ONLY TWO OWNERS SINCE NEW!
Never in charter. Listing broker sold to current owners from original owner. One of the nicest Irwin 52's you will ever find.
BRAND NEW BIMINI INSTALLED 9/26/19
NEW SET OF HOUSE BANK BATTERIES TO BE INSTALLED 10/19
Four Staterooms, Three Heads
Perkins 4-236 87HP Diesel Engine (Re-Manufactured in 2012)
2012 Westerbeke 11.5KW Generator (Less than 200 hrs.)
Side Power 24V Bow Thruster
(3) Modular Air Conditioning/Heat Units
Chartplotters, Autopilot, AIS, Radar & More – All Nav Equip Connected Via NEMA 2000 System
260 Gallons of Fuel & 375 Gallons of Water
RO Watermaker System, 700 GPD
Icemaker/Wine Cooler & Ventless Washer/Dryer Combo
New Main & Mizzen Sails in 2017
And Much More!
Liberty is a spacious center cockpit ketch featuring a four stateroom, three head layout, which is ideal for a large family or charter business. The ketch rig offers a versatile sail plan with newer main and mizzen sails, a spinnaker and roller furling staysail and genoa. The 87hp diesel Perkins provides plenty of power when needed and has low hours since re-manufactured in 2012.
The interior was designed for cruising in comfort with a spacious salon, enormous master suite with walk-around queen berth and ensuite head with shower plus three additional cabins and two more heads, great access to the main engine, a fully equipped galley with stand-up fridge and separate freezer, tons of storage, huge water and fuel tank capacity, watermaker, generator and three air conditioning/heat units. You will be hard-pressed to find a cruising or live-aboard vessel with a more functional layout.
Liberty was damaged in Hurricane Ike. She was professionally repaired, refurbished and upgraded in 2011. Some of the work included fiberglass repair, total hull, deck and spar painting, woodwork repair/upgrading and an electrical system upgrade.
Liberty is a lot of boat for the money and offers excellent value for any sailor seeking a spacious cruising ketch capable of carrying eight people in comfort.
See the full specs for more details and call the Listing Broker today!
Interior Layout & Features
This Irwin 52 features a four stateroom, three head layout.
Beginning forward, there is a private guest cabin with a large double V-berth, hanging locker and storage drawers. A spacious head compartment is located just aft on the starboard side.
Opposite this head to port is another private cabin with double berth and ensuite head forward.
Continuing aft and one step up leads to the large, comfortably furnished salon. The salon offers great storage and plenty of headroom and is ideal for entertaining. A nice feature of the salon is the 37” flat panel TV located inside a cabinet on the starboard side. The TV is raised by an electric powered system with a remote control. The audio system for the TV consists of a Bose Companion 3 Series II speaker system with a remote speaker. Conveniently, an icemaker and wine cooler are located next to the TV cabinet.
The navigation station is located aft and to port in the salon. It is fitted with an aft facing chart table, chair, navigation equipment, ASUS personal computer and additional lockers.
Just aft of the navigation station on the port side is the third guest cabin which features two stacked single bunks, storage lockers and a small vanity with sink and mirror.
The companionway is centerline, between the nav station and the galley.
The galley is located one step down from the salon on the starboard side. A bar-type counter separates the salon from the galley. A vent-less combination washer/dryer is fitted on the inboard cabinet in the galley.
The large master cabin is located aft and features a centerline queen berth, numerous lockers and an ensuite head with separate shower stall to port.
The interior is equipped with three air conditioning units. There is a 16,000 BTU unit in the main salon on the port side, a 12,000 BTU unit in the aft cabin under the berth and a 9,000 BTU unit in the forward cabin under the seat on the starboard side.
The spacious, U-shaped galley is located to starboard of the companionway. It offers great storage and counter space as well as being well-equipped. The large single sink drains overboard via a garbage disposal located under the sink. There is also a three-burner propane stove/oven with a microwave/convection oven located above. A stand-up, built-in refrigerator and separate freezer provides a generous amount of cold storage. Lastly, a vent-less washer/dryer is located on the inboard cabinet in the galley. Since the galley also serves as the walk-through to the aft master cabin, the location of the washer/dryer is very convenient.
- Force 10 3-Burner Propane Stove w/ Oven (Propane Bottle Locker on Deck)
- Sea Frost Refrigerator
- Sea Frost Freezer
- U-Line Icemaker
- Vino Temp, 12 Bottle Wine Cooler
- Cuisinart Microwave/Convection Oven
- Deep, Single S/S Sink
- 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal
- Dometic 110V Washer/Dryer
- NEMA 2000 Equipment Connections System – All navigation equipment is inter-connected via this system
- Garmin 4020 Chartplotter at Helm - Primary navigation system (The wind instrument, depth transducer, AIS, autopilot, etc. are connected to chartplotter via NEMA 200 system)
- Garmin 740 Chartplotter at Nav Station - Secondary sytem
- Garmin Control Autopilot – Direct Chain Drive on Rudder
- Garmin 24 Mile HD Radar
- Radar Reflector - Mounted on Main Mast
- Maritron Depth Transducer
- Garmin Wind Instrument
- Standard Horizon GX2450 VHF Radio w/External Speaker/Remote Mic at Helm
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio (Spare, NOT Installed)
- Vespar GPS Antenna
- Vespar AIS Transponder/Receiver
- Sirius Radio/Weather Antenna - The SiriusMX weather antenna is also connected to the chartplotters for viewing
- JVC 37” LCD TV (In Hideaway Cabinet w/Lift System)
- Shakespear Omni-Direction Antenna – Mounted on Mizzen Mast
- Bose Surround Sound System - Companion 3, Series II System
- Planar Radio/CD Stereo
- Electric Fireplace w/2 Speed Heater
- Asus Vino Computer
- Visio 15” TV/Computer Monitor – Located at Nav Station/PC Monitor
- 22” Samsung TV – Aft Cabin
- Sony DVD/Blueray Player – Located at Nav Station
- Canon Printer – Located at Nav Station
The generator is located under the salon floor boards forward of the main engine. Controls for start/stop and the gauges are located in the control cabinet on the port side of the stairs between the salon and galley.
There are four different voltage systems on this vessel: 12 Volt System. 24 Volt System, 230 Volt System and 120 Volt AC House System.
The House Bank consists of (8) 6V golf cart batteries wired in parallel and series with approximately 880 AH of storage. These batteries are charged by an Aims 5000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/115 amp charger.
The engine and generator each have their own dedicated 12V starting battery located in the engine room. They are charged by the alternators on the engine and the generator.
The windlass, bow thruster and raw water waste pump are all powered by a 24V system located under the V-berth. The system is charged by a separate 24V charger. Except for the 115V AC power supply, this system operates independent of the other electrical systems in the vessel.
This vessel is powered from either shore power connections or from the onboard generator with a single 100 amp 230V connection to the main distribution panel at the nav station.
The watermaker high pressure pump is located in the closet of the aft starboard cabin. It is powered by a 230V service breaker in the main panel.
The 100 amp 230V AC input is split at the panel to provide 50 amp 115V power to two breaker banks for AC power distribution throughout the vessel.
- 2012 Westerbeke 11.5 kw Generator (Less than 200 hrs.)
- A/C Power: 125/250, 100 amp
- NEW 12V DC House Bank BATTERIES TO BE INSTALLED OCT. 2019
- Dedicated 12V Engine Start Battery
- Dedicated 12V Generator Battery
- 24V DC System: (2) 12V in Series (Windlass, Bow Thruster, Raw Water Pump)
- 24 DC Charger: 24 True Charge System
- Charger/Inverter: Aims 5000 W Inverter/100 amp Charge (With Remote at Nav Station)
- 50 ft. 125/250 amp Shore Power Cable
Sails & Rigging
- Mainsail (New 2017)
- Mizzen Sail (New 2017)
- Staysail w/ Harken Roller Furling System
- Genoa w/ Harken Roller Furling System
- Sail Covers w/ Lazyjack System on Main & Mizzen
- Standing Rigging is 1/19” S/S Cable w/ S/S Sta Lock Fitting (Inspected 2017)
- Chainplates, S/S Embedded in Hull, X-Rayed in 2012 – No Corrosion/Cracks Noted
- (7) Barlow 23ST Winches
- (2) Barlow 36ST Electric Winches
Mechanical & Plumbing
The engine was completely re-manufactured by Atlantic Diesel in 2012. There is great access to the main engine through the floorboards in the salon and a cabinet door located behind the stairs in the galley. This access can be used to check the water level in the fill tank and to access the engine zinc.
- Perkins 4-236 Diesel Engine (Re-manufactured in 2012 – Less than 200 hrs.)
- Borg Warner Gear (Re-manufactured in 2012 – Less than 200 hrs.)
- S/S Cable Steering System w/Emergency Tiller
- 1 1/2 S/S Shaft (New in 2012)
- Dripless Shaft Seal
- 22” Bronze Prop (Refurbished in 2012)
- Fuel System – Primary: Racor Filters
- Air Conditioning/Heat (Modular):
- Aft Unit – 12,000 BTU
- Salon Unit – 16,000 BTU
- Forward Unit – 9,000 BTU
- Side Power 10 hp Bow Thruster operated by the 24V electrical system
- Fresh Water Pump, 12V Par, 4.5 GPM w/External Hookup Available
- Electric Aft Head w/Fresh Water Flush
- Electric Forward Starboard Head w/Fresh Water Flush
- Manual Forward Port Head w/Raw Water Flush
- 700 GPD Watermaker, RO System is plumbed to the starboard tank
- 12 gal Hot Water Heater (110V & Engine Coil)
- Diesel – (2) 130 gal Tanks – Total of 260 gal, Monitored at Nav Station
- Fresh Water – (2) Tanks - Total of 375 gal
- Black Water - (1) 35 gal Tank (Macerator Pump, Charcoal Filter, Level Gauge)
Cockpit & Deck Equipment
- BRAND NEW BIMINI INSTALLED 9/26/19
- (4) Full Area Cockpit Seat Cushions
- (4) Throwable, Coated Cushions
- (2) Folding Lounge Seats
- Fiberglass Helm Seat w/ Cushion
- Teak Cockpit Table w/ (2) Foldout Extensions
- Folding Aluminum Boarding Ladder
- KUMA Propane Grill – Mounted on Stern Rail
- Full-Length Sun Cover for Boat - Needs to be fitted
- Mesquito Netting for All Ports & Hatches
- Achilles 9’ Hard Rib Dinghy – Mounted on Cradle on Forward Deck
- Honda 9.9 Gas Outboard Motor w/ Electric Start, Tanks, Battery
- Full Length Dinghy Cover
- Dinghy Davits for Stern Storage – Currently NOT Mounted on Vessel
Anchoring & Mooring System
An anchor windlass is located on the main deck and can be operated by an Up only foot switch directly behind the windlass or an Up/Down wired remote with a connection on the deck starboard side across from the windlass. The remote is stored in the cockpit when not in use. A raw water pump is located under the V-berth and piped to a hose connection fitting located under a removable cover that is forward of the windlass for use in washing the anchor chain as it comes aboard. The hose is stored in the cockpit when not in use.
- Lofrans 24V Electric Windlass w/Remote Control
- 24V Raw Water Washdown Pump w/ Hose Connection
- 65 lb. CQR Anchor w/ 250’ 3/8” Chain
- 45 lb. CQR Anchor w/ 250’ Rode & 50’ 3/8” Chain
- Dinghy Anchor w/ 100’ Chain
- Man Overboard Pole – Mounted on Stern Rail
- Lifesling w/ Hard Case – Mounted on Stern Rail
- 8-Man Liferaft w/ Hard Case – Mounted on Main Deck
- Storm Boards for Salon Window – Varnished Wood
- Rule 800 Bilge Pump w/ Float Switch
- Rule 2000 Bilge Pump w/ Float Switch
- Rule 4000 Bilge Pump w/ Float Switch - Not Installed
- Manual Bilge Pump
- (3) Wall-Mounted Fire Extinguishers
- Halogen Fire Extinguisher System in Engine Room
- High water alarm
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.