Osterville, MA 02655Sell a boat like this
Built of cold-molded construction in 1988 by the famed Van Dam Yard in MI, "Patrician" is one of the most magnificent day sailers ever built. The vessel centers around its giant cockpit, providing ample space for guests and non-sailors with the helm aft within easy reach of the power winch sail controls. The gleaming, varnished mahogany and wide teak decks are accented by oversized polished stainless steel hardware. Extremely easy to handle by virtue of well placed powered winches, and twin screw propulsion when motoring. This modern classic is the perfect aesthetic blend of tradition with modern concepts. Below there is a head, galley area, full nav station with chart table and two large berths forward. Powered access hatches enable unencumbered access to the twin W46 Westerbeke engines. Beautifully maintained, this vessel is one of a kind and virtually turnkey ready for a Summer of enjoyment.
The layout of this Henry A. Scheel designed daysailer is centered upon the spacious cockpit area containing a cushioned lounge area, cushioned seating area, and large magnificent centerline teak table. This arrangement is perfect for entertaining family, friends, or colleagues while underway; regardless of their sailing ability. The mahogany brightwork, polished stainless steel deck fittings and hardware and teak deck provide a rich environment reminiscent of days gone by. The aft end of the cockpit is devoted to vessel controls and helm. Modern systems make this vessel truly convenient and easy to maneuver by only one or two people.
Below, the interior of the vessel hull, frames and structures are varnished to a magnificent finish which serves to show off both the incredible craftsmanship, as well as the overbuilt perfection of the hull construction itself.
Hull is cold-molded with (4) layers of 3/8" mahogany saturated in West System epoxy and then sheathed with (2) layers of 6 oz fiberglass cloth set with West System epoxy resin. The exterior finish is Awl-grip. Frames and keelson are laminated mahogany. The deck is thick teak laid over mahogany plywood. Coamings and all trim are perfectly executed mahogany joinerwork finished in varnish.
Note the original "Scheel Keel" was replaced by the 2nd Owner in order to improve upwind performance. This current keel is 18" deeper than the original, and was designed by the Sparkman and Stephens firm and cast by Mars Metal.
Engines and Mechanical:
The twin W46 Westerbeke Diesel engines are set on soft mounts, and connected to Aqua Drives to reduce vibration. Oversized 1 3/8' stainless prop shafts go through dripless Lasdrop shaft seals, and turn (2) 20" three blade feathering Maxprops.
Other features include:
- Twin engine panels at binnacle
- Bronze sea strainers
- Racor fuel filters each engine
- Oil changing pumps
- Pressure water system w/12 gallon hot water heater from engine or 110V
- Built in refrigerated cooler in cockpit
- Wilcox Crittenden Skipper Head
- Halon 1301 fire suppression system
- 12V DC/ 110AC :
- Custom panel at Nav station
- 90A Alternator each engine
- 60A Battery charger
- Battery bank #1 - (6) 6V Rolls batteries 675 AH
- Battery bank #2 - (4) 6V Rolls batteries 450 AH
- Shore power cord
Sails and Rigging:
Rondal aluminum mast and boom with discontinuous NavTec rod rigging and hydraulic roller furling. Both jib and main trim are operated via foot buttons at the helm. The backstay adjuster is a custom stainless steel self contained hydraulic unit. The manual boom vang is made of stainless steel by Abeking and Rasmussen.
All deck hardware including jib lead fittings are of stainless steel by Rondal. The sheet and outhaul electric winches are on either side of the cockpit abreast of the helm. North sails include: 100% jib, mainsail, asymmetrical spinnaker and storm jib.
- 45# Stainless plow anchor on stem in custom dual roller fitting
- 150' 7/16" HT stainless anchor chain
- 35# Danforth anchor
- Maxwell electric anchor windlass with foredeck and helm controls
- Electric winch on stern for stern anchoring or warping
- 48" Edson Wheel, leather wrapped
- Fresh water washdown
- (2) custom bright finished boat hooks in custom stow away holders near helm
- Dock lines and fenders
- (3) Stainless Dorade vents
- (6) Oversize stainless steel mooring cleats
- (4) deck prisms
Electronics and Navigation:
- B&G Network System wind/ speed/ depth at helm
- B&G repeater at nav station
- Furuno radar
- Icom ICM100 VHF at nav station
- Standard Horizon GPS Plotter at nav station
- Robertson Autopilot
- Stereo with deck speakers
- Sony TV/VCR
- Rudder angle indicator and Ritchie compass at helm
- (6) man liferaft
- 406 MHZ EPIRB
- Edson manual bilge pump
- Emergency suction valves on both engines
- 990 type II PFD
- (4) Type I inflatable harness PFD
- MOM 8A module
- Throw ring
- Strobe light
- Double life lines
- Emergency tiller
- (3) fire extinguishers
Professional and thorough service and maintenance since 2014. Annual winter preparation and varnish renewal as well as all other cosmetic and mechanical service performed annually. Stored inside heated building during winters. Professional captain aboard during sailing season.
- Fuel tanks pumped and cleaned via access ports. New fuel installed.
- Teak decks sanded and oiled to new condition
- All exterior brightwork professionally varnished
- Both engines with significant preventative maintenance service
- All sails cleaned and serviced by North as required
- Interior varnish cleaned and touched-up as required.
- All cushions professionally laundered and some additional cushions fabricated.
- Bottom painted and props coated with PropSpeed process.
- All winches torn down, cleaned, lubricated and reassembaled
- Replacement of many electronics components underway.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- 2016 Yellowfin 36$399,900$399,900Osterville, MA 02655Crosby Yacht Yard, Inc.
- 1988 Cape Dory Fly Bridge$27,900$27,900Osterville, MA 02655Crosby Yacht Yard, Inc.
- 1988 Van Dam Custom Daysailer$399,000$399,000Osterville, MA 02655Crosby Yacht Yard, Inc.
- 2017 Sea Hunt Gamefish 27$149,000$149,000Osterville, MA 02655Crosby Yacht Yard, Inc.