1996 Hinckley Picnic Boat36'
Yarmouth, ME 04096Sell a boat like this
"The year was 1994. The vessel was Hinckley‘s 36 Picnic Boat. Yachting’s Oliver S. Moore III described the boat’s ride as “knife-through-butter smooth.” The model has since enjoyed a 22-year production run. Among the classic, extended pilothouse and MKIII versions, 491 hulls have been built." ~ Yachting
Sand Owl is a true New England boat through and through. Enjoying short in water seasons and long winters in storage, she presents as a much newer boat. While not perfect, Sand Owl is a very good example of this iconic Hinckley design. Priced below market to sell quickly, this is a great opportunity to own a well-maintained Hinckley Picnic Boat.
Speed & Distance
Hull and Deck
Hull is Kevlar-E-glass hybrid and balsa core, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core, molded with polyester resin. The deck and cockpit sole have a molded-in nonskid pattern. Stainless steel half round on solid fiberglass molded rub rail
- Blue Awlgrip
- Light Cream deck and cabin top
- White single boot stripe
- Green bottom
Deck and Equipment:
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Hinckley mast on cabin top
- Four (4) fixed elliptical ports in house sides.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Stern mounted varnished teak ensign pole and socket
- (3) Low profile opening aluminum hatches (2) in pilothouse and (1) in cabin top.
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern, and spring line 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Masthead and running lights
The cockpit has an insulated engine box with a white cushion. The (2) step teak boarding step mounts either port or starboard.
Aft settee seat has cushioned bottom and back upholstered in navy marine upholstery.
Stowage is available in cockpit lockers with varnished teak doors and there are (3) flush cockpit-sole hatches. The cockpit coming cap is varnished teak and there are (4) direct drainage scuppers.
Other features include:
- Aft settee seat with cushion back and bottom
- Teak cockpit coaming
- Teak heavy-duty swim platform with stainless steel brackets and half round
- Stainless steel folding swim ladder on swim platform
The pilothouse is finished in varnished teak as well as the helm dash and cockpit coaming. There are (4) fixed pilothouse windows with (2) heavy duty, electric, self-parking wipers and washers. The overhead is insulated and has two (2) halogen lights, and there is a teak locking companionway door with hatch.
Helm station has a varnished teak dash, stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim and engine controls and gauges. Blue colored adjustable helm seat with a stainless steel foot rest.
To port is a forward and aft facing seat for (2) upholstered in Sunbrella Navy with varnished teak locker door storage underneath.
An Ivory drop curtain with window provides fully enclosed pilothouse area.
- Raytheon 601XX chart plotter
- Raytheon RL9 LCD Radar
- Raytheon RP-650 autopilot with rate gyro-sensor
- Autohelm ST-50 Tri-data speed indicator, depth and trip meter
- Autohelm Compass steering display
- ICom IC-M506 marine VHF
- Ritchie ships compass
Pilot Salon Roof
- Raymarine closed array radar dome
- Raytheon Raystar 108 GPS antenna
- Raytheon Nav 398 GPS receiver
- AFI horn
- Autohelm transducer
The electrical system has a low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system. There is a Bass 12-volt distribution panel with thermal magnetic breakers, a voltmeter, and amp meter.
12 volt DC electrical system:
- (2) 12-Volt 4D batteries
- (2) Heavy duty battery parallel switches
- 80-Amp alternator
110 volt 30 amp AC electrical system:
- Shore power dockside electrical cable
- Guest 110 volt 30-amp battery charger
1996 Yanmar 6YLM-STE 350 HP diesel engine with Racor fuel filter, Hamilton 291 water jet-drive.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- High water temperature alarm
- Low oil pressure alarm
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Vetus 7” bow thruster with helm foot control
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- In-line 12-volt DC sump pump
- (2) Electric 1500 gph 12-volt electric bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump with handle in cockpit
- Aluminum 25 gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
Sand Owl sleeps two (2) comfortably and has a private head with shower and galley.
The interior is finished in satin varnished cherry, including hull sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly. There are (3) stainless steel 12-volt lamps and (2) Hella fans. Heater Craft heater has outlets in the main cabin, head and pilothouse.
There is an entertainment center with an Alpine TDA-7552 stereo AM/FM cassette receiver with remote Alpine CHM-S800 CD changer, and Poly Planer MA-4054-WS marine speakers.
At the bottom of the companionway steps to starboard is the head with a solid cherry privacy door. The under mounted porcelain sink rests in varnished cherry countertop. A molded fiberglass floor pan with drain allows for easy cleaning after showers. Storage in the head is provided by cherry-faced lockers above and outboard of the countertop and by a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head. There is forced ventilation.
- Opening stainless steel port-light
- (2) Chrome 12-volt lights
- Large vanity mirror
- Single-basin sink
- Pressure fresh water hot/cold mixing tap with pull out shower wand
- Sealand Vacu-Flush marine head
The v-berth is a double berth, with cushion upholstered in Chatham 4400 fabric which accentuates the varnished cherry interior. Forward is plenty of stowage in the sealed forepeak and under the forward V-berths. A hanging locker is just aft to starboard.
- Overhead opening deck hatch
- (2) Hella fans
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted to port and starboard on the forward bulkhead
- Fixed port-lights port and starboard
The galley is to port with an Antique White Formica countertop. Features include:
- Adler-Barbour refrigeration –12-volt cold plate refrigeration in a self draining base
- Stainless steel bowl wink with hot and cold pressure fresh water
- Force 10 stainless steel 2-burner stove with remote propane shut-off
- Pull-out under-counter garbage disposal container
The stove is set in the countertop forward, and there is ample counter space surrounding the sink and on the ice box set into the aft end of the countertop. An Adler Barbour cold-plate is mounted in a fully insulated, self-draining icebox on the aft end of the counter. At the forward end of the counter, to port is a shelved, lift-top/louvered door storage locker with stereo receiver over outboard. Storage is provided by lockers above and outboard the galley countertop and by a large locker under the sink that also has a pull-out trash bin.
Represented by a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB)
A Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) is recognized as having achieved the highest level of industry accreditation, available only to fully-qualified yacht sales professionals. The CPYB program is administered by Yacht Brokers Association of America in partnership with Florida Yacht Brokers Association, Northwest Yacht Brokers Association, California Yacht Brokers Association, Boating Ontario Dealers, British Columbia Yacht Brokers Association and Gulf Coast Yacht Brokers Association.
The CPYB program is also endorsed by the Marine Retailers Association of the Americas (MRAA) Marine Industry Certified Dealership (MICD) program and leading yacht manufacturers as a key component of their own industry standards; the highest level of achievement for their member yacht sales professionals.
Experience & Validity
The CPYB designation is earned by eligible yacht sales professionals, who, after serving a minimum of three years as a full-time professional, have successfully completed a comprehensive written examination to validate professional competency.
A CPYB is committed to their personal and professional development through continuing education, as mandated for CPYB recertification every three years.
Ethics & Standards
A CPYB adheres to, and is accountable to, a nationally recognized Code of Business Ethics and conducts yacht sales transactions in accordance with a stringent set of industry standards of practice.
A CPYB maintains a dedicated escrow/trust account to protect their client’s funds. A CPYB understands their fiduciary responsibility and obligations with respect to client funds.
A CPYB uses proven, industry-recognized transaction documents, which fully and clearly describe all terms and conditions of a transaction. Honesty & Integrity A CPYB maintains the highest standards of professionalism, acting with honesty and integrity.
Trust & Confidence
A CPYB instills confidence, trust and consistency in all transactions involving fellow yacht sales professionals for the benefit of the client.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Boat Trader, partnering with the most trusted boat loan provider Trident Funding, specializes in new and used boat loans and refinancing. With 30 years of experience, we can help you get boat financing anywhere in the United States. Get approved as fast as 24 hours!
As of March 2023, the best interest rates for boat loans typically start around 7.74%. These rates fluctuate with market conditions, inflation, and supply and demand. Borrowers with the highest credit scores and strongest overall financial profiles usually get the best boat loan rates. The higher your credit score, the lower your interest rate will be. The best boat interest rates are reserved for the most well qualified borrowers. A well qualified borrower will have an excellent credit score, a history of on-time payments, provable income, consistent employment history, and no recent bankruptcies or foreclosures.
- 2005 Beneteau Oceanis 523$350,000$350,000Harpswell, ME 04079East Coast Yacht Sales-Camden
- 1972 Jarvis Newman Surfhunter 25$225,000$225,000Rockland, ME 04841East Coast Yacht Sales-Camden
- 1998 Shannon 43 Cutter$215,000$215,000Harpswell, ME 04079East Coast Yacht Sales-Camden
- 1996 Azimut 54$290,000$290,000Harpswell, ME 04079East Coast Yacht Sales-Camden