.
Custom Disclaimer, Disclosure, and Exclusions
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. BIG VALLEY is in use by her current owners and as a result there are many personal items aboard and these may be seen in some of the listing photos, they will not convey with the sale. Most specifically all fishing tackle, tools, handheld electronics, foul weather gear, and crew members personal belongings. Upon request and accompanied by a written offer, a complete exclusion list will be provided. Two items of disclosure, in approximately 2006 there was an offshore collision with an oil platform support cable and there was some fiberglass damage above the waterline. This was thoroughly repaired and documented by Saunders Boat Works and has not had any negative impact on the vessel or it's usage since completion of the repairs. In February 2017, the boat took a lighting strike to the starboard vhf antenna resulting in the replacement of all electronics, engine sensors, fuse panels, engine controls. Additionally all wiring harnesses were replaced as a safety matter. Saunders Boat Works performed all this work and the vessel has operated for three full seasons without any lingering effects or consequence.
- 2021 Johnson 110' Skylounge w/On-Deck Master$7,565,000TWGilman Yachts of Fort Lauderdale
- 2017 Johnson RPH w/ON-DECK MASTER$3,995,000Fort Lauderdale, FLGilman Yachts of Fort Lauderdale
- 2020 Johnson 70' Skylounge Motor Yacht$3,655,000TWGilman Yachts of Fort Lauderdale
- 2021 Johnson 83' Flybridge w/Hydraulic Platform$4,275,000TWGilman Yachts of Fort Lauderdale