New Bern, NC
1987 President 43 Motoryacht
The President 43 Motoryacht is a semi-displacement hull with a 20” keel capable of cruising easily at 10 knots or flying through the water at a reported 22 knots. The layout is excellent with large cabins and lots of outdoor lounging area. Wide side decks and high stainless steel railings make fore and aft maneuverability safe and easy. The interior has a teak and holly sole and teak cabinets and trim giving the interior a warm and cozy feel. With plenty of large windows with opening screens and overhead hatches the interior receives plenty of natural light and ventilation. Add the large and easy maneuverable engine compartment with President 43 is a must see for any trawler or motoryacht buyer. Excellent shape and no disappointments.
Speed & Distance
Access the boat through the port or starboard aft boarding gate and step onto the wide side decks. Fore and aft is easy and safe with high rails and cabin side handrails. Forward the cabin top offers sun cushion capability and easy access to the bottom gear and windlass. Walk aft and enter the aft deck. Plenty of room in the aft deck with two chairs, loveseat and storage box. There is a storage cabinet forward and built into the port wall. Centered is a three step ladder onto the flybridge. The helm is centered with a nice adjustable helm seat. All instrumentation and gauges are within easy reach and the view is outstanding with a panoramic exterior view. Aft and to port is an L-Shaped settee and to starboard is a settee. Access to the aft deck top is through the Eisenglass aft where there is a dingy davit and chocks.
Back to the aft deck and to starboard is access into the salon. A few steps down you enter the beautiful interior spaces. To port is two Stressless chairs with two ottomans and large storage cabinets along the sides. Forward is a bar with electrical and entertainment cabinet. Along the starboard side is a wicker chair with large storage cabinets along the side and a forward wet bar with stainless steel sink and water, ice maker and liquor storage. Access into the engine room is through a centered hatch or you can remove a total of nine hatches for complete access.
Down forward steps is the galley and dinette area. The large U-Shaped convertible dinette is to port with storage under the fore and aft seating. Across and starboard is the U-Shaped galley with plenty of food storage and preparation spaces. Further forward and to port is direct access into the head. All the way forward is access into the guest stateroom with port side bunk beds and private access into the head. Starboard is a settee and vanity with a hanging locker. A solid wood door separates the galley area from the stateroom.
Aft and to port in the salon is access to the master cabin. Down a few steps the master berth is offset with the head board to port. The private head is aft with a separate shower stall. Surrounding the head board area is a beautiful teak shelf with overhead cabinets. To starboard is a settee and additional storage and two large hanging lockers. Comfortable and large there is plenty of relaxation and storage.
The U-Shaped galley is located down and along the starboard side. Featuring ample countertop, storage, and food preparation space, the 43 galley will please even the most discriminating chef. The U-Shaped dinette is opposite the galley and seats a crowd.
- Formica countertops with teak fiddles
- Large 20” x 12” stainless steel sinks with faucet and sprayer
- Norcold refrigerator and freezer
- Galley Maid Empress electric stove and broiler with three burners
- Whirlpool microwave oven
- In the counter trash receptacle
- Ample storage cabinets and drawers
- U-Line stainless steel icemaker at wet bar in salon
The main electrical panel is located in the forward port salon cabinet with an additional 12-volt panel on the flybridge.
- 12-volt DC and 120-volt AC power
- Power distribution panel with circuit breakers
- DC voltage and AC voltage and amp meters at panel
- C-Charles 40-amp battery charger
- Fiberglass battery boxes with covers in engine compartment
- Westerbeke Model BT-8.0-614, 8.0 kW generator with sound shield in engine compartment
- (2) 30-amp shore power cords with splitter
- GFI protected receptacles
- 11-Gallon electric hot water heater
- Fusion MS-AV700 AM/FM/CD player with remote speakers
- Cruise-Air marine reverse cycle heating and air conditioning with manual controls
- Engine compartment aluminum bilge covers along center bilges
- Reverso oil exchanging system for engines, transmission and generator
- Vizio flat screen television in salon
- Single stainless steel trumpet horn
All electronics and within easy reach of the helm.
- Ritchie Powerdamp compass
- Standard Horizon Matrix VHF radio with DSC
- Garmin GPS Map 740S color chart plotter
- Garmin Echo-Map depth sounder
- Simrad AP-22 autopilot
- Raymarine Depth indicator
Excellent engine room access with nine opening hatches in the salon making maneuverability a snap.
- Ford Lehman 2728-T diesel engines, fresh water cooled with 1,800 hours
- Newage Conventry 2:1 marine transmissions (still in business with US parts)
- VDO engine panel with RPM, oil pressure, water temperature, and volt gauges and alarms
- VDO fuel tank gauge at helm
- Morse stainless steel engine and transmission controls
- Hydraulic steering with stainless steel destroyer type steering wheel
- Racor 900 MA primary fuel filters
- 2” Stainless steel shafts with conventional packing
- Bronze 24 x 24 propellers
- Fireboat fire suppression system
Deck and Hardware
- Fiberglass bow pulpit with single stainless steel anchor roller
- Simpson Lawrence electric windlass with foot and helm controls
- Fortress FX anchor with chain and rope rode
- Stainless steel stanchions and rails
- Port and starboard aft boarding gates
- Stainless steel handrails
- Stainless steel bow fender holders port and starboard for four fenders
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Bridge with Sunbrella blue bimini and four side enclosure
- Aft Deck with hard top and fiberglass side coaming
- Stainless steel dingy davit with dingy chocks on aft deck hard top
- Swim platform with folding stainless steel ladder
- Stern boarding gate with stainless steel ladder to swim platform
- Exterior teak trim on cabin sides
- Removable boarding ladder
- Storage box on aft deck
- Love seat and two chairs on aft deck
- Aft deck storage cabinet port side
- Aft deck teak bi-fold door into salon
Beautiful and ready to cruise with economical and dependable Ford Lehman engines.
Easy to see in New Bern, NC and in the water and ready to go. New Bern offers direct jet service from Charlotte, NC via American Airlines.
No disappointments. Priced for immediate sale.
- Owner's Personal Property and Tools
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- 2003 Monk 36 Trawler, Replaced Fuel Tanks$179,900New Bern, NCUnited Yacht Sales - South Carolina / North Carolina Area
- 1987 President 43 Motoryacht$59,900New Bern, NCUnited Yacht Sales - South Carolina / North Carolina Area
- 2004 Selene 53 Trawler$699,900Stuart, FLUnited Yacht Sales - South Carolina / North Carolina Area
- 1977 Hatteras 58 Motoryacht$179,900Charleston, SCUnited Yacht Sales - South Carolina / North Carolina Area