Noank, CTSell a boat like this
This is a well maintained and equipped cruiser. With both fore and aft staterooms, she has plenty of room for a family or two couples. She has a full galley and head with shower. Great swim step transom with swim ladder. This is a perfect boat to cruise the sound.
It is fair to say that O'Day saved its best for last. The 302 model was limited production model only
being built in 1988 and 1989. The O'Day brand would soon cease to exist shortly thereafter. The
design of this model still looks current and offers many desirable features which create a
comfortable, smartly laid-out, easily handled coastal cruising sailing vessel. S/V STEP UP has been lightly used, professionally maintained and is in fantastic condition.
Modern configeration with sleeping accomodations for 6. Double berth in aft stateroom with hanging locker. Two settee berths in main salon. Double forepeak berth. Drop leaf table in main salon.
- 2 deep cycle marine batteries
- Selector switch
- 30 amp shore power with cord
- AC/DC panel
- Battery charger
- Depthsounder - Datamarine Link 5000 (Needs Repair)
- Log-Speedometer - Datamarine Link 5000 (Needs Repair)
- Wind Speed and Direction - Datamarine Link 5000 (Needs Repair)
- Navigation Center
- Plotter - Garmin GPS 120
- Autopilot - Autohelm Wheel Pilot (Needs Repair)
- Radio - Jensen MCD-9424 stereo w/ two cabin speakers
- Compass - Ritchie Powerdamp
- GPS - Garmin GPS 120
- VHF - Apelco VHF 8500
- Battened Mainsail
- Furling Genoa - w/ Hood furler
- Electric Bilge Pump
- Oven - Origo 6000 two burner stove/oven
- Manual Bilge Pump
- Marine Head - Wilcox Crittenden HeadMate
- Hot Water
- 30 amp shore power with cord
Additional Equipment / Options
- Swim ladder
- Mainsail cover
- Genoa cover
- All sail controls lead aft to the cockpit
- Mainsail and 130% genoa replaced 2001
The O'Day 302 is known for impressive sailing characteristics, aided by its winged keel (dubbed
Hydrokeel) which noticeably improves windward performance. She is a "skinny water" boat
drawing less than 4'. The rig is easily handled assisted by an efficient hull design and spade
rudder. All sail control lines are led aft to the cockpit. On deck, a large cockpit, including an
oversized stainless destroyer wheel is complimented by ease of access forward assisted by double
lifelines and cabin top hand-holds. The interior is well-designed, spacious, light and comfortable
(see Accommodations section), In short, the 302 packs a very large amount of thoughtful design
and impressive sailing characteristics into an affordable package for the novice to experienced
- Sloop rigged w/ 1 x 19 stainless standing rigging and aluminum spars.
- Deck stepped mast w/ compression post.
- All sail control lines lead aft to the cockpit.
- Fico mainsheet traveler.
- Inboard genoa car tracks.
- Mainsail and 130% furling genoa replaced in 2000 and 2001.
- Two Barient 21 ST primary winches. One Barient 17 ST sail control line winch.
- Oversized stainless destroyer wheel.
- Winged Hydrokeel. (Keel was dropped and rebed.)
- Anchor roller w/ large anchor locker on foredeck.