Genoa, ITSell a boat like this
*Not available for sale to US residents while in US waters.
Designed by De Vries Lentsch and built-in Holland by Porsius Shipyard B.V., “Wizard” has enjoyed 2 extensive refits in the last 13 years. The first, in 2007-8 involved a major refit of the engine-room, which included replacement of most major components, including generators, air conditioning plants and overhaul of main engines.
The 2nd and even more comprehensive multi-million dollar refit, took nearly two years - completed in 2012, involved a 3m Euro-transom extension, lazarette and integral swim platform addition, extension of the covered aft deck and boat deck and all new guest cabins and bathrooms, new paint and teak decks throughout (see 2010-2012 refit details below).
Purchased by her current knowledgeable owner over five years ago, “Wizard” has cruised extensively, from the Balearics to Greece and back and has performed flawlessly, while benefiting from further upgrades in her winter “downtime”. Economical to operate, “Wizard” is a great value in a “ready to go cruising”, sea-kindly yacht.
Speed & Distance
*Not available for sale to US residents while in US waters.
Heavy displacement round bilged transom stern construction, with recessed integral swimming platform and flared bow. Built-in 7mm steel with framing each 45cm and steel bulwarks with stainless steel cap strips. The superstructure is built in aluminum connected by Triclad to the steel hull. Deck escape in the forward locker from the crew area. Entrance hatches for engine room at aft deck. Watertight hatch to the forepeak.
Stainless steel fittings and hardware and bollards with teak cap rails. Two windows can be opened in the main salon as well as two in the owner’s cabin on the main deck and one in the gym/office. All windows are safety glass and are of a slide opening type. Wheelhouse front windows are electrically heated, with ventilation.
• Two steel spade rudders
• Stainless steel docking strips
• Stainless steel fairlead holes, bollards and anchor hull-shell pocket
• Full keel to below the props for maximum protection of running gear
• Aluminum radar/navigation mast
• All decks covered with teak (2012)
“Wizard” is a robust and sea-kindly yacht that offers surprising volume and comfort, thanks to her generous 7.35m/24’ beam. She is well laid out, with on-deck master suite forward - including gym/office, day head, galley and integrated salon with dining area and a very generous covered aft deck, with bar and easy access to the integral swim platform and stern lazarette. Below are two well-proportioned VIP cabins plus a twin cabin (with pullman berth), all with ensuite bathrooms with stall showers.
Lower deck forward is a generous crew quarters, with private access from the port side deck, which includes two cabins, two heads, and a crew mess and laundry. There is access from the crew area to the guest area aft, to aid in household chores and minimize guest intrusion. The upper boat/sun deck offers extraordinary deck space for tender and toy storage, covered seating area and an enclosed pilothouse with office, desk, and full-size couch/berth, a full Portuguese bridge and a sun-lounge area on the cabin trunk complete this deck.
Sleeping accommodation for a total of two in the Owner’s suite plus up to 7 guests or 9 people in total. The main deck interior retains the original traditional Dutch joinery, paneling, and arched doors, but has been extensively refurbished in a relaxed contemporary style, with lacquered and limed oak cabinets plus painted and fabric wrapped panels.
Most soft goods replaced 2016-2017 winter refit – including all new headliners, including panels and sub-frames; in master, companionway, pilothouse, skylounge/office, galley, day head, and stairway. At this time extensive new insulation was also added to the overheads and bulkhead cavities. New upholstery for the master headboard, new master fabric wall paneling, all new mattresses throughout the yacht.
• The woodwork is limed oak in the main saloon, with varnished teak and painted finish in cabins
• Teak mat varnished floors in wheelhouse, corridor, and galley
• Carpets throughout the main saloon, cabins, and accommodation corridors
• Marble and Corian finishing in bathrooms (2012)
• Grohe Stainless steel and chrome fittings and hardware
• Mattresses (all-new 2019) on slatted bases
Sliding door entry from the aft deck, the salon is exceptionally spacious and comfortable, not common on a yacht of this size. The design tone and décor throughout is relaxed and easy to maintain, making the salon an oasis of calm and relaxation. With a full headroom of 1.97m/6’6”, the salon volume is unique. An 8’ sofa and two double chairs create a lounging sitting area, a soft storage table can also be used for additional seating, creating a ten-person entertainment area. The saloon entertainment system comprises a Sony 42” Bravia LED TV on an electric lift; Sony BluRay DVD player; Pioneer CD/radio; 4 x 40-watt speakers. A Forward six-person dining area integrates casually with the salon creating a relaxed atmosphere. Built-in modern cabinet space adds to the practical ambiance of the dining area.
A convenient and attractive powder room, with Blue Bahia marble vanity, is centrally located on the main deck, in the lobby between the Owner’s suite and the main saloon and adjacent to the circular staircase which accesses down to the guest accommodations and up to pilothouse.
On-Deck Master Suite
Wizard’s wide beam makes her forward owner’s cabin a pleasant surprise, large in size with excellent 1.97/6’6” meter headroom, a king-size bed with generous 10’ hanging lockers and expansive space, chair and dressing table cater for all stowage needs. New headliners, LED lighting and 32” LED TV in 2016.
A large ensuite bathroom with marble vanity (2012), large 3’x6’ walk-in shower with bench seat (2016), W.C. and bidet. Air-conditioning with fresh air ventilation system complete the bathroom.
Walk-thru office to starboard leads to owner’s cabin. The office is equipped with a bookcase and exercise bike. There is room for a desk, which was previously removed but remains on the boat.
Extensively re-built in the 2012 refit and all new LED lighting. There are three guest cabins on the lower deck, two queen bed cabins and one twin cabin with a pullman berth. All cabins have an ensuite bathroom with marble vanities, Corian lined shower stalls with marble inlays, plus freshwater vacuum WC. Each cabin has air conditioning with fresh air make-up; opening portlights, generous hanging lockers and stowage space. The bathrooms have bamboo floors and the cabins are fully carpeted.
This full-beam Queen size cabin is large in volume with 1.95m/6’4” headroom, a queen bed, desk and double hanging locker and well as extensive drawer space. There is crew access for service behind a mirror and watertight door. The port guest queen cabin is also generously proportioned, with plenty of light from two large portlights, desk and double hanging locker. The ensuite bathroom, with stall shower, is decorated in the same motif as the other guest suites, with Calcutta white & gray marble vanities and shower inlays, offset by Grohe stainless steel fixtures and hardware.
The twin bed cabin is large in volume and with 1.95m/6’4” headroom, two single 1.95 x .85 beds; single nightstand between the beds and a dropdown Pullman bed, The cabin is modern and lightly toned and in unused condition.
Located on the lower deck with access from the port main side deck down a staircase and with further access in the aft bulkhead to the guest accommodation. Bosun’s locker/store under crew accommodation entrance staircase, which hinge up for good access. Offering berths for a total of four crew. There are two cabins, the Captain’s has a double berth and the other with 2 bunks, headroom of 1.95m/6’4”. Each cabin has its own stall shower, vanity and toilet plus air-conditioning. There is adequate hanging and storage space. Both cabins have been rebuilt in 2019 and captain bath & cabin in 2015.
The crew mess was completely remodeled & refitted in 2015/16, includes a small sink, fridge, dishwasher and lockers, air-conditioning and ventilation, 22” TV with DVD player; and AC tech monitoring panel. Crew laundry located starboard side of the crew mess and with washer and dryer.
Situated amidships on the main-deck port, with direct access to the side deck, as well as interior door to the starboard entry lobby. Granite countertops, double stainless-steel sinks, induction hob and oven, microwave oven, double full-height fridge/freezer cabinets, and air
• Fridge/freezer: 1 x Samsung front load 2007; 1 x Bosch Fridge front load (2019)
• Cook-top: Miele induction hob (2016)
• Oven: Miele oven/grill/steamer (2016)
• Microwave: AEG MCD 2660E
• Exhaust Hood: Faber, 3-speed fan
• Dishwasher: Miele jubilee (2017)
• Washer: Crew top load Whirlpool (2017)
• Dryer: Crew front load Indesit (2016)
• Dishwasher: whirlpool crew mess (2017)
• Laundry: Full-size Samsung washer 2018 & Miele Dryer (2016)
• Icemaker: Symag 45kg; 1 x Bosch chest freezer in the lazarette (2012)
• Heavy-duty window wipers with interval and freshwater wash
• Monitors in wheelhouse and crew mess with four dome cameras located in the aft deck, side decks, and engine room
• Radar Gem electric with ARPA 24 nm range
• Chart-plotter: Nobel Tec Charting System daylight model with charts of the Mediterranean-updated software (2016)
• 2 x Winmate 19inch LCD color displays. Interfaced to autopilot and GPS, autopilot link track system
• Autopilot: Simrad AP50 course alarm/interfaced to GPS
• GPS: Simrad GN 33 interfaced to chartplotter/radar/and autopilot
• Furuno Depth/fish sonar (2015)
• Maretron nanometer, weather station
• Horn: Electric type 24 volts at funnel
• Management system: Touch screen in wheelhouse, engine room and crew mess with digital yacht information indicating engine controls,
alarms, and tank levels
• Barometer and Clock
• Charts & Publications
• VHF: 1 x fixed standard DSC
• AIS D – Class
• Internal telephone system linked to all cabins
• Pepwave 4G dual sim mobile network router & wave wi-fi router (2016)
• Globestar sat phone (2016)
• Set of international code flags
• General ships-plan and construction drawings
Large boat deck, with removable awning & cozy private lounging area just aft of the pilothouse. Teak staircase access (2012) down to aft main deck. Forward the Portuguese bridge and sun/ observation deck.
The upper-deck pilothouse with access from an internal staircase from the main deck or side decks where there is port and starboard wing stations. Logical and professional instruments set-up for easy readability of the yacht's controls. Locker space for manuals and sea-charts. Chart table, guest observation sofa, and helmsman seat. Finished in traditional varnished teak.
Aft of and accessed from the wheelhouse, is an office with built-in desk, open book stowage space, a fixed sofa/daybed and a 42” TV (2018). Windows aft overlooks the boat deck, as well as side windows. Lloyd’s Register approved plans available to convert and extend this structure to make a larger Skylounge with doors opening onto the aft bridge deck. Sub-floor already in place.
Aft, Side, and Foredecks
One of the highlights of “Wizard” is the oversized, covered aft deck (24’ x 14’), which was completely reconfigured during her 2012 refit, when the hull and bridge decks were lengthened. The new arrangement is completely sheltered by the bridge deck and comprises – 10’ fixed sofa with varnished teak dining table and 4 loose chairs; wet bar with fridge, sink and icemaker; staircase up to the bridge deck; staircase down to the
integral swimming platform; stainless steel gates P&S to the passerelle and to the platform respectively.
With access down from the main deck, integral swim platform with watertight pantograph door to the lazarette. Substantial stainless-steel swimming ladder and guardrails.
The wide side decks allow ease of access by crew for cleaning and maintenance while affording owners and guests maximum privacy in the guest areas. All decks fitted with bulwarks and unvarnished, natural teak cap and/or stainless-steel guardrails all to height of 1.0m.
The foredeck, while mainly a working deck, does have an 8’ secluded seating area in front of the trunk cabin plus a sun-bathing/lounging area at the stem. Escape hatches in crew area.
The engine room, accessed via a watertight door on the port side deck (plus watertight deck service hatch-hydraulic controlled at aft deck), is exceptionally large for a yacht of this size and provides excellent all-round access for maintenance. Full headroom throughout. The Engine room was extensively refitted during the 2007 and 2010/12 refits. Safety rails and exhaust covers are made in stainless steel, anti-slip profile aluminum removable floor-plating.
A digital display for total engine service information including exhaust temp meters as well as tank levels and bilge alarms. There is a separate backup analog system. Stop-start controls and alarms at wheelhouse and engine room. Electronic – mechanical ZF micro commander for main engines in wheelhouse, two wing control including steering and bow-thruster control.
• Twin Mercedes 424A, 12-cylinder diesel engines, built 1985 overhauled 2007, Rating 404kW/550hp @ 1800 RPM
• Engine hours - Port 2471 hours/Starboard 2425, Jan 2021 (hours since 2007 overhaul)
• Engines with turbocharging, intercooling system with water injected exhausts mufflers
• Last regular engine service Spring 2019 – Overhauled injection pump injectors, change engine mounts
• 1 x Alternator on each main engine
• Separate external Racor diesel oil filters, generators have the same system
• Transmissions - V-drive ZF BW 190 hydraulic gearboxes reduction 2.57
• 1 x Installed with separate oil cooling heat exchangers and flexible couplings, re-built Cardan shafts (2019)
• Tide Marine dripless shaft seals
• Prop shafts 85mm diam A174 stainless, cutlass bearings, torque coupling, 4-blade, bronze propellers, dye tested, dynamic balancing (2019)
Generators and Electrical System
• 2 x 50 kW (at 1500 rpm) Onan MDDCG generators in sound shield box, driven by John Deere 4045 TFM 75A diesel. Start-stop control in engine
• Generator hours - Port 7,003 hrs; Starboard 7,003hrs (Jan 2021)
• Voltage - 12V DC 380V 50Hz AC
• Shore power intake 380V-63 Amp in aft ship, shore transformer in engine room
• Main switchboard in engine room with voltage and ampere meters, automatic fuse-breaker, switches and indication/control lamps
• Distribution switchboards throughout the yacht including wheelhouse, lazarette, guest accommodation and crew accommodation
• 220V Receptacles throughout the yacht
• All new chilled water piping system
• 20 x Condaria fan coils installed (2012)
• 3 x Compressor reverse cycle chilled water plant
• 3 x New compressors 2016 and raw/ freshwater pumps (2012)
• New fresh air make-up and exhaust fans (2012)
• Separate self-contained Marine Air air-conditioning unit in new lazarette (2012)
• Cramm central power pack installed in the engine room for 1,000Kg boat crane, anchor winch and ER hatches
• The system has 2 main engine P.T.O pumps plus a 380V electric pump (new motor 2013) and 24-volt emergency pump
• Separate hydraulic power pack in the lazarette for the Opacmare passerelle
• Side power SP550 hydraulic 42kW/53HP bow thruster with 386mm/15” diameter tunnel
• Control from wheelhouse and two wing controls (2012)
• Separate generator driven P.T.O and control valve in engine room
• Vosper Wave Beta 3 non-retractable fin stabilizer
• NAIAD Marine System control
• Separate hydraulic power pack in engine room
• Hydraulic system, with Servo hydraulic wheel pump at wheelhouse and joystick
• Wing control equipped with joystick
• Separate hydraulic power pack in engine room
• 1 x Air compressor unit
• 2 x Double Racor fuel filters between day tank and main engine filters, 1 x Racor fuel filter for each generator
• Fuel transfer system with 380V transfer pump through manifold between all tanks
• Fuel-water separator, Alfa Laval MIB 303 capacity ± 1000 LPH/265GPH
• 2 x 220V Gianneschi Ramacciotti heavy-duty freshwater pumps with pressure tank
• Water purification system: spring water reverse osmosis suppling galley and bar faucets
• Hot water system by 2 x custom made boilers, electric heating system, hot/cold water shower at bathing platform
• 2 x Idromar MC3J watermakers, capacity ± 8600 L/day 2,270GPD
• Sewage: Mini Biocon treatment system
• Blackwater tank ± 1,200 litres/317USG
• Jet vacuum flush toilets
• 3 x 380V Electric heavy-duty pumps with manifold for bilge sections, direct overboard, an exchangeable by-pass back-up system with deck
• One heavy-duty pump and exchangeable by-pass/back-up system with bilge system Seawater and freshwater connections on side deck,
foredeck, engine room, boat deck with hose
• Heavy-duty engine room reversible ventilation system with fire dampers
• The mechanical air ventilation system in cabins and bathrooms
• Start set: 24V Main engines, 4 x maintenance-free batteries of total 2000amp stowed in seaworthy boxes in engine room
• Start set: 1 x 12V for each generator maintenance-free batteries of 140amp stowed in seaworthy boxes in engine room
• Service set: 24V consisting of 4 x maintenance-free gel batteries of total 2000amp stowed in seaworthy boxes in engine room
• Emergency set: 1 x 12V/ 80A for VHF/chart plotter/GPS
• 1 x 24V-100A Mastervolt mass automatic charger for service set
• 1 x 24 V-50A Mastervolt automatic charger for main engines set
• 1 x charger for emergency set
• Chargers service 2007/engine 2016
• Interior lights 12V/220V LED in accommodation and aft main deck (2012)
• Red night lights in wheelhouse, TL-lamps in engine room
• 24 V/220V deck lights on aft deck, side decks and boat deck
• 3 x LED underwater lights in transom name lights
• Double Gypsy/single capstan Lofrans hydraulic windlass with chain wash
• Stainless steel chain stoppers and devil claws, controlled by handheld commander
• 2 x Danforth Anchors in stainless steel hull-shell pockets, 135m galvanized anchor chains
• 2 x 24V Electric capstans on aft deck push-button controlled
• 1 x Hydraulic crane Cramm max load 1000kg/2,200lb
• Stern built-in retractable Opacmare stainless steel hydraulic and infrared controlled passarelle with stanchions and teak planking
• Deck storage is fore peak and locker on foredeck and lazarette aft
• Watertight hatch from foredeck is a storage space for fenders, anchor chains and mooring lines accessible by manhole
• On the stern is an integrated teak swimming platform with substantial stainless-steel swimming ladder
• Hot and cold shower in the transom (2012)
• Lazarette: Accessible from swimming platform by watertight pantograph door, with storage space for deck gear, dive tank, warps, lube oils,
bicycle, inflatables, water skis, paddles, 380V shore plug, cable
Tenders and Toys
• Orion 4.30m RIB with 50 HP Honda 4-stroke engine
• 2 x Paddleboard
• Kayak 2-person
Safety and Security Equipment
• 4 x 10-person SOLAS B life rafts
• 4 x Lifebuoys round model with flashlight and line
• 16 x Life jackets
• Flares in container
• 15 x Powder portable fire-extinguishers throughout the yacht
• New 2007 FM 200 automatic fire-fighting system in engine room, operated from main deck
• Manual fuel shut down and ventilation shut-off located outside of the engine room
• Engine shut off controls are located at bridge
• New 2007 fire and smoke alarm system with an acoustical signal with a smoke detector located throughout the yacht temperature sensors
located in galley and crew mess
• Fire-fight pumps + hoses and fire blanket in galley and engine room
• New 2007 AVS system throughout interiors with acoustical alarm
• The Touch screen “Beijer- Model-Exter T 70” in the wheelhouse as well as the display in the crew mess and engine room are integrated with the
firefighting alarm system as well as bilge condition, main engines and generators
• 1 x EPIRB – McMurdo/GPS 2007
2019-2020 Winter Yard Period
• 2 x Generators
• New diesel injection pumps
• New injectors
• New freshwater pumps
• New stainless steel exhaust risers
• New idler/tensioner pulley
• New sound proofing panels
• Valve clearances both
• L.S.A/fire protection
• Removal/cleaning/calibration injector nozzles (both motors)
• Valve clearances (both motors)
• New rocker cover gaskets (both motors)
• New forward crankshaft seal starboard
• New engine mounts
• Rebuild raw water pump port
• New compressor/dryer
• New condenser
• Removal of all air handlers for thorough cleaning
• New expansion joints on fire/deck wash/bilge pumps
• Gate valves overhauled
• 4 x Sliding tracks replaced of the 6 exterior doors
• Starboard pilot house door stripped renovated
Exterior Main Deck
• Removal of stainless steel handrail & fixtures (both sides)
• Sanding/coating of teak cap rails
• Re-bedding of hardware
• Removal of paint/fairing from underneath both cap rails
• Primed/faired/coated for approximately 40cm below cap on entire length of vessel
• Mechanical polishing, down to rub rail
Sun Deck Exterior
• Removal of stainless steel guard rails and mountings
• Attending to local corrosion around stanchion fixture's (stainless steel to aluminum superstructure)
• Prime/fair/coating of sun deck coamings and rebedding of all stainless steel fixtures
• New aft deck sofa covers/foam
• New sun deck awning behind pilothouse
• New curtains pilot house office
All in date & serviced till 2021 & beyond.
2018-2019 Yard Period
• Hauled & Antifouled – January 2019 completion
• Two new shafts
• Cutlass bearings
• New Dripless shaft seals
• New drive couplings
• Props balanced and reconditioned
• All seacocks removed and serviced
• Bow thruster checked and cleaned
• Bottom audio-gauged
• All new zincs
• Gray water tank hydro blasted/airless application of international tank guard epoxy
• Areas of underwater hull hydro blasted where required/coated with international epoxy
• Refit of 1 x crew cabin and head
• Teak swim platform and sundeck maintenance and re-caulking
• New headliners in master, corridor, bridge, galley and stairwell with LED lights
• Freshwater tank blasted to SA 2.5/Airless application of international epoxy for potable water
• New aft deck cushions (12/2019)
• New Sundeck awning (12/2019)
All structural and mechanical work is fully approved by Lloyd’s Register, the project was professionally designed and supervised by Solent International and Michael Kirschstein Design of the UK, with a fulltime oversight by resident captain and crew.
• Some of the upgrades include:
• All new teak decks and subdeck
• Complete Alexseal two-part paint system above the waterline - snow white
• Underwater hull hydro blasted to bare steel and epoxy coated
• Aft hull extension incorporating bathing platform & Med stairs
• New lazarette/laundry; all new aft deck bar and dining/lounge area
• Extension to boat deck with new circular staircase down to aft deck
• Lloyd’s approved plans for skylounge extension (not undertaken)
• New stainless-steel handrails; new crew escape hatch; new SOLAS life rafts – all to charter yacht code requirements
• New 42kW/53HP side power bow thruster
• Vosper stabilizers removed and overhauled
• Lower deck guest accommodation redesigned and completely rebuilt
• Owner’s bathroom redesigned and completely re-built
• Owner’s study area added
• All new air conditioning chilled water piping system in accommodation and all new fan coils and vent fans
• New carpet and curtains throughout main saloon
This high quality robustly built Dutch motoryacht is a joy to cruise on, with her spacious guest areas and sea-kindly motion, she is a capable cruising yacht which is economical to operate. Having benefitted from extensive refits and constant care, she is a rare find in today’s marketplace. She’s been maintained by the same Captain/couple for the past 9 years, she is fully found, substantially updated, in great condition and ready to go cruising, all at a very reasonable price. Viewings are highly recommended and will not disappoint.