Well maintained and updated 2-cabin Bayliner 3870 with upgraded, professionally serviced low hour Yanmar diesels (installed in 2005). Extensive recent upgrades to electronics, galley and living spaces and equipment. Fully outfitted for turn-key voyaging. A long-range motor yacht with extra speed for fast transits or avoiding weather. Good running economy and excellent seakeeping characteristics, improved even more by added propeller tunnel extensions. Shallow draft permits easy access to most harbors and anchorages. During the past 2 seasons Fenweigh has comfortably cruised the US east coast AICW and coastal ocean between NC and Maine. Includes West Marine Tender and Electric motor.
Speed & Distance
- Garmin GPSMAP 742xs MFD sonar in lower helm, GPSMAP 7610xsv in flybridge with GPS-19x receiver (all new in 2018).
- Garmin GMR Fantom 18 HD+ w/18" dome and GMS network port expander.
- Garmin NMEA 2000 backbone and GXM 53 Sirius XM weather antenna.
- Seaview 24" mast w/rotatable masthead light/light bar.
- Depth sounders: Garmin B117 thru hull (new 2018) and Raymarine P79 in hull (new 2017). Both display at each helm station.
- VHF radio: Garmin 300/GHS handsets with DSC and integrated horn/foghorn/announcing intercom at both helm stations (new in 2018).
- 2 VHF whip antennas that can be lowered (starboard new 2020).
- Ritchie lighted magnetic compasses in lower helm and flybridge (flybridge new (2019).
- Marinco 100w halogen spot light w/wireless bridge remote control (new 2019).
- Fusion MS-UD/AV650 am/fm/CD/Sirius entertainment system w/interior and topside speakers (new 2018).
- Islander WiFi extender w/router and radar arch mounted antenna (new 2018).
Hull and safety
- 3 anchors: primary 33# Bruce w/180' of 5/16" chain, can couple to 200' rope rode; alternate 26# Danforth lightweight stowed forward; stern/emergency 13# Fortress w/12' of 5/16" chain and 100" rope rode.
- Muir cougar 1200 electric horizontal drum windlass for chain and rope w/foot switch and bow roller (serviced 2018).
- Hull was media blasted and 2 coats of epoxy barrier coat applied followed by 2 coats of antifouling (2018). Antifouling coat applied annually since.
- 3 electric windshield wipers with operating switches at lower helm.
- Electric horn.
- 2 electric manual/float-operated 500 gpm bilge pumps plus 2 electric float-operated high-capacity 1k gpm bilge pumps.
- 4 fire extinguishers, 2 wireless linked smoke and CO2 alarms.
- KwikGrip nonskid coating on main deck, cockpit and swim platform.
- 6 cylindrical 20" plus 2 round 12" inflatable fenders.
- (6) 5/8" mooring lines (35').
- 2 throwable life rings, 2 boat hooks.
- Lifesling rescue system.
- 9' West Marine inflatable, folding aluminum deck dinghy w/Torqeedo 3HP electric outboard.
- Custom built fiberglass propeller tunnel extensions (2019).
- Fiberglass swim platform with custom aluminum handrail and Weaver tilt-up dinghy supports.
- Bennet trim tabs.
- Full canvas bimini and clear isinglass topside aluminum frame and enclosure, plus lower cockpit aluminum frame and canvas bimini.
- Cockpit folding teak table.
- H/C pressurized FW cockpit shower.
- External canvas covers and internal vinyl light shields for hatches and ports.
- Ensign and wood flagpole aft, SS and wood flagpoles and jack staff flags forward.
- Vessel-unique mechanical and electric spares (pumps, impellers, filters, fittings).
- Portable fuel polisher.
- 2 cabins w/separate heads and shared access shower/tub compartment.
- Forward master w/island queen bed, custom 6" mattress and vinyl bolsters (new 2017).
- Master head has dedicated Jabsco electric marine toilet, new sink and countertop (new 2020).
- Guest cabin port side forward w/queen custom 4" mattress (new 2017), new sink and countertop (2020).
- Guest cabin has Jabsco manual marine toilet w/shared access to guest head through door from salon.
- New countertops on galley and salon table (2018).
- New carpet in salon and master/guest cabins.
- Microwave, stainless galley sink and True induction cooktop (all new 2018).
- H/C pressurized fresh water, Seaward 11 gal. electric water heater.
- Norcold 7 cubic foot AC/DC refrigerator/freezer (new 2019).
- Upgraded vinyl settee cushions in salon (new 2019).
- 32" fold-down Visio smart TV in salon (2019).
- Upgraded LED lighting throughout, including engine room.
- 3 electric cabin heaters.
- 2 Marine Air air conditioners (12k/16k btu).
- Leak-free interior, salon window gaskets replaced and window tracks caulked (2019/2020).
- Twin Yanmar 200HP FW cooled w/under 600 hours. Yard-serviced prior to each seasonal launch. 500 hour maintenance routine and valve adjustment performed in 2019.
- Stainless steel 1.5" shafts (spare stored on boat).
- ZF-63A reduction gears, 2:1 to 1:1, annual maintenance to change fluid and filters (2020).
- 2 19"x20" 4-blade bronze propellers (spare set on board).
- Shafts and rudders re-packed 2018.
- Racor 500 fuel/water separators on each engine and on generator.
- Engine oil change system.
- Westerbeke 7.4KW diesel generator, full annual service. Rebuilt alternator (2019)
- Upgraded audio/visual engine temp/pressure alarm system at both helm stations.
- Hynautic manual hydraulic steering system.
- Dual 8D wet cell engine start/house battery bank (new 2017).
- Group 24 wet cell diesel generator dedicated start battery (new 2020).
- Upgraded DG wiring (2020).
- 3 switch battery isolation panel in engine room.
- Two 30 amp, 120v shore power Smart Plug terminals w/2 50' cords (new 2019) and 50 amp-to-twin 30 amp Y-adapter cord (splitter).
- Promariner Protech 1240i Plus automatic programmable marine battery charger.
- AC and DC control panels in lower helm.
Smith Yacht Sales Trade-In Program
Smith Yacht Sales Trade-In Program
* * * CERTAIN TRADES CONSIDERED * * *
1. Power Boats Only
2. Vessel must be less than 10 years old
3. No Project Boats
4. If a Trade Value is given, it is only good for 30 days.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.