Boston, MASell a boat like this
MAKE US AN OFFER "AS IS - WHERE IS" - SELLER WANTS THIS BOAT GONE!
Libros is a three stateroom - two heads layout Beneteau Oceanis 400 cruising sloop. For the last several years she has served as her current owners apartment alternative in Boston Harbor. She has not actively been sailed since she arrived. Someone who is a little handy can get a great boat for below market value. Call today to get more details on this opportunity.
The owners cabin En Suite Head with toilet, shower, and sink vanity is forward. Two mirrors, cabin house skylight and overhead hatch make this bright and three lockers provide ample storage.
Just aft, the Owners Cabin has a double Pullman berth to stbd and a double dressing bench to port. Two hull windows, two opening portlights, and an overhead hatch provide air and light. Two large drawers, a hanging locker and shelves provide storage.
In the Main Salon, there is a large U-shaped settee to stbd and a bench on the centerline and there is a nice size dinette table.
The Galley runs along the port side of the main salon in an L-shape with lots of counter space, ample storage, a sink, propane stove, microwave, toaster oven, and refrigeration.
- Eno stainless steel two burner propane stove (not operating)
- Electric oven mounted below the stove
- Sea Frost BD 12 refrigeration with digital control, dual plate and water cooling - new (2015)
- Double brushed stainless steel sink
- GE turntable microwave oven
There is a forward facing Navigation Station to stbd with electrical breaker panels and some duplicated electronics.
The Aft Head is to port and has a manual marine toilet, sink vanity, shower, mirror, and opening portlight.
Two nearly symmetrical Aft Cabins to port and stbd have double berths, portlights that open, overhead hatch, curved plexi skylight into the cockpit, and hanging lockers and shelves.
The interior has a traditional flair with varnished teak and with a teak and holly look laminate sole.
- Raymarine ST 60+ Tridata at helm
- Raymarine ST 6002 Smart Pilot autopilot - display and control at helm
- Icom IC-M302 VHF radio at nav station
- Kenwood AM/FM/CD at nav station
- Cockpit binnacle compass
Mechanical - Electrical - Plumbing
- Perkinsl 4 cylinder diesel
- Single lever engine control
- Sea strainer
- Fuel filter and water strainer
- New Transmission and chatter plate (2013)
- New engine through hulls below companionway ladder (2015)
- New raw water pump for engine (2014)
- Note: engine stalled en route to Boston on delivery and needs service - hours 3,307 as of 2017 but meter not working now. Motor has not been run since 2017.
- 12vDC and 110vAC systems controlled by breaker panels at nav station
- Two 30 amp shore power cords and deck connectors
- Marine Air reverse cycle AC/heat with 16,000 btu in main salon and fwd and 5,000 btu unit for aft cabins (Note: aft unit reported not working and main unit reported to be loosing fluids - both need service)
- New stereo system and speakers (blue tooth, WiFi, CD) (2015)
- New wires to bow and stern lights (2015)
- New house batteries (2019)
- New battery charger (2014)
- Added Xantrex Freedom HF1800 inverter (2014)
- Added Xantrex digital battery monitor (2014)
- New Sea Frost BD12 dual plate refrigeration with two cold plates and raw water cooling system - makes ice - (2015
- New control switches and solenoid for anchor windlass (2013)
- Add windlass remote control switch by helm (2013)
- Hot and cold pressure water to head sinks, galley, and cockpit shower
- Two heads with manual Jabsco marine toilets - new - (2013)
- New head through hulls in fwd head (2015)
- New holding tank fwd head (2015)
- Y-valves for direct overboard discharge
- Seaward hot water heater heats off engine and shore power
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
Hull and Deck and Rigging
- Solid fiberglass hull - white with blue boot stripe and blue anti-fouling paint
- Cast iron keel with epoxy coating
- Integrated swim platform on transom with walk-through opening
Note: a wind storm caused damage to the port side stern rail section and port and stbd side lifelines need repair)
- White gel coat with white non-skid
- Aluminum toe rails
- Double anchor roller
- Lofrans electric anchor windlass with gypsy and capstan in closed anchor locker
- Bow and stern rails - stainless steel - need stern rail section port side
- Double lifelines with gates to port and stbd
- Five opening deck hatches
- Eight opening portlights
- Skylights into fwd head from cabin house and into aft cabins from cockpit
- Wood grab rails
- Genoa tracks inboard up on cabin house top
- Bow, midships, and stern cleats and chocks
- Main sheet traveler
- Dodger in blue Sunbrella
- Bimini in blue Sunbrella
- Sail cover in blue Sunbrella
- Two Lewmar # 48 two speed, self-tailing chrome primary winches
- Two Lewmar # 30 two speed, self-tailing chrome winches
- Clutch stoppers
- Stern seats on stern rails
- Cockpit table in white fiberglass with two leaves
- Stainless steel destroyer wheel
- Propane locker
- Dinghy davits - stainless steel
- Swim ladder mounted on swim platform
- Passive air vent in deck
- New acrylic companionway drop boards (2015)
- Note: teak panels lifting and need repair in cockpit seats
Rigging and Sails:
- Roller furling genoa furler
- Genoa with blue sun cover
- Classic main with blue sail cover
- Lazy Jacks for main
- Boom vang block and tackle
- Main sheet traveler
- Aluminum mast with double spreaders
- Masthead rig
- Stainless steel discontinuous rigging
- CQR anchor with 150' of chain (new 2013) and rope rode
- Coast Guard safety package
- Cockpit cushions
Manufacturer Provided Description
This second generation Oceanis is designed to provide her owners with plenty of cruising performance and comfort, blended with safety and true ease of handling. Her fin keel with bulb has a low center of gravity which allows her to sail efficiently on all points of sail while providing excellent stability. The large diameter, leather sheathed wheel, coupled to a counter-balanced rudder, provides precise and easy steerage under sail or when maneuvering under power in tight quarters. Application of Beneteau's patented Watershield System in the hull laminate provides protection against osmotic blistering. And by using a structural grid system in the hull, stiffness is ensured as well as correct rig and keel load distribution. In the interior, open spaces, fixed hull ports and skylights, many opening ports and hatches, provide an abundance of light and air. The galley is close at hand both to the cockpit and the salon so the chef is never far from the rest of the crew. The Oceanis 400 cockpit is a mastery of ergonomic design, giving plenty of elbow room to the largest of crews, whether underway or socializing around the cockpit table at the end of the day. High coamings provide plenty of back support and security for the crew. Genoa tracks and turning blocks are placed on the cabin top as is the mainsheet traveller. This positioning improves the sheeting angle of the genoa and enhances upwind performance. It also clears the side decks making them safer to use. The double spreader, furling mast has discontinuous rigging and forward lower shrouds. The furling mainsail is controlled by an inhaul and an outhaul line led aft to the maneuvering winch. All lines running aft from the mast to the cockpit are covered by a deck cowling. Genoa sheets and maneuvering lines are controlled by large self-tailing winches, and are used standing rather than sitting, making it easier for the crew. Rope tails are stored using tiebacks affixed to the coachroof. Lifeline gates are at maximum beam where they are most accessible. The anchor locker contains the standard manual anchor windlass and the below deck furling drum. The stemhead has two anchor rollers, one of which tilts and is balanced forward to allow easier lowering of the anchor. There is a single and double aft cabin version.
Manufacturer supplied Equipment List
Manufacturer std specifications description:
Oceanis 400 Specifications - Standard Equipment Deck Fittings - Anodized aluminum stemhead fitting with 2 rollers, one tilting - Anodized aluminum toerails - 4 anodized aluminum mooring cleats - 4 roller fairleads, aft and amidships - Aft anchor roller to port - SS bow pulpit with red-green navigation light - SS two part stern pushpit with removable lifeline, horseshoe buoy support and flagstaff holder - 24" stainless steel stanchions - Double SS lifelines with gates port and starboard - Self draining anchor locker with anchor rode eyestrap - Manual windlass recessed in anchor locker - 2 handrails on coachroof - Halyards and maneuvering lines led aft to cockpit under a deck cowling - 7 spinlock stoppers for halyards and maneuvering lines - 4 x 6", aluminum anodized cleats - 2 x 30CST maneuvering winches - 2 x 48CST genoa sheet winches - Mainsheet traveler on coachroof with adjusting lines - Coachhouse mounted genoa tracks with cars - 2 genoa sheet turning blocks on coachhouse - 2 sail and liferaft storage lockers in cockpit - Lazarette locker with access to steering quadrant - Teak slats on cockpit seating - Aft swim platform access door in transom - SS swim ladder with teak steps and hand hold - 2 equipment lockers in swim platform - Stern light on transom - Transom fender - Cockpit table - steering pedestal with: 2 folding leaves,table light insulated icebox with drain, hand hold, leather covered wheel, glassholder on pedestal, compass, engine instrument panel, single lever engine control panel for electronics - Stern pulpit seat Mast and Rigging - Anodized aluminum mast and boom - Double aft swept spreaders - In-mast mainsail furler - Genoa furler with drum recessed below deck - Mast step with halyard turning blocks - Anchorlight - Steaming light Standing Rigging - Stainless steel discontinuous rigging - Forestay - 2 backstays - 2 upper shrouds - 2 forward lower shrouds - 2 aft lower shrouds Running Rigging - Main halyard - Genoa halyard - Genoa sheets - Mainsheet - Main topping lift - Traveler control lines - Furler control line - Mainsail furling control lines Sails - Furling mainsail - 153% furling genoa with UV strip Forward Head - One piece molded head compartment - USCG approved marine head and holding tank - Sink with stainless towel bar - Hot and cold pressure water - Hand held shower - Electric shower sump pump - Storage cupboards - Mirror - Lewmar trimline opening hatch 18" x l2" - Roller blind - Fixed portlight - Opening port in coachhouse - Halogen lighting Owner's Cabin Forward - Double pullman berth to starboard - Shelves along hull side - 2 large drawers under berth - Settee to port - Hanging locker - Lewmar trimline opening hatch 20" x 15" - Roller blind - 2 Lewmar opening ports in coachroof with blinds - 2 fixed ports in hull - Dorade ventilator - Halogen lighting - Reading light Main Salon - U-shaped settee with water system access under aft end - Salon table with storage in center (Table folds down to form double berth) - Lockers and bottle storage along hull side - Handrail along coaming - Fixed hull port - Lewmar opening port 23" x 5" - Lewmar trimline opening hatch overhead 20" x 15" - Roller blinds - Halogen lighting overhead - Reading lamps Galley - 3 burner propane stove with oven and ss protection bar - Double SS sinks with hot and cold pressure water - Carving board fillers for sinks - Sea water foot pump with ice box drain system plumbed - Dish drainage locker - Insulated icebox with two baskets 6 cubic foot - 12 volt refrigerator in front loading compartment - 12 volt freezer in top loading compartment - Roll out grocery storage compartment - Trash can - Dust collection pan built into cockpit sole - Handrail on coaming - Fixed hull port - Lewmar opening port 12" x 5" - Lewmar trimline opening hatch 10 " x 10" - Roller blind - Halogen lighting - Neon light over working space - Curved portlight to cockpit Navigation Station and Salon - Large hanging locker - Aft facing chart table - Drawer and locker under table - Locker in chart table seat - Book rack and shelf - Hinged panel for electronics installation - Hinged multi function 12 volt electrical control panel - Fixed port in hull - Lewmar opening port 23" x 5", - Red - white night light - Handrail on coaming - Large storage cabinet Companionway - Plexiglas sliding hatch - Plexiglas hatch boards with vent - Aluminum hatch board frame - Fiberglass engine cover with molded wood steps and nonskid on treads - Engine access 2 handrails Aft Head to Port - One piece molded head compartment - USCG approved marine head and holding tank - Electric shower sump pump - Sink with stainless steel towel bar - Hot and cold pressure water - Hand held shower - Storage cupboards - Mirror - Lewmar 12" x 5" opening port with blind - Halogen lighting Aft Cabins - Double berth - Hanging locker - Storage lockers - Engine access panel - Lewmar trimline opening hatch 10" x 10" - 2 Lewmar opening ports 12" x 5" - One fixed portlight to cockpit - Blinds on hatches and ports - Halogen lighting Plumbing - Pressure water pump - Accumulator on pressure water system - Rigid water tanks 140 gallons - Shower at transom Electrical - 24 Function 12 volt electrical panel - Pressure water pump - Electric bilge pump - Accumulator tank on pressure water system - Water heater 12 gallons Engine Equipment - Perkins 50 Prima engine - Engine compartment insulation - Fuel capacity 41 gallons - Fuel gauge - Hourmeter - Tachometer - Engine alarms - 1 x 75 amp battery - 1 x 200 amp battery - Battery charger 110V-40 amps Miscellaneous - Winch handles - Owner's manual - Spare parts kit
Broker comments and Disclaimer
Libros has served her current owner well as a live-aboard apartment in Boston. He has not sailed her since moving the boat to the slip and there are projects and inspections any new owner should undertake before setting out on any long trip. Included in this list is work on the stern rail and lifelines, propane system, 110vAC outlets, air conditioning, and engine which stalled and which has not been run since 2017. Ideal buyer is someone who is handy and who wants a lot of boat and good bones for below market value. The seller is moving back on shore but is currently living aboard with his cat so personal gear is expected.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- 2019 Boston Whaler 380OR$649,000Newport, RICape Yachts at South Wharf - South Dartmouth, MA
- 2022 Beneteau Antarès 11Request a PriceSouth Dartmouth, MACape Yachts at South Wharf - South Dartmouth, MA
- 2022 Beneteau Gran Turismo 32$427,010South Dartmouth, MACape Yachts at South Wharf - South Dartmouth, MA
- 2022 MJM Yachts 53ziRequest a PriceSouth Dartmouth, MACape Yachts at South Wharf - South Dartmouth, MA