Saint Simons Island, GA
$5k PRICE DROP (3/27) - BOAT NEEDS TO SELL FAST - BRING ALL OFFERS
WELL EQUIPPED CRUISING BOAT AT A GREAT PRICE!
Rhythm Girl! A classic sailing sloop is attractively priced for a quick sale. The Irwin 40 MK II points high and sails effortlessly with an efficient rig, this hull design was one of Ted Irwin's most successful sail plans known for speed and easy handling.
The interior abounds with character and the exterior exudes classic lines. She's sure to impress under sail. Over the last two years since purchase, the current owner has tackled many of the hard jobs and restored and/or replaced many items making her fully functional as is. The owner was sailing south for the season from Maryland to the Caribbean when he got a call to return home due to a family emergency. The boat is now berthed at a marina in St. Simons Island, GA and listed for a quick sale.
This is a great opportunity to get a great performing sailing/cruising boat without breaking the bank. All the hard work has been done, just load up and sail off.
Rhythm Girl's many features include:
- New Stack Pack for Main
- All Stainless Steel Port Lights Re-bedded with new Teak Surrounds
- Forward Bulk Head Replaced with New Chain Plates
- All Deck Fittings Re-bedded
- New Bead Board Headliner
- New Novo-Kool 12v Fridge/Freezer
- Keel Encapsulated - no more Keel Bolts to worry about!
- New Water Tank Bladders
- Rebuilt Rudder - New Post, Bearing, Graphite Packing Gland and Fiberglass Skin
- Bottom paint less than a year old
- New upholstery
- Yanmar 3 cyl diesel only 1000 hours!
Speed & Distance
The Irwin 40 MKII consists of a large double V-berth all the forward with a fully enclosed head just aft and to starboard. There's a large double settee salon along with a full length quarter berth all the way aft to starboard. She will sleep 5.
Upon descending the companionway steps, you have a large and fully functional galley with wide counter tops and plenty of cabinetry. There is a large double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressurized water. A 110v microwave and a propane stove and oven.
The welcoming salon has been recently re-upholstered and is very comfortable, enticing you to sit back and relax at anchor. There is a large teak double leaf table that allows dining for up to 6 guests.
Just aft of the salon and to starboard is the navigation area/captain's desk. A new beadboard headliner was added in the last year, giving the overall impression of a classic interior with nice teak elements and solid wood accents.
- Double Stainless Steel sink
- New stainless marine faucet
- Hand and Foot pumps at sink for salt/fresh water
- Hillerange propane stove and oven (2 - 10lb aluminium tanks)
- LPG safety cutoff solenoid
- Novocold 12v fridge/freezer (new in 2018)
- 110v microwave oven
- Garmin 740xs
- ICOM AIS transceiver
- Autohelm 6000 Linear Drive - needs new head unit
- Raymarine ST60 handheld autopilot control
- Autohelm Depth, Wind Speed/Direction, Hull Speed
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF
- Standard Horizon RAM Mic in cockpit
- 2000w Inverter hardwired to batteries
- Sony CDX-M10 marine CD player
- 32'' flat screen TV
- Magma BBQ Grill (NEGOTIABLE)
- Outboard Motor Mount
- New lifesling in hard case - stern/cockpit mounted
- Granny bars at mast base
- 8' inflatable dinghy and Tohatsu 9.8hp 2-stroke outboard (NEGOTIABLE)
- 5 Fishing Rods/Reels (NEGOTIABLE)
- Spare parts: Belts, Filters
- Assorted Tools (NEGOTIABLE)
Hull and Deck
- Keel Conversion from Keel Bolts to Fully Encapsulated Lead Keel - glassed to hull
- Primary 45lb Buegel Anchor (like a Rocna) on 200' of 5/16'' BBB chain
-Secondary stainless 35lb CQR on 50' of 5/16'' BBB chain and 200' 3/8'' rode
- Manual windlass only 3 years old, rebedded on Burma teak surround
- New bow roller installed in 2018
- Bimini, Dodger with Connector and great condition isinglass
- Granny bars at Mast
- All deck fittings rebedded
- All stainless steel port holes rebedded
- 200w Solar installed on Bimini (another 200w available but not currently installed)
- 2000w inverter wired directly to batteries
- Guest Pro Battery charger
- Two new group 31 batteries (spring 2018) currently has one house and one engine
- Salon lights converted to LED
- Navigation lights converted to LED
Very unique! Keel was retrofitted to be encapsulated to remove any fears of the keel bolts failing. The entire keel was glassed to the hull, epoxied and faired to create a smooth finish.
Keel Type: Shoal_Draft
Ballast: 7000 lb
Max Draft: 4.25 ft
Sail Area and Sails
IJPE : 737.00 sq ft
I : 50.00 ft
J : 16.50 ft
P : 44.00 ft
E : 14.75 ft
Working Sail Area : 737.00 sq ft
- North Sails battened main with new stack pack with lazy jacks - in above avg. condition
- North Sails 100 working jib - 9.6oz heavy dacron - currently on furler
- Large 150 Cruising Genoa, lightly used and in very good condition
- Running rigging replaced, only 2 years old
- Standing rigging inspected 2 years ago when chain plates replaced - no issues reported
- Forward chain plates and bulkhead replaced 1-2 years ago.
- Spinnaker pole, no spinnaker sail