Fair Haven, NJ
Designed by American naval architect Ed Fry of Fryco and built by R.B. Dereli, Sassy is a great performing down east lobster style yacht with a finely crafted high gloss occume paneled cabin. The hull and deck are constructed with E-glass, carbon fiber, divinycell and Kevlar and bonded with epoxy.
Sassy is powered by twin 370 HP Yanmar Diesels driving Hamilton 274 jets. With the bow thruster and jet drives she handles tight quarters and docking with amazing ease.
The Master cabin in located forward. It has a v-berth with storage drawers beneath, hanging lockers port and starboard, bookshelf forward of the berth, overhead hatch, direct and indirect lighting. Mounted on the forward bulkhead of the stateroom is a flat screen TV with separate DVD player.
Next aft to port is the galley which features a two-burner cook-top, GE microwave, U-line refrigerator, Corian counters and stainless steel sink with hot and cold running water. All the lockers and drawers are lined with cedar.
Opposite to starboard across from the galley is a dinette table with seating for four. Mounted on the starboard side of the salon is a stereo received with CD player.
Moving back towards the companionway to port is the head/shower. The head features a Jabsco household size toilet with internal vacuum pump, shower and sink mounted on a granite counter.
Opposite the head and mounted on the wall behind the aft dinette seat is the easily accessed and well laid out electrical panel.
Two steps up from the salon, the well-equipped air-conditioned pilothouse features an L-shaped settee to port with a table. To starboard is the 8-way power Italian leather OpacMar helm seat. Behind the helm seat is a built in combination refrigerator/ice-maker. The aft end of the pilothouse is enclosed with a drop down curtain with Eisenglass and privacy drop down covers.
Aft of the pilothouse is the cockpit with a bench seat across the back. Behind the cockpit is the extremely well laid out engine room. Access to the engine-room is made by raising the aft deck. The engine room is a mechanic's dream with all systems easily reached.
There is a hot/cold shower accessible from the swim platform.
There are two covers for cockpit. One is a drop down canvas with Eisenglass windows which separate the pilothouse from the cockpit. The other runs from the deckhouse roof edge to the aft of the cockpit bench seat and is Sunbrella beige.
- Jabsco electric toilet
- Sink with hot/cold running water
- Granite counter tops
- Overhead hatch
- U-line refrigerator
- 2-burner glass top stove
- GE microwave
- Cedar lined storage cabinets
- Corian counter tops
- Storage drawers
- OpacMare 8-way power leather upholstered helm seat
- L-shaped settee
- Teak hi-lo table
- Storage below the settee
- 16,000 BTU A/C
- Combo U-line ice-maker/refrigerator
- Sunbrella fabric covered cushions for pilot house
- Ritchie SS 2000 compass mounted at helm
- 12 V DC chromed double horn
- 12 V DC ACR searchlight with remote controls to right of helm
- Simrad IS 15 combi systems speed, depth and trip log
- Furuno GPS Navigator DGPS-36
- Furuno 1833 NAV-net system with color chart plotter and 36 mile radar with split screen or radar overlay
- Simrad AP 22 autopilot
- Simrad RS 8300 VHF
- Sony AM/FM stereo with CD player and four speakers
DC: 12V DC ship's service; 12 V DC main engines and generator starting
AC: 220/110V AC/60Hz from shore and 220/110V AC/60Hz from generator
100 amp alternator on the starboard engine for charging ship service battery
80 amp alternator on the port engine
35 amp alternator on the generator for charging starting battery
House batteries: two Lifeline AGM 4D 210 amp hour batteries new in 2016
Starting batteries: two Lifeline AGM 12V new in 2016
Generator: Westerbeke 5kw with sound shield 350 hours
Shorepower: one 50 amp/220 VAC
Isolation transformer, 220 V
Battery charger: Mastervolt Mass 40 amp
Deck and Hull
- Muir Lofrans 12V DC electric windlass with remote at bow and helm controls
- 35 lbs stainless steel plow anchor
- 100 feet 5/16" chain
- 8" ship's bell
- Bilge alarms and alarm panel
- Three fire extinguishers
- High water alarm
- Fire control system installed in engine room with DC panel remote switch
- Gas/smoke alarm in galley and forward stateroom
- Life jackets (6) in pack under port settee
- Lines and eight fenders
- Twin Yanmar 370 HP diesel engines (640 hours)
- Underwater exhaust with bypass valves
- Hamilton 274 water jets
- Westerbeke 4 KW generator
- Racor fuel filters
- Max Power bow thruster
- Mathers electronic controls
- Manual bilge pump
- Mathers engine synchronizer
- Battery charger
- 3 automatic bilge pumps
- Bennett trim tabs
- Cruisair AC