1996 Morgan 41' Custom Charter "LADY BRETT"
The Morgan 41’ Custom is a no-nonsense sport-fishing battlewagon. The 41 Morgan has a reputation for being extremely sea worthy, strong and yet easy to maintain. “Lady Brett” is an excellent example of the 41 Morgan Custom built to be the best platform for a U.S.C.G. inspected Multi Passenger fishing vessel. This 41 was built and has been operated as a full time Charter Fishing Vessel since new. “Lady Brett” was built with the larger deckhouse with a partially enclosed wheelhouse with side clear drop curtains off the hardtop for natural ventilation. The head is located forward and large for a vessel of this size. The cockpit is very large and will accommodate multiple anglers at the same time.
Speed & Distance
This Morgan 41’ Custom Charter Boat is a fiberglass and wood constructed, open deck, multiple passenger carrying, fishing/cruising vessel. “Lady Brett” has a cuddy cabin forward with marine head and storage compartment. This 41’ Morgan has a partially enclosed wheelhouse. A fiberglass hardtop covers over 24 feet of open deck with clear side curtains. This is a U.S.C.G. inspected, multi-passenger vessel.
The single diesel engine has been renewed April 2019. The decks have good paint, and the equipment appears well organized and maintained.
The Morgan 41’ Custom is a no-nonsense sport-fishing battlewagon. The 41 Morgan has a reputation for being extremely sea worthy, strong and yet easy to maintain. “Lady Brett” is an excellent example of the 41 Morgan Custom built to be the best platform for a U.S.C.G. inspected Multi Passenger fishing vessel. This 41 was built and has been operated as a full time Charter Fishing Vessel since new. “Lady Brett” was built with the larger deck house with a partially enclosed wheelhouse with side opening windows and clear drop curtains off the hardtop for natural ventilation. The head is located forward and large for a vessel of this size. The cockpit is very large and will accommodate 24 anglers at the same time.
A removable aluminum step provides access to the forward cabin area. A marine head compartment with manual flush toilet is located to starboard. Built-in storage compartments are to port.
- BOW RAIL / STANCHIONS: Welded aluminum rails with a minimum height in the passenger area of 35 1/2", to U.S.C.G. specifications
- BOWSPRIT: Bowsprit is FRP, with Stainless Steel anchor chute
- SCUPPERS: Decks have five (5) 16" x 3' freeing ports. Provide adequate drainage for deck
- CLEATS: Six (6) 12" cast aluminum cleats, thru-bolted with aluminum backing plates. Six (6) Stainless Steel 10" cleats
- WINDLASS/GIPSY: EZ Anchor Puller, drum type windlass
- DECK BOX: Large FRP deck box used for Personal Flotation Device storage, mounted on deck in wheelhouse
- DECK SURFACE: Painted, with non-skid surface
- HATCHES: Two 21 1/2 " Bomar hatches located on foredeck
- GRABRAIL: Two aluminum grab rails mounted on wheelhouse top, one Port and one Stbd
- RE-BOARDING MEANS: Welded aluminum re-boarding ladder
ANCHORS: Approx. 60 lb Plow Type, with approx. 10 ft. of 7/16" galvanized chain and approx. 250 ft. of 3/4" nylon rode: Fair condition.
Propulsion and Electrical System
- Single six cylinder turbo-charged, after-cooled engine: BRAND NEW FPT Powertrain Technologies. C-Series C13 825 442 kw (600 HP ) @ 2400 rpm. INSTALLED 4/2019
- HORSEPOWER: 600 hp
- INDICATED HOURS: 50
- THROTTLE CONTROLS: Individual Morse cable controls for throttle and shift
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (D.C. SYSTEM) VOLTAGE: 12V
- BATTERIES: Two (2) size 8D AGM batteries
- MAIN BATTERY SWITCHES: Rotary type
- PANEL: Custom circuit breaker panel, located behind weather resistant panel
- CHARGING SYSTEM: Alternator on the main engine
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- VHF: Icom IC-M324
- GPS: Garmin GPS 152, and GPS Map 541s
- AUTO PILOT: Simrad AP16
- FISH FINDER: Sitex CVS-106L
- COMPASSES: Richie Power damp Plus
Safety Equipment - USCG
- PFD'S: Twenty four (24) Adult sized, USCG Type I PFD's with reflective tape and vessel name / Seven (7) Child sized, USCG Type I PFD's
- THROWABLE PFD'S: One (1) Type IV USCG approved throwable device with vessel name
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: Dry chemical type. Two (2) Type BC II, and one Type BC I hand-held fire extinguishers
- FIXED MOUNT EXTINGUISHER SYSTEM in machinery space
- VISUAL DISTRESS SIGNALS: The USCG required signal flares, expiration: November 2019
- SOUND DEVICES: Air Horn
- NAVIGATION LIGHTS: Sidelights and Anchor/Steaming lights
- LIFE RAFT: Jim Buoy Life Float 15 Person with float light and paddles, mounted on coach roof
- E.P.I.R.B.: ACR 406MHZ Cospas-Sar Sat. Has hydrostatic release
- BILGEWATER ALARM AND SAFETY SWITCHES
- FIRST AID KIT
- BILGE PUMPS LIST: Fwd pump is Rule 2000 w/ float switch. Midship pump is Rule 1500 w/ float switch. Aft pump is Rule 2000 w/ float switch
The Morgan 41’ Custom is a fully turnkey fishing charter business boat.
The Federal Reef Species and Federal Gulf Pelagic Species permits are available to be sold with the vessel for an additional $45,000. A Pelagic Federal Permit is no longer available to purchase. The only way to acquire a Pelagic Permit is to purchase an existing active permit directly from a permit holder. This permit adds a significant value for the purchaser of “Lady Brett.”
"Lady Brett" was recently (April 10, 2019) outfitted with a brand new FPT C-Series C-13 825 at 600 hp. She currently has only 50 hours on it and will be available for delivery July 1, 2019.