Harpswell, MESell a boat like this
Linssen, while better known in Europe, is a highly regarded builder. The 45DS was a boat with European styling built for the American market. She is a great running, 2 stateroom express style cruiser with a hydraulic convertible top for the sun lovers! In excellent condition throughout and well equipped, new teak cockpit deck in 2015, new Besenzoni retractable davits and many other upgrades as well low hours make this an attractive offering. Please check the photos out as well as the full specifications.
Concept wise the target was the Eastbay, Sabre type market but this boat is available at a $100,000 discount to a similar age/equipped boat from those builders!!
Speed & Distance
Vessel Walk Thru
There are accommodations for four in a two stateroom layout though an extra (or two) could sleep on the settees. The interior is well thought out and was designed by noted Roberto Del Re of Italy and is finished in varnished cherry with ebony accents, varnished teak and holly soles; headroom is 6'-3" below and over 6'-7" on the helm deck. Natural light and ventilation are well provided for with eight fixed hull ports, six large ports in the house, four smaller ports and two large hatches. When natural ventilation does not suffice there are two reverse cycle (heat & cool) air conditioning units to keep the interior comfortable in all climates. Extensive 12 volt lighting with numerous recessed halogen lights throughout.
Other important attributes is the extensive soundproofing. Cabin soles are laid on insulating rubber and the entire engine room is encased in a high tech polyester sound deadening material. Additionally the propeller shafts are double flex coupled and the engines are on soft Ceta mounts. When profiled new the boats were highly rated for being quiet.
Starting forward is the Master Stateroom with an expansive island queen berth, storage below, a large hanging locker is aft to starboard and additional storage in lockers to port. The private Master Head adjoins is aft and to port with vacuum flush type fresh water W.C. and vanity with polished stainless steel sink and hot and cold pressure water. There is also a private access from the Master Stateroom to a stall shower compartment that is hared with the guest head.
Aft and to starboard is the Guest Head with vacuum flush type fresh water W.C., vanity with polished stainless steel sink and access to the aforementioned stall shower compartment.
Opposite is the L-shaped Galley with Corian type counters, large 1 1/2 basin stainless sink, Siemens 4 burner electric cook top and Sharp convection microwave oven. Plenty of storage in a number of lockers and drawers while chilled foodstuffs may be easily handled in the Coolmatic dual voltage refrigerator with freezer.
The Guest Stateroom is aft of the Galley to port and features two 6'-6" berths with some storage under as well as in lockers inboard and a locker forward which also has some dish rack type storage.
The Salon, aft and to starboard has an over 7' length settee with storage under and is upholstered in Ultra leather. A handsome varnished cherry with ebony inlay pedestal table provides a surface for dining. Opposite the settee are well executed cabinets for glassware, entertainment equipment and other storage.
Up four steps to the Helm Deck and Upper Salon. It is difficult to convey the attractiveness of this space given the Varitop hydraulically operated convertible top which can be fully opened to enjoy the sunshine the top is heavy duty and well insulated so when closed the space may be easily heated or cooled. To port is the helm station with a double bench seat that may be hydraulically raised or lowered to accommodate a crew of any height, along with all of the yachts navionics and operational controls. Aft of that is a wet bar with sink and smaller refrigerator for drinks and entertainment equipment hook ups. Opposite is an Ultra leather upholstered settee and pedestal table. Egress from the helm deck to the cockpit is via a sliding door aft and to port.
The cockpit is a maze of functionality. First the cockpit deck of this Linssen 45DS received all new teak during the winter of 2013/14. The yacht was not used the summer of 14 so has just one season of very light use. The transom rotates out to provide an expansive swim platform with built in ladder and transom door (see photos). Unique and convenient storage abounds with aft facing bench seat (new cushions 2014) large lazarette and other storage compartments. Easy access two steps up to the side decks with robust stainless steel railings on a bare teak cap rail. Storage lockers at the bow include lockers either side of the anchor handling gear and a large molded in locker at the forward end of the house.
- Bang & Olufson AM/FM/CD stereo
- Bose speakers in Salon & on Helm Deck
- Blinds for all house/hull ports and windows and hatches new 2012
- Toshiba 20" TV
- BlueRay DVD player
- New helm seat cushions on order 2015
- Exterior bench seat cushions new 2014
- Accent rope lighting in lower salon 2012
- Helm TV and DVD 2012
- Salon TV and DVD 2011
Equipped for comfortable coastal cruising with all electronics located at the helm station.
- Garmin 12" color GPS/Plotter 2018
- Furuno monochromatic radar display with 4 kw radome
- Simrad Robertson AP 20 autopilot
- Simrad Depth
- Stand Horizon Explorer VHF
- Search light with remote control at helm
- Ritchie 4" magnetic compass
- Vetus Bow thruster controls
- Bennet Trim Tab controls
- 2 double pantograph windshield wipers with wash down system
- Windlass controls
- Hydraulic controls for: Transom; Varitop convertible top, Helm Seat, Radar mast
Wired for 24 volt house and general service and 220/110 Volt AC service. When off the dock an Onan 9 kw generator showing 2100 hours as of 6/4/20 handles any heavy load requirements while a 2000 watt Mastervolt inverter handles lighter loads.
24 Volt DC:
- Distribution panel with breakers
- Amp & Volt Meters
- 4 4D AGM batteries in series for house (2 2017) and inverter service (2-2018)
- 4 Group 27 batteries in 2 banks wired in series for engine start 2020
- 1 Group 31 generator start battery 2020
- 2 50 amp alternators
- Battery Charger
220/110 volt AC
- 50 amp shore power inlet aft
- 50'+ 50 amp shore power cord set up on a Glendenning cablemaster
- Distribution panel with breakers
- Volt & amp meters
- Water heater (also supplied from engine)
- Battery Chargers
Hull and Deck
Fiberglass hull and deck with end grain balsa coring above the chines. All exterior finishes are Gel coat, flag blue on the hull and white on the house and the decks and are in excellent condition. The side decks have molded in non-skid in in a light grey. As previously noted the cockpit decks have a new teak overlay in the winter of 2013/14.
- Simpson Lawrence electric windlass new 2018
- 45 lb Monson plow type anchor with app 200' chain
- Fortress secondary anchor
- Fresh water wash down aft
- Transom H&C shower
- 4 Halogen underwater lights
- 6 Type II PFD's
- Flare kit
- Life sling
- 3 fire extinguishers
- 4 Fenders with covers, 6 braided dock lines
- New cockpit bench seat cushions 2014
- Self tailing winch for dinghy hoist 2016
- Cockpit Bimini 2017 by Gemini Canvas
- Stainless propane grill 2018
- Hydraulic transom insert converts to extended swim platform
- Transom door
- Hydraulic Radar Mast
- North Atlantic 10' RIB 2012
- Yamaha 15 hp 2 stroke outboard motor app. 2009
Twin fresh water cooled Volvo TAMD74EDC engines turn Teinbridge 4 bladed 23 X 29" propellers on 2.5" shafts through Twin Disc 2:1 reduction gears.
The engine room is spacious and easily accessed by a walk in hatch from the cockpit. As noted in the walk thru the attention to noise attenuation was notable with extensive engine room insulation high end soft mounts and double flex couplings in the drive system.
- Volvo electronic engine controls
- Fireboy engine room fire suppression new 2014
- Racor fuel filters
- Drip less shaft seals
- Vetus 8 hp bow thruster
- Fuel tank gauges
- Water tank gauges
- Holding tank level indicator
- Showers and sinks drain to a sep. 58 gallon grey water holding tank system
- Grey water tank level indicator
- Macerator pump
- Grey water tank overboard pump
- 3 electric bilge pumps new 2011
- Shower sump pump new 2011
- Potable water purifier added 2011
- Oil change kit for engines, transmissions
- 2 Reverse cycle air conditioning units 1 new in 2014
Linssen is a highly respected Dutch builder and every inch of this DS45 shows why. She is currently on her third owner who, living at some distance from the ocean, has not found the time to use her. Purchased in 2012 she was used seasonally in Maine in 2013, spent the year of 2014 under cover and was used lightly in 2015. The no expense spared approach to maintenance shows in his replacements and add-ons. She has been stored and cared for since his acquisition by one of the finest yards in New England.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.