Mattapoisett, MA 02739Sell a boat like this
This Little Harbor 40 is a beautifully designed express cruiser by Ted Hood & Raymond Hunt.
Built by Little Harbor Yachts of Portsmouth, Rhode Island, ALLEGRO embodies that true New England style.
The vessel is constructed of fiberglass and has a deep-V design, which allows for comfortable day trips or extended cruising.
For fans of the Little Harbor design who prefer traditional direct twin propellor power rather than the jet drives found on most of this class, ALLEGRO is the yacht for you.
ALLEGRO has a very comfortable enclosed bridge deck complete with a teak sole, dual helm chairs, an L-shaped settee with newer cushions, and a removeable teak table. This area is protected from the elements with a hard top, the signature Little Harbor angled front and side windows, and zippered Eisinglass enclosure.
The aft cockpit has a teak sole, a wet bar with stainless-steel sink and bottle rack, a removable cocktail/picnic table, an aft-facing seat, a full width aft settee with an easily removable center bench to access the transom boarding door, and a fiberglass swim platform with ladder.
Removable Edson davits on the transom provide convenient dinghy storage while underway.
The expansive foredeck and anchor pulpit are easily accessed both port and starboard by wide side decks.
Below deck, the private V-berth forward is spacious, complete with teak built-ins and cedar-lined hanging lockers.
The main salon features an L-shaped galley to port with an undercounter refrigerator, two-burner electric stovetop, a Sharp microwave, granite countertops, stainless steel sink with H&C pressure water, and ample built-in storage.
Opposite the galley to starboard is a built-in settee which converts to two twin bunks, and a removable teak serving table.
Aft in the salon is an enclosed head with electric toilet to port, and a separate enclosed shower to starboard.
The entire space is well-lit, ventilated by multiple Hood ports and hatches, and cooled and heated by two-zone Marine Air air conditioning with reverse cycle heat in the cabin and bridge deck.
This claret red Little Harbor 40 is beautiful and she cruises at 24 to 26 knots, powered by two Cummins 380 HP turbo diesel engines.
Speed & Distance
Hull and Deck
- Cored fiberglass deck with two tone Awl Grip finish
- Cored fiberglass deep vee hull with Claret (red) Awl Grip 2016
- Fiberglass hard top on welded aluminum frame
- 2016 side & back curtains with heavy guage isenglass
- Teak overlay cockpit floor
- Stainless steel bow rail & hand rails
- Transom door and fiberglass swim platform with telescope swim ladder
- Anchor pulpit with rollers, Bruce 33 lb Stainless Steel anchor with chain and nylon rode Lewmar combination chain/rope gypsy electric windlass, wireless remote at helm
- Twin trumpet horn - Kellenberg
- Antenna mast on hard top with remote control spotlight, folds down
- (5) stainless steel hatches,
- (6) stainless steel opening ports with screens
- All cockpit upholstery replaced 2016 with cream color marine leather
- Electric windshield wipers
- Edson stainless steel removable davits
Engines and Mechanicals
- Repowered in 2010 with twin Cummins B series common rail turbo diesels - 534 hours
- Glendinning electronic engine controls and synchronizers
- 2015 four blade nybral propellors,
- bronze rudders
- Trim Tabs
- Electric bridge deck hatch lifts
- Racor fuel/water separators
- Bronze seacocks
- Bronze clear bowl sea water strainers
- (2) Marine Air air conditioners with reverse cycle heat in cabin & bridge deck
- Raymarine E120 GPS/Plotter-2020
- Raymarine Radar - RD424 HD Digital radome- Integrates with the E120 chartplotter-2022
- Garmin AIS, A & B
- Garmin VHF Radio
- Raymarine ST 60 Depth Sounder
- Raymarine ST 7002 Auto Pilot
- (2) Raymarine ST 60 Maxview displays
- Ritchie Compass
- Clarion Stereo/CD with cockpit control
- 12 volt, 110 volt systems Battery bank on/off switches, circuit breakers
- (4) 80 ah AGM house batteries
- (4) 80 ah engine start batteries
- 2020 Xantrex inverter/Charger
- Cockpit Flood lights & overhead lights
- Northern Lights 6kw/1800 RPM generator with sound shield box, 653 hours
- 2 zone air conditioning. Main salon and pilothouse
Additional Features and Equipment
- Cockpit Shower
- Docklines & Fenders
- Life Preservers
- Flagstaff & Ensign
- ice maker in cockpit - currently not functioning
- Brass clock & barometer
- Portable cockpit steps
- Removable Teak cockpit table
- " L "shaped galley with Granite counter tops
- two burner electric stove top
- microwave oven
- S.S. sink with pressure hot & cold water
- Under counter refrigeration
- Plenty of storage cabinets and drawers for cruising
- Great light & ventilation provided by stainless steel opening ports & hatch with screens.
- Sleeps four with one stateroom forward, and a convertible bunk settee
- . Her varnished Teak interior with Teak & Holly floor shine with good varnish work and classic Little Harbor interior craftsmanship.
- The large cockpit has a custom wet bar with ice maker, stainless sink with H&C water and bottle rack.
- An upholstered transom bench runs the full width across the stern; the center bench removes easily to access the transom boarding door”
- Transom door.
- The bridge deck is built with a hard top with side & back enclosure canvas
- L-shape settee across from the helm with a removable Teak table
- Helm & companion seats.
- Two overhead hatches and zipper windows provide good ventilation
- The roomy main cabin features a head compartment to port with electric toilet, vanity & sink, separate shower room to starboard also has vanity & sink
- The starboard side of main cabin has a full length settee that converts to upper & lower bunks for two
- The forward stateroom is well equipped and spacious with bureau and lockers to port, hanging locker to starboard. The vee berth with filler cushion is both large and equipped with recent inner spring mattress. Opening ports and overhead hatch provide excellent light & ventilation.
- 1988 Monk 36$84,500$84,500South Dartmouth, MA 02748Mattapoisett Yacht Sales
- 2017 Boston Whaler 315 Conquest$319,900$319,900Mattapoisett, MA 02739Mattapoisett Yacht Sales
- 2001 Hunter 340$49,900$49,900Mattapoisett, MA 02739Mattapoisett Yacht Sales
- 1994 Little Harbor LH 40$254,900$254,900Mattapoisett, MA 02739Mattapoisett Yacht Sales