Tortola, VG VG1110Sell a boat like this
Paste this link into your browser to view virtual tour:
Speed & Distance
It seems that many yacht listings start with a general description of "Refit, Updated, Rebuilt, or re-engineered".....In the case of EAGLES NEST, the term refit takes on an entirely new meaning. As you read details of the comprehensive total refit conducted on EAGLES NEST in 2017/2018, you will understand the commitment and attention to details that the current owners of this very successful world cruiser have made. Every category that the project has taken on, complete exterior, from the top of the mast to bottom of the keel, sails, rigging, total electrical system, plumbing, tankage, lighting, electronics, entertainment system, thrusters, every category has been addressed and brought up to the highest standard possible!!
Under previous ownership, EAGLES NEST was sailed around the world by a retired couple and endured every type of sea and wind condition in all oceans of the world. The yacht was originally custom built in 1986, with the intent to do exactly that.....Now, she is ready to embark on another adventure cruise or enter into the charter business with one of the best layouts of any sailboat under 100 ft. Now offering totally new modern systems and state of the art technology throughout, you must schedule a visit to appreciate what this recreation represents.... You will not be disappointed, and she will exceed your expectations for sure!
Updates 2021 / 2022
In their never-ending quest to refine numerous systems on board EAGLES NEST, these owners have addressed updates in refrigeration, rigging, entertainment, interior soft goods, canvas, generators, and general engine room ease of use.... In other words, fine tuning details after the complete refit to just make this design better every day!!
In an ongoing effort to keep EAGLES NEST in a constant state of readiness, from July 2021 to July 2022 the following updates were performed at Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding in Maine:
• Full service of Caterpillar main engine and both Northern Light 20KW generators
• Prop shaft removed, crack tested and trued with new bearings and Tides Marine shaft seal
• Vari-Prop serviced at the factory
• Full rebuild of rudder, shaft, bearings and update of hydraulic steering systems
• Detailed paint touch up of entire boat exterior, mast, boot top stripe and complete exterior wax
• New exterior varnish
• Teak deck re caulked and sanded
• Electronics serviced and updated including autopilot hydraulics and electrical systems
• Full mast rewiring and rod rigging inspection during Winter storage plus full service of all furling systems
• Sails washed and serviced
• New bottom paint and Prop Speed on shaft, prop, and strut
• All thru hulls serviced, water maker serviced and Life Raft recertification
The first impression of being aboard EAGLES NEST is from her wonderfully spacious areas. Seating for 12 persons in the sheltered, enclosable cockpit (10’ x 10’) with fixed, drop leaf dining table. Decks are clear, wide and of natural teak. The main salon is below, forward from the cockpit, all varnished teak and huge (16’ x 20’). The navigation/communication station is here, aft to port. Bar and entertainment center are aft to starboard. Lounge seating for three to starboard plus ample room for the two easy chairs with adjacent cocktail table. Breakfast bar is
forward to starboard and open to the galley. Port side has dining table with seating for up to 10. All built‐in cabinetry, furniture, and trim is of varnished teak. Three large staterooms aft, each ensuite with bath. Galley, laundry room, lounge, and two crew cabins are forward. Headroom averages 6’6”.
EAGLES NEST was created as a quality performance sailing yacht with the spacious accommodations of a motor yacht. She has excellent sailing qualities, good range under power, moderate displacement, and draft with ease of handling from her comfortable, sheltered cockpit. Traditional teak interior.
EAGLES NEST is an 80’ sailing auxiliary center cockpit cutter. Hull and deck of glass reinforced core construction. Internal lead ballast, modified fin keel and Skeg hung rudder. Exterior finish is white Awlgrip (2017), teak decks, and teak oval cap rails and trim are varnished. Center cockpit pedestal hydraulic steering with 47” teak rim Destroyer type wheel.
U‐shaped settee to port surrounds a large table and bench settee to starboard with coffee table and two arm chairs. Television is aft to starboard and entertainment center to starboard with bar & two stools. Wet bar to starboard aft includes sink bottle storage & U Line ice maker.
Forward of the salon is a U‐shaped galley to starboard with a dinette located opposite the galley with pantry alongside. Laundry room is opposite to port with Miele washer/dryer. Sole is varnished teak.
• Refrigerator/freezer Grunert, A/C (New 2018) (Holding plate) - Total 2020 update of entire AC / DC systems
• Stove/Oven 110v stovetop with separate oven/broiler with 4‐burners (IH Induction 2017)
• Enclosed laundry has Miele washer/dryer (2017)
• Microwave/convection GE (2017)
• Dishwasher Kitchen Aid (2017)
• Double sink stainless‐steel
• Countertops (New 2018)
• Pantry/laundry room completely redone during 2017/2018 refit
The full beam master stateroom has walkaround queen size berth flanked to starboard by settee and two chests of drawers, entertainment center is forward. Double door cedar-lined hanging locker and ensuite bath with tub are port side. Average headroom is 6’6”. The hand worked teak interior, with curves at every intersection, lends a warm traditional feeling.
Guest Stateroom, Port
Located port with queen size berth. Built‐in bureau, cedar-lined hanging locker, bath with sink and stall shower. Head is Head Hunter power flush. Individual air conditioning, TV, large mirror, telephone/intercom and port lights.
Guest Stateroom, Starboard
Located starboard with twin size lower berths. Built‐in bureau, cedar-lined hanging locker, bath with sink and stall shower. Head is Head Hunter power flush. Individual air conditioning, TV, large mirror, telephone/intercom and port lights.
Two crew cabins forward, both port and starboard. Starboard has double sized berth and port had upper and lower berths. Both have air conditioning, TV, fan, port lights, overhead vent hatch, speakers, cedar-lined hanging locker, 7' headroom, are varnished teak with teak and holly sole and door to head. Head is fitted with stall shower, sink, and Head Hunter power flush head.
All AC/DC wiring completely replaced during 2017/18 refit.
New AC/DC panel (2018), including 12V, 24V, 110V, and 220V, wiring and Lumitec LED lights throughout. New batteries and boxes, Mastervolt inverters, Mastervolt battery chargers, (2) 20 kW Northern Lights generators with aluminum hush boxes, updated and serviced in 2022.
• Dometic air conditioning, 9 new zones in 2017/2018
• Category 5 new wiring throughout boat
• Shore power (2) 50‐amp 240v, outlets port and starboard, shore power Batteries (16 AGM-8D)
• New AGM 8 D’s for 24v to power system hydraulics for winches, anchor, windlass, and inverters.
• Battery charging by 24v Lestek 80‐amp alternator and 12v Leece Neville 120‐amp alternator
• Generators (2) 20Kw Northern Lights, 1800 rpm
• (3) Inverters Mastervolt 24/4000 and NEW 2017/18
• Battery charging by 24v 80‐amp Sentry constavolt and 12v 100‐amp Sentry constavolt
• AGM batteries new 2017/2018. (10‐house, 2‐genset, 2‐bow thruster)
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
• All new equipment installed in 2018: 18” flat screen monitor at bridge console, flat screen monitor at chart table, 8 flat screen TV's, sonar, air horn system, and Garmin instruments.
• GPS/Plotter Garmin 7608 with 18” display and repeater (2017)
• Nobeltec back-up nav system in PC tower (Nav Station)
• (2) Garmin 7608 Radars
• Simrad AP24 Autopilot (Updated in 2022)
• All electronics duplicated at helm and nav station
• KVH Intellian SAT Phone/TV system (2018)
• (3) Garmin GFS10 VHF radios
• Garmin sonar (2018)
• VHF radio antenna one at spreader and one masthead
• (2) Garmin wind indictors digital wind and speed (2018)
• Garmin Depth sounder (2017)
• Garmin Speed log (2017)
• Garmin Repeater (2017)
• Samsung flat screen TV (salon) (2018) (Plus each cabin and cockpit)
• Samsung flat screen TV (master stateroom) (2018)
• Samsung Bose surround sound, salon and throughout entire boat with new subwoofer and amplifier in 2020
• Bose speakers in each cabin (2018)
• Bose Speakers in cockpit with Denon Lexual receiver in cockpit (2018)
• Dell Computer, flat screen monitor, with printer (2018)
• Clock and barometer – Weems and Plath (master stateroom)
• Clock and barometer – Chelsea (salon)
• SAT phone – KVH track phone (2018)
• Paper charts for all cruising areas
Hull and Structure
Hull Construction: Molded fiberglass with cored bottom and hull sides
Bottom: In 2017 bottom was peeled, dried, and coated with four coats of Interlux 2000. Trinidad 75 anti-fouling applied at that time. (New bottom paint 2022)
August 2018: Boat hauled, 3 coats of bottom paint, new shaft, bearings, new 4-blade, underwater adjustable feathering Vari-Prop installed. (Prop serviced 2022)
2017/2018: All through-hulls and sea valves replaced with Marilon composites, except two large bronze raw water inlets for the sea chest. (Serviced 2022)
All hoses and hose clamps replaced at that time. All metallic fittings properly bonded and protected with zincs.
Topsides: Newly painted in 18 with Awlcraft 2000 Matterhorn White.
Hatches: New stainless Manship replaced in 2018
Port and windows: Stainless steel, all replaced 2018
Safety and Fire Protection
Viking 10‐person life raft (2018) (Inspected 2022)
(12) Life jackets –Type II (New)
(4) Portable fire extinguishers (2018)
(2) Fireboy Halon automatic (2018)
(2) MarQuipt Boarding ladders
(2) MOB, with lights on stern rail
High water bilge alarm
Varnished teak chart table with hinged lid and swivel chair.
New A/C, D/C electrical panel (2018)
Sails storage, lines, chain locker with access via foredeck hatch.
Spars and Rigging
Spars are aluminum by Hood. Internal furling mast has Hood Yacht System hydraulic furler. Headstay and inner stay sails have Hood Yacht System hydraulic furlers. Standing rigging is new Nitronic 50 rod rigging. Stainless steel flat bar chain plates. Hydraulic boom vang and backstay adjuster by Nav Tec. Navtec back stays share the manual hydraulic system with the boom vang. Running rigging is high tech aramid fibers with double braid covers. Mast clearance is 113 ft including antennae. All lights converted t LED and antennas were replaced new in 2017. Mast painted, rigging replaced 2017/2018 and inspected in 2021 / 2022.
• All winches rebuilt 2017/2018
• (2) Barient halyard winches –28+, 2 speed
• (2) Barient 736, 2‐speed stay sail sheet winches
• (2) Barient system 10ST, 4‐speed, hydraulic primary winches
• (2) Barient 32, 2‐speed Halyard winches
• (1) Barient 736, 4‐speed, hydraulic main sheet winch
• (4) Dorade vents
• Maxwell 3500 hydraulic windlass with two horizontal capstans and chain gypsies (rebuilt 2017)
• Hydraulic pump for winches (New 2018)
• Internal halyards replaced in 2020
• Complete rig inspection 2022
• Hydraulic steering rebuilt 2021
• New dive compressor 2018
• Massive storage for cruising gear
This hardtop protected cockpit is completely enclosed, allowing for air conditioning and heat for all season comfort and safety. Sit back in the new Llebroc pedestal mounted chair, tune up the thousands of entertainment library offerings either on TV, video films, or Sirius Sound and enjoy the ride.
The folding table seats 6 for dinner or lunch with the remaining area seating 12 for underway sailing.
Winches and control lines lead to the cockpit area for short handed sailing.
Giant Plotter/radar/instrument displays, including analog engine room monitoring & cameras.
Sails and Canvas
• Doyle Main, staysail, Genoa, all replaced new in 2017/2018 / cleaned and inspected 2022
• Cruising spinnaker (2018) (3800 sq ft)
• (1) Dacron Furling main, 1362 sq. ft
• (1) Dacron Furling 130% Genoa, 1631 sq. ft
• (1) Set hard top clear enclosure curtains (2018)
• (1) Dacron Furling staysail, 850 sq ft
• (1) Set, 11 pieces, cockpit cushions, Sunbrella covered open cell foam (2018)
• (1) Llebroc Helm seat, New 2018
(1) Stainless steel double bow roller
(1) Danforth 90# high tensile anchor
(1) CQR 145# anchor w/350’ of ½” BBB chain (new)
(1) CQR 105# anchor w/300’ of ½” BBB chain (new)
(2) 300’ x 1 inch, three strand, nylon rodes
Fenders, dock lines
Engine and Mechanical
Engine room: In 2018, everything in the engine room was removed, painted, re-wired, re-insulated, and re-engineered to as new condition!!
Engine: 3208 Caterpillar 325 HP NOTE: In October of 2018, complete rebuilding with all new warrantied Caterpillar parts, now updated and certified to Tier 3.5 specs.
The only remaining original Caterpillar part is the block itself, and absolutely everything is new with only 650 hours of use. (Detailed receipts available)
Transmission: Twin Disc MG 506, 1.97:1 ratio. Completely rebuilt in 2018 with 650 hours of use.
In 2018, the complete cooling system, exhaust system, charging system, motor mounts, and PSS Dripless stuffing box was replaced.
Steering System: Wagner hydraulic steering, completely rebuilt in 2018 with single lever control at helm.
Gauges: Displayed on the Garmin screens pus new VDO analog gauges at the helm and engine room.
Oil change pump new
Seafari 60 GPS watermaker new 2018 / serviced 2022
Bow/stern thrusters *New 2018 (Bow: Side Power 48V, stern: jet thruster aft.
(2) Saddle, GRP, approx. 400 gallons each, total 800 gallons
Three tanks, one aluminum, under galley for crew, 125 gallons. Two, GRP, beneath guest berths, approx. 300 gallons each, total 725 gallons
Seafari 60 gph watermaker, new 2018
One and five eights inch, engine driven bilge pump for emergencies, (1) submersible, centrifugal of 2800 capacity with float switches. Sea Chest supplied by two large seacocks.
(1)24v non‐submersible bilge pump w/float switch and alarm
Tender: Avon 17' RIB (2017) with Yamaha 40 hp and VHF, stereo, and extra fuel tankage (12-gallons)
Fishing rod holders
(2) Worthington aluminum propane tanks, new 2018
Dive compressor, 220v, new 2018
Considered perhaps the finest layout ever in an 80’ cruising auxiliary, EAGLES NEST is an excellent performing sailing vessel with the ability to motor sail through the lulls. Notably dry at all times within the enclosable cockpit. Handling under sail is made a pleasure with hydraulic winches and hydraulic roller furling sails. In fair weather, sailing with the sheltered cockpit wide open, there is no greater enjoyment. Her combined good looks, wonderful interior and fine performance makes EAGLES NEST an excellent choice for short hand cruising or sailing with a
large family. She also would prove to be a well‐received yacht for the charter industry.
With the total update of the Caterpillar “New Generation” Cat 3.5 rated clean efficient diesel, “Eagles Nest” now has a range of 1,800 miles plus just under power alone…not to mention motor sailing the boat to any destination you desire.
Think of this recreation essentially as the total modernization of a fantastic design from the 80’s with comfortable sailing speeds of 10.5 knots plus for long continuous passages in all oceans of the world…You name it, this vessel has been there and now the perfect choice to do it again, but certainly in a more efficient, comfortable manner.
- 2022 Outback Yachts 50$1,681,565$1,681,565Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Luke Brown Yachts - Ft. Lauderdale
- 2013 Sea Ray 580 Sedan Bridge$999,000$999,000Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Luke Brown Yachts - Ft. Lauderdale
- 2017 Intrepid 400 Cuddy$509,500$509,500Coconut Grove, FL 33133Luke Brown Yachts - Ft. Lauderdale
- 2022 X Shore Eelex 8000Call for Price!Request a PriceDetroit, MI 48207Luke Brown Yachts - Ft. Lauderdale