Elberta, AL 36530Sell a boat like this
READY, SET, SAIL on this Cruise Ready Classic
38' Krogen Cutter - Designed by the world renowned Jim Krogen, of the Yacht Builder & design team of Kadey-Krogen. This Krogen Shoal Draft Cutter has the noble character and quiet elegance of the classic clipper ships. Shoal Draft of only 3'2" with two Centerboards fore & aft, (draft to 6') offering the seaworthy crossings to the Bahamas or Florida's coast.
Interior finished in Mahagony & Teak with 2 stateroom 1 head layout with standing head room and comfortable salon table & room for 6 to lounge with a Ratelco Cole Stove on a cool night.
Bring your own Tender ~ the Stainless Steel Davits are ready!
Speed & Distance
- Designed by sailors for sailors, the Kadey Krogen 38 is the ideal island hopper that's well adapt at slipping into protective anchorages yet able to take you blue water sailing.
- Her tandem centerboards draw 3'2" while up and over 6 feet when dropped. She's designed as an excellent upwind performer with solid directional stability.
- Rigged as a cutter, it is easily handled by a short handed crew and very versatile with a balanced helm on all points of sail.
- Freshwater - 2 stainless steel tanks 70 gal each w 12v Shurflo Blaster pump
- Fuel - 2 stainless steel tanks 40 gal each
- Hot Water Heater - 6 gal 110v unit with engine heat exchange option
- Yanmar 4JH-2E 4 cylider,100.33 cubic Inch 50 hp @ 3600rpm
- Main Engine Hours 2668
- Racor 500FG fuel / water separator
- Cooling - Freshwater heat exchange system with bronze seawater strainer
- Shaft - 1.25" stainless steel
- Prop - 18RH10 fixed, 3 blade Bronze
- Exhaust - Wet elbow at manifold to a FRP covered Muffler transom discharge
- Two Stateroom / One Head with ensuite vanity sink in both quarters
- Main Salon settee converts to double berth
- Well appointed hand crafted interiors of Mahagony, Teak & Holley with updated interior soft goods, premium custom mattress in Master and custom memory foam in forward V Berth.
- Walk in separate shower & New 2021 Electric Raritian Head with Lectra San Sys.
- Forward V Berth has ensuite vanity with sink, opening hatches hanging lockers & lots of shelf storage for personal items and books.
- Master has ensuite vanity with sink, full lockers and storage abounds
- Salon offers seating for 8 with updated cushions and mahogany table with classic warm wood interior and led lighting throughout the boat.
- Beautiful wood or coal fire box by COLE Stainless Steel with copper appointments
- 16,000 BTU Cruisair Central Air Condition System (2016) (system works great & keeps this interior dehumidified and cool.
Built to the same care and thoughtfulness required for Kadey-Krogen yachts to meet the rigid standards for commercial crafts, this 38 Krogen offers an excellent electrical system.
- Complete bonding system
- 4.5KW Fisher Panda Generator (2020 service includes near new lower rebuild)
- AC / DC systems lined with circuit breakers
- 12V DC & 110V outlets
- LED Lighting upgrades
- Balmar High Output Alternator (2016)
- 16,000 BTU Cruisair Central Air Condition System (2016)
- AGM Batteries New (2017)
- Pro Nautic 12/30 Digital Charger New (2017)
- Galvanic Isolator Bonded System New (2018)
- A well outfitted galley to starboard with generous counter space and storage
- Double Stainless Sink
- Adler Barbour Refrigerator and Freezer
- 3 Burner LP Gas stove w oven
- Galley is complete with cookware & cruise ready
- Dual Led Lighting with red & white working lights
- Main Electrical Panel and DC Distribution access is on aft bulkhead of galley
- Hideaway custom trash bin built into cabinetry
Steering & Rudder
- Designed with Precision Rack & Pinion Edson Steering
- Edson 28" TEAK inner wheel w. Stainless Steel Destroyer outer wheel
- Rudder - Fiberglass with protective skeg under
- Dual Centerboards of fiberglass and lead w. stainless steel control cables
- Shaft Rope Cutter
On Deck Features
- Aluminum Spars w. Stainless Steel Rigging in good condition
- Air Clearence - 53'
- Maxwell 3500 Dual Drum Electric Windless
- Bowsprit 6' Teak & Stainless steel w. 2 anchor roller chocks
- Ground Tackle - 1 Bruce 15kg with 250' x 3/8" chain + Freshwater Washdown
- Ground Tackle - 1 Bruce 10kg with 200' x 3/4" rode + 40' chain
- Double Life Lines, stanchions thru-bolted w/ gates
- WINCHES - 3 Lewmar Halyard, Lewmar #30 Self tailing Main sheet
- WINCHES - Lewmar #44 Self tailing Genoa sheet
- Roller Bearing Traveller on Main & Foresail with club footed Jib
- Roller Furling on both Genoa & Yankee
- 4 Bowmar Hatches with tinted lens
- 9 Opening Bronze Ports
- 3 Dorade Vents
- 3 Nicro-Fico Cowl vents
- 3 Venturi Exhaust Vents
- Teak Companionway Sliding Hatch
- Bow & Stern Chocks
- 2 Sampson Posts
- Compass & Edson appointed Pedestal with custom folding cockpit table & cover
Current Owner Upgrades
2012 LED interior lights
2013 Bow Thruster
2016 16,000 BTU Central Air Conditioner
2016 High Output Balmar Alternator
2016 Electronics, Raymarine MFD
2017 AGM Batteries
2020 Fisher Panda Gen.4.5kw, full lower end rebuilt
2020 Pro Nautic Battery Charger
2018 Galvanic Isolator
2021 Lectra San Sanitation system + Raritian Electric toilet
2014 Dodger with Isinglass
2017 New Cockpit Table, Teak Wheel varnish, Leather Wheel installed w cover
2011 Sunbrella Upholstery
2010 North Genoa 110
2011 Stack Pack
2021 Sunbrella / insulated hatch covers + Bimini
2021 Haul for Bottom Job (2 coats of Petit Trinidad)
2021 Compound & Wax, Raw Water strainer
2011 added new propane tank (total 2)
2021 Main Engine & Gen full service (Oil, Filters, Belts)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- 2020 Yellowfin 42$897,000$897,000Keller, TX 76244Denison Yachting - Destin
- 2017 Cape Horn 36XS$299,000$299,000Orange Beach, AL 36561Denison Yachting - Destin
- 2008 Hatteras GT60$1,889,000$1,889,000Panama City, FL 32408Denison Yachting - Destin
- 2018 Formula 400 Super Sport$599,000$599,000Buffalo, NY 14201Denison Yachting - Destin