Nanatee is a boat fit for a movie star, quite literally! Tom Hanks stayed onboard this Marine Trader trawler while on location filming Forest Gump, and it's not hard to see why he enjoyed his time at anchor on this gentle giant.
Nanatee’s current liveaboard owner has loved and cherished her before coming into ill health, wiping the dew off the gelcoat of Nanatee every morning, Cosmetically, Nanatee is beautifully maintained and continues to demonstrate her long-term glory. She is now looking for a new owner who is ready to take on and progress her mechanical maintenance, and is priced taking into account the need for mechanical / systems work.
Recent upgrades include:
- NEW batteries throughout 2020.
- All canvas including bimini top, wrap around on main deck, window covers etc in like new condition with new zippers, water proofing, and regular cleaning. Three front panels of the bimini and Eisenglass, canvas and zippers replaced in 2018. Open sides without Eisenglass in bimini top (front glass new in 2018).
- NEW cushions and pillows (10) in 2018 with matching green sumbrella
- Stainless steel polished throughout
- Fiberglass cleaned, waxed and polished
- NEW Garmin 740s x 2
- New Interstate batteries in 2017
- New Marine Air conditioning unit in salon in 2016
- New water heater and pump in 2016
- Regular zinc checks
- Work on hydraulic steering system in 2019
- Bottom completely refurbished, pealed and dried on the hard; bottom painted every 2 years or so.
- Refinished and sealed exterior teak decks and teak rails. Regularly maintained to prevent water ingress.
New owner may wish to focus on:
- Perform engine and generator maintenance, and focus on exhaust system
- Plan for new propellers (these are original)
- Upgrade windlass
- Maintain / replace pumps on heads
- Look at running lights / navigation lights
- Update safety equipment
Nanatee's generous accommodations, and classic style with a forest green theme throughout, coupled with the meticulous cosmetic care of her current owner, provide a "must see" for those seeking true trawler living. For a mechanically minded owner, this boat could soon be restored to become a Movie Star head turner.
A private entrance from the cockpit deck to the aft stateroom, featuring queen centerline berth with storage on both sides, chart table or desk is built in on portside. Large hanging lockers on both port and starboard sides. Fresh water tanks under queen bed. Master head has separate shower stall with bathtub and Vac-u-flush head, sink and storage. Up two steps to Salon. Built in "L" shaped settee / dinette with high / low table for a extra bed, starboard side. Built in dry bar,. Breakfast bar between galley and salon. Steps from portside of the salon allow direct access to one of the main sundecks, by way of hatch and wing doors. A desireable 3 steps down designed galley. Lots of storage in galley. The forward stateroom allows for guest to have their own private storage plus hanging locker. All new cushions. Forward head is across from galley, and equipped with sink, vanity, and Vac-u-flush toilet, and spare for shower to be installed.
All interior floors are original teak which have been completely refinished. All interior upholstery was NEW in 2017 and replaced with green sunbrella.
Galley is set down, which is great because it is not visible from the main seating and entertaining area.
Kitchen Aid Convection Oven
Two burner hot plate
Abundant Counter Space
Storage Cabinets and Drawers
Vissani Refrigerator with Freezer Frostfree
Hot & Cold Pressure Water System
6 Gallown Water Heater
Double Stainless Steel Sink
Dedicated space for 3 burner with propane oven (set up present but not installed)
Beautifully maintained teak cabinetry and floors
Custom teak built in wine glass storage and bread holders
2 Garmin 740s (NEW)
Compass Ritchie (2) 3" and 2"
Icom VHF (2) Upper and lower helm
Garmin 2000 Speed / Distance Log
Full ship's logs on vessel since first commissioned
Battery Parallel Switch (NEW in 2018)
Battery Charger Auto (NEW in 2020) plus extra battery charger onboard
NEW batteries throughout in 2020
Dockside electrical cables 2 x 30 amp
Electrical system 12v / 110v
Westerbeke Generator 8.0Kw - 4,300 hours (may require mechanical review)
New water heater in 2016 and fresh water pump
New Marine Air unit in main salon in 2016
Electrical check performed in 2018.
Decks & hull
Fortress Anchor with Chain
Bow Pulpit and Rails
Coastguard Approved Safety Package
Fenders and Lines
Lewmar Windlass / Electric
Windshield Washers & Wipers
Bottom pealed and re-done at a cost of $10,000.
Bottom cleaned regularly and zincs periodically replaced. Bottom painted every 2-3 years.
Twin 210hp Cummins diesel engines with 1900 hours. These engines were new in 1990 and are turbo diesel and very economical with fuel. Engines and exhaust system will require maintenance.
Last oil change in both engines in 2019.
Air Conditioner Marine Air
Salon 16000 BTU Reverse Cycle (NEW in 2016)
Staterooms 16000 BTU Reverse Cycle
Controls in Cabin & Bridge
Freshwater Cooling System
Fuel Shut Off Valve Engines
Hydraulic Steering NEW in 2019
Borg Warner Transmissions NEW
Fuel tanks cleaned throughout
- 1961 Hinckley Bermuda 40$95,000Hilton Head Island, SCDunbar Yachts LLC
- 2020 Jeanneau Leader 9.0 CCRequest a PriceSaint Simons Island, GADunbar Yachts LLC
- 2020 Jeanneau Leader 7.5Request a PriceSaint Simons Island, GADunbar Yachts LLC
- 2020 Jeanneau Leader 33Request a PriceSaint Simons Island, GADunbar Yachts LLC