Don't let her age fool you!
Footloose is an extremely well kept Pearson 36-2 which has been lovingly cared for by her ORIGINAL owners since new! This comfortable couples cruiser has it all - a simple deck plan that's easy to maneuver, generous below deck accommodations, and fantastic sailing capabilities that put her at the head of the pack on race day.
Call the listing broker to come see for yourself what a gem this boat is!
Those of you moving up from a mid 20' to 30' sailboat will find the interior arrangements of the 36-2 downright luxurious. Two separate (and totally private) staterooms with a head that can be used by either party without disturbing the other. The v-berth cabin provides good standing headroom and enough space to dress and change in comfort. There is a good-sized hanging locker to starboard and a chest of drawers to port. To starboard aft is the second cabin with a truly queen-sized double berth and another hanging locker.
The main salon has a U-shaped dinette to starboard, which will seat several adults comfortably and converts to a double berth if needed. To port is a straight settee, followed by a navigation station and wet locker. The L-shaped galley is aft of the dinette and has a double sink, top-loading ice box, and propane stove and oven.
There's a surprising amount of storage throughout the boat with plenty of spaces to stow away provisions for a longer cruise or keep all of those "boat things" organized and out of sight. You'll get great ventilation inside from the 8 opening ports, 2 large overhead hatches and dorade vents. When it's too hot dockside in the summer, turn on the AC for some relief from the heat.
The interior joinery, fabrics and hard goods in this Person 36-2 are in excellent shape. It's hard to tell that they are original. Her original owners have gone to great lengths to baby this boat and it shows. It's like a time capsule from 1986 - in the best way!
- 16,000 BTU Cruise Air AC/Heat (2008) ducted to forward cabin and salon
- Excellent storage
- New portlights on port and starboard installed 2021. Others were rebedded
- 12V fans throughout
- Solar fan on overhead salon hatch
- Kerosene lamps on bulkhead (that still work!)
- Great access to chainplates
- This boat is super clean and shows well. It's hard to believe that a boat of this age has held up so well for all of these years.
Deck and Hull
- White gelcoat hull with blue cove stripe and molded in blue boot stripe
- The hull is constructed of a solid fiberglass, while the deck and cabin structure utilize end-grain balsa core between fiberglass laminates for added strength and rigidity
- Spade rudder
- Fixed lead keel at 6'6" draft
- Bottom sanded and painted Spring 2022 w/ ablative paint
- Bottom soda blasted and barrier coated (2009). Indicator coat in red paint applied under bottom paint so that you'll know when your bottom paint needs refreshing
- Non-Skid deck
- Some crazing on the coach roof top, which is commonly found on Pearsons. Cabin top hardware has been periodically removed and rebedded, including grab rails, babystay plate, unused centerboard plate and overhead hatches.
- Teak toe rail, hand rails, companionway hatch boards, folding cockpit table and drink holders. All teak varnished in 2021 and looks fantastic!
- New cabin top grab rails (2021)
- Some stanchions rebedded (2021)
- Comfortable cockpit with raised helm seat for better visibility and bench seats that are 7'6" - long enough to lay down for a nap at anchor!
- Double bow rail; split stern rail for easy access to the swim ladder
- Double lifelines with boarding gates port and starboard
- Wide and unobstructed foredeck with anchor locker for line storage
- 25# Plow anchor as primary. Secondary Danforth anchor in lazarette locker
- Large cockpit lazarette to port for storage
- Bimini, helm cover and mainsail cover (2015)
- Dodger with eisinglass panels (2020)
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit grill
- (4) Defender throwable cushions (2018)
- 2013 8'6" West Marine inflatable tender and 1986 4HP Yamaha 2-stroke outboard (not used in 3 years; winterized)
Sails and Rigging
- Battened Mainsail (original)
- 135% furling Genoa (2009)
- Spinnaker halyard (no sail)
- Mainsail and Genoa were refurbished by Quantum in 2020
- New halyards (2020)
- Mast pulled, new head sheaves, spreader boots, mast electrical wiring (2020)
- Double spreader masthead rig
- Keel stepped mast
- Jib halyard with Lewmar #16 winch and cleat on mast
- Main halyard with Lewmar #16 winch and cleat on mast
- Reefing lines with Lewmar winch and cleat on mast
- (1) Lewmar #30ST Mainsheet winch
- (2) Lewmar #48ST Genoa winches
- Winches cleaned and serviced (2020)
- Fixed babystay with roller
- Deck light added (2020)
- Garmin GPS Map 492 at helm
- Datamarine apparent wind at helm
- Datamarine depth at helm
- Datamarine speed/distance at helm
- Autohelm wheel autopilot
- Horizon VHF at Nav Station
- Datamarine distance at Nav Station
- Furuno LC-90 at Nav Station
- 30HP Yanmar engine (model 3HM35F)
- Engine hours unknown (Engine hour meter was not standard at factory. Owners added an hour meter in 2019, currently reading 75 hours)
- Engine panel with alarms, tachometer, temperature and oil pressure gauges
- New fuel/water separator (2017)
- Throttle cable replaced (2020)
- Engine strainer replaced (2020)
- Fantastic engine access under galley sink
- 2 blade fixed propeller
- 22 gallon aluminum fuel tank
Plumbing and Electrical
- 100 gallon fresh water capacity split between 2 tanks - one fore and one aft
- Hot/cold pressure water system
- Hot water heater
- Shower sump pump
- Freshwater pump (2022)
- Bronze ball valves on all thru-hulls
- Auto bilge pump; manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Bilge switch replaced (2020)
- Shore power system with breakers at nav station
- 12V electrical system
- (2) batteries - 90 Amp hours (Lead Acid - 2019)
- Battery Charger (2019)
- Galvanic Isolator (2013)
- Reverse cycle heat / air installed 2008. Ducted to forward cabin and salon
At first one may think a 1986 boat may be too old of a vintage for them. Boats of a certain age tend to fall into a sad state if they've had owners who are not as attentive as they should be. Honestly, this is what I tend to assume as well. However, Footloose has proved me wrong! I nearly walked past it the first time I saw it, mistaking it for a much newer boat. Imagine my pleasant surprise!
Her original owners have done such a fantastic job of keeping her in near Bristol shape and it shows the moment you step onboard. Everything is original and has been preserved and maintained in such a way that it looks like its fresh from the factory. It's incredible. These are the type of owners who have everything neatly labeled, stored and organized, with a maintenance schedule and records to pass along to her next owner. It's true that every owner loves their boat, but to these owners, Footloose was their baby and it shows.
Owners personal effects do not convey with the sale. There are lots of spares and other boat related items collected over many years that will convey. A 2013 8'6" West Marine inflatable tender and 1986 4HP Yamaha 2-stroke outboard (not used in 3 years; winterized) will also convey with the sale.
Boat Trader, partnering with the most trusted boat loan provider Trident Funding, specializes in new and used boat loans and refinancing. With 30 years of experience, we can help you get boat financing anywhere in the United States. Get approved as fast as 24 hours!
As of March 2023, the best interest rates for boat loans typically start around 7.74%. These rates fluctuate with market conditions, inflation, and supply and demand. Borrowers with the highest credit scores and strongest overall financial profiles usually get the best boat loan rates. The higher your credit score, the lower your interest rate will be. The best boat interest rates are reserved for the most well qualified borrowers. A well qualified borrower will have an excellent credit score, a history of on-time payments, provable income, consistent employment history, and no recent bankruptcies or foreclosures.
- 2001 Four Winns 210 Horizon$19,900$19,900Annapolis, MDYacht Brokers of Annapolis
- 1996 Freedom 40/40$124,900$124,900Tracys Landing, MD 20779Yacht Brokers of Annapolis
- 2006 Sea Ray 280 Sundancer$69,900$69,900Severna Park, MDYacht Brokers of Annapolis
- 2016 Chaparral 337SSX$194,900$194,900Cambridge, MDYacht Brokers of Annapolis