Seller will accept trades for downeast style power yachts.
Altair has a MARAD waiver allowing for commercial use (charter) of not more than 12 passengers for hire within the Great Lakes and coastwise.
Altair represents a unique opportunity to own a world travel capable yacht of high quality at a price that is a mere fraction of a new build. She was designed by Don Brooke of New Zealand and built by Export Yachts Ltd.
She was built and outfitted personally for the owner of Export Yachts, and as such received a higher level of trim than her sisterships. Interiors are African Mahogany with a high gloss finish.
On deck she is fitted with a teak cap rail and handrail. Decks are teak and they are in excellent condition through-out. The hardware on deck is all high quality.
Going down from the pilothouse towards the stern we find the owners cabin aft. This is a large, private stateroom with a double berth set to port. There is a wrap-around settee to starboard with a book shelf and two reading lamps. There are multiple storage and hanging lockers. There is also a vanity area and TV. Two opening port holes and deck ventilation hatch. Attached en-suite head with separate shower, vacu-flush toilet, marble counter top and sink.
Just forward of the Master Cabin are two guest cabins port and starboard. Both feature bunk berths and ensuite heads. Note port side guest cabin lower bunk cushion was damaged and has not been replaced.
Captains Stateroom/Guest Quarters
Forward of the salon is the crew or guest quarters. This area is private from the main living area of the yacht, allowing for privacy of the owners from the crew. Thru the passageway and to starboard is a bunk cabin that maybe utilized by guests or the captain. The private cabin has an ensuite head with vacu-flush head, tile flooring, and a marble counter-top with sink and mirror.
- Opening Porthole
- Two single over-under bunks.
- Hanging locker.
- Drawers and night table/desk.
- Fan and reading lamps.
- Mansfield Vacu-Flush Head
- Shower nozzle.
- Marble counter-top with molded sink and brass faucet.
- 2x 120V outlets
Across from the Captains Stateroom to port is the Crew Head. This can be accessed from the passageway or the crew cabin in the fore peak. There is a washing machine and two dryers, storage for supplies, an industrial style stainless sink, plus head. There is a separate shower that has been converted to a closet, but it may also be easily reconverted into a shower.
- Fisher&Paykel Washer and Dryer
- Sanyo Dryer
- Industrial SS deep sink.
- Tile counter top with filler piece for industrial sink.
- Personal sink with soap dispenser.
- Manual pump head.
In the fore peak is the crew cabin with room for two to sleep. This area has direct access to the deck through the deck hatch. There are two opening portholes. A hanging locker and several drawers finish this area off. Great space for storage is not being used as a cabin.
- 2 Reading Lamps
- 120V Outlet
When entering the salon you first notice the dining table. This is a fixed height, varnished table with four brass legs, secured to the deck with a tie rod that can easily be removed if the table needs to be relocated. There is room to sit 6 comfortably for dinner. There is ample space thanks for the L-shaped settee and two teak chairs. Just aft of the dining table is a bar area with storage cabinets for plates. Above this there is a cabinet for glassware. Behind the area is the galley, in which there is a pass through set of dividers so you may either dine with a professional crew or open the dividers and continue to conversation with friends and family who maybe cooking.
To port is a large settee and more dry storage. As well as a bookshelf. This would be a good spot to mount a television if desired, and this area is already pre-wired for such convenience.
Flooring is carpet, however this may easily be lifted for access to under deck compartments. This would also allow for easy installation of a wood flooring or whatever the next owner would desire. The overhead is beautifully varnished with top quality molding to add effect.
- Dimmable overhead lighting
- 4x Opening port lights
- Opening skylight
- Pre-wired for TV
There are two settees, port and starboard, so the skipper can always have company to view the world go by. There is a wet bar, storage, hanging locker, chart table, and communications locker.
- Kenwood Stereo with CD Changer
- Icom M700 SSB
- Kenwood VHF
- B&G Zeus GPS MFD
- B&G Triton Instrument
- Pneumatic Engine Controls
- Indicator gauges and lights.
- Pilothouse Electrical Sub-Panel
- Gyro Compass
- Refrigerator - Dole Holding Plate Commercial
- Freezer - Holding Plate Commercial
- Double Basin SS Sink with in-sink disposal
- Ceran 4 Burner Electric Range
- Kenmore Microwave
- Jenn-Air Convection Oven
- Broan Trash Compactor
- Westinghouse Dish Washer
- Many storage cabinets and drawers
- 3x 120V Outlets
- 2004 - Awlgrip Hull, superstructure, rig, new Lexan windows, all major deck hardware re-chromed.
- Dinghy davits (2004)
- Bruce 110# anchor with 600' chain
- Stainless steel stern davits
- DBC / Zodiac 6-person life raft, double floor with canopy (2004)
- (2) EPIRBs
- Custom stainless steel bow roller
- Clock and barometer
- Anchor chain wash
- Flush removable life raft mounts
- Aluminum boarding ladder (European style)
- Folding leaf cockpit table
- Lighthouse stainless steel 24V anchor windlass
- Complete canvas: spray dodger, hatch, winch, pedestal & sail covers
- New stainless steel wire lifelines
- (2) 50' Shore power cords, 220V 50amp
- Marquip boarding ladder
Engine Room / Mechanical
- Auxiliary Propulsion - Detroit Diesel with Cruise Power Generator and Hydraulic Pump
- Hydraulic Bow Thruster
- Hundested Variable Pitch Propeller
- Dual Racor Engine Fuel Filters
- Magnum Energy MS4024 Inverter/Charger
- 12x 6V Batteries
- Two Cruisair Air Conditioners (Aft Unit Needs Repair, Popping Breaker) Both units should be fully serviced.
- 24V to 12V Converters
- Northern Lights 20kW Genset
- Spare parts and tool chest, work table, sink.
- Seafari Escape Watermaker
- Engine room intake and exhaust fans.
- Vacuum flush heads
- Hydraulic system with bow thruster & generator drive
- Lube oil transfer system with fresh lube oil tank
- Wagner wheel steering
- Additional freezer/refrigerator (forward)
- Fuel filter
- Halon fire extinguisher
- Bilge/waste pump system
- Cruisair air conditioning
- 2 Station pneumatic single lever engine controls
- Hundestad feathering propeller
- 300 gallon Holding tank
- New paint in all bilge areas
- HRO 500 gal/day water maker
- 40 gallon Hot water heaters
- Fuel oil filter, select transfer system
- (5) Portable CO2 fire extinguishers
- New hot water heaters
- New water maker
- New seals for main engine (2004)
- Air conditioner added to galley (2005)
Sails & Rigging
- Full batten mainsail & mizzen sail with lazy jack system 2004
- Roller furling Yankee (2004)
- Roller furling Genoa (2004)
- Storm jib
- Aluminum main & mizzen masts
- Jiffy reefing system on main
- New cable halyards (2004)
- All new standing and running rigging (2004)
- 3100 Shaefer roller furling 2006
- 4100 Shaefer Roller furling 2007
- Navtec boom vang
- Winches all self tailing
- Maxwell #34 main winch
- Maxwell #26 mizzen winch
- Lewmar staysail winch
- (2) Barlow #36 electric winches
- Maxwell #28 main winch
- (2) #55 Lewmar halyard winches
- Maxwell halyard winch
- 110V, 220V AC Electrical system
- 12V DC generator start system
- (1) 20KW cruising Genset off of main engine
- New inverter (2004)
- 24V, 12V DC Electrical system
- Northern Lights 20KW genset - recent complete overhaul (2004)
- Battery chargers (2004)
- Inverter 2007