Dania Beach, FL
The Hylas 44' is a high quality cruising yacht with lovely lines drawn with a graceful sheer by renowned German Frers, providing exceptional performance with the ability to take you anywhere in the World. Her fine fit and finish is a result of the exceptional quality of the Queen Long yard, where the Hylas is built, and features a low center cockpit, wide side decks, a comfortable interior and excellent sailing performance. Her solid teak interior features highly detailed louvered locker fronts and dovetailed drawers, beautiful workmanship by her builder. Two spacious staterooms, a large salon with drop leaf table and a walk through galley provide exceptional interior living space - far larger than most of her contemporaries. The Hylas 44 can easily do the Intracoastal Waterway with its 63'5" mast clearance off the water.
“Moon Taxi” is a perfect live-aboard or long term cruiser and ready for Caribbean cruising now.
Accommodations Entry is into the main salon featuring a U-shaped settee that comfortably seats six around a drop leaf table. Across to starboard is a fore and aft settee designed to convert to a large double berth. Teak lockers and cabinets surround this area. Storage is located behind the sea backs on both sides of the salon. A liquor cabinet with storage below is to starboard and forward of the settee. The head is accessible to port from the salon area. Two opening hatches and large fixed windows make the salon bright and airy. Forward to starboard is a straight settee and to port is a U-shaped settee with folding dining table. Storage is outboard above the settees, and the settee converts into a double berth. Headroom is 6'4".
Aft to port is a navigation station with chart table, seat and storage.
Aft to starboard is a long walk-through galley. The galley is equipped with 3-burner Mariner propane stove with oven, microwave,New Grunert 12v refrigeration and freezer, and double stainless steel galley sinks.
The master stateroom is aft and is accessed to starboard via the galley. There is a centerline queen berth with hanging locker and storage. There is a private aft head to port, and its separate shower stall can also be accessed from the navigation station area.
Forward is the guest stateroom with double berth, hanging locker and storage. There is a head with shower forward.
- (3) (New) 4D AGM Batteries, 600 total amp hours
- (New) Starter battery
- Battery charger
- Proline 2000 Inverter
- Amptech S125SE alternator
- Dockside electrical cable, 30 amp, 50' adaptor 50
- (4) 120 watt Astropower solar panels
- Transformer to convert 30 amp to 220 for euro cruising
Electronics & Navigation
- Autohelm 6000 autopilot
- 6" Compass
- Garmin 740s GPS/Depthsounder
- Raytheon R10 Rasterscan at lower helm, 16 mile
- Icom M502 VHF radio
- Raytheon 220 VHF radio
- Icom M710 SSB radio
- B & G Wind speed indicator
Engine Details & Mechanical
- 1994 Yanmar 62 hp Turbo Diesel
- Cockpit engine controls
- Engine alarm
- (3) Aluminum fuel tanks, 90 gallons
- New Maxprop, New shaft & cutlass bearing
- (3) Handheld fire extinguishers
- Eastern Air 16,000 BTU air conditioning
- (4) 12 volt Cabin fans
- (2) manual heads
- (2) Holding tanks
- Engine-driven or 110v hot water heat exchanger
- Pressure water system
- Edson manual wheel steering
Sails & Rigging
- Cruise equipped
- Aluminum keel-stepped sloop rig, inspected in 2019
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Leisure Furl mainsail roller furling
- Furlex jib furling
- Hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Manual boom vang
- Aluminum spinnaker pole
- 9 Winches: Barient 24s, 32s, Andersen 24s, Harken Electric Main
- Sail Area = 864 sq.ft.
- Hathaway Reiser mainsail
- Hathaway Reiser 130% #1 Genoa
- UK Staysail
- Neil Pryde spinnaker
- UK storm jib
Deck & Hull
- 45 lb. CQR anchor
- 45 lb. Danforth anchor
- 300' Anchor BBB line/chain
- Maxwell bow roller
- Maxwell windlass
- Side stanchions with double lifelines, port & starboard gates
- Bow & stern pulpit and rails
- Swim ladder
- Companionway & 5 opening hatches
- 14 Opening ports
- 3 cockpit cushions
- Folding cockpit table
- 2006 Magma BBQ
- Custom clear-sided full cockpit dodger-bimini enclosure
- USCG approved safety package for 4 persons
- 4 Life jackets
- 2 PFDs
- Whistle & horn
- Radar reflector
- 2 Boat hooks
- 4 Flares
- MOM man overboard system
- Apex dingy w/15hp Yamaha outboard
- Docking, navigation & spreader lights
- Search light
- NEW 6 Man REVERE Liferaft
- Registered EPIRB
- NEW Flares
- Rigging INSPECTED in June 2019- no recommendations for any repair.
Construction & Finish The hull is crafted of hand laminated fiberglass with sandwich core construction. Fin Keel and skeg mounted rudder. The hull and deck are white.
Comments The Hylas 44 has proven to be one of the best all round cruisers in the mid-40's size range. It is a fast, seaworthy sailor.
The Hylas 44 from designer German Frers is a center cockpit offshore cruiser known for her great looks, low profile and build quality by Queen Long Marine of Taiwan. Introduced in 1984 production spanned eight years before evolving into the Hylas 45.5 and then the Hylas 46 both also German Frers designs. Hylas 44s are prized by offshore sailors for their accommodating layout, sea kindly motion and easily driven hull, she carries her maximum beam well aft allowing for a spacious and comfortable aft cabin and great stability off the wind.
The lines drawn by renowned German Frers are lovely with a graceful sheer. The 44s are very strong and rugged, and have logged hundreds of thousands of miles of offshore cruising.
The comfortable two stateroom, two head interior, and large galley and salon result in an efficient offshore layout as well as a superb live-aboard and coastal cruiser. The Hylas 44 can do the Intracoastal Waterway with its 63'5" mast clearance off the water.
This 44 is fantastically equipped with nearly every extra and option that cruisers and offshore cruisers dream of.