Punta Gorda, FLSell a boat like this
Rising Sons is a Morgan Yachts 461 that is a heavily built deep blue water cruising vessel. With her modified full keel she has many of the great capabilities of a full keeled boat and her 5.25 foot draft allows her to access waters that many other boats in her class and size cannot access due to their deeper drafts. Furthermore, she has been rigged as a cutter which allows her to run more flexible sail plans.
Rising Sons has just returned to Florida from the Caribbean and Central America and is fully functional, setup for long term cruising, and ready for you to take her on a new adventure.
This roomy galley will provide plenty of space for your cook of the day to prepare great meals for your crew. She is equipped with 12V Norcold front loading refrigerator that will keep your food fresh until you're ready to employ your gimbaled propane three burner stove/oven or maybe just the additional Sankey digital microwave. Either way, once you and your crew have enjoyed a nice hot meal, your appointed dishwasher is going to love the deep double steel sinks and love having hot and cold water right on tap.
Sails and Rigging
- Standard mainsail with sunbrella cover and two reef points and an additional backup mainsail.
- Roller furling 110% Jib
- Cruising asymmetrical spinnaker
- Hank on staysail with 1 reef point
- Two large Lewmar 32 self tailing winches port and starboard in the cockpit for genoa control
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
Rising Sons is ready to take you anywhere in the world you want to go in style and she'll give you all of the information you need close to land or out at sea.
- 12" Raymarine HybridTouch Chartplotter with FLIR infrared thermal camera(on mast) with viewing and control on Hybrid Touch.
- Raymarine Quantum 2 Radar
- Raymarine hydraulic autopilot and secondary backup Simrad wheel mounted autopilot . These extra "crew members" may not be needed, but all of us who have spent much time behind the helm know that our autopilot buddy, who never tires, is just about the best extra crew member ever!
- Raymarine Multi-display for speed and depth at helm
- AIS with send/receive that goes to the Raymarine HybridTouch Chartplotter
- Raymarine 70 VHF-AIS at helm
- GPS HX870 handheld transceiver with GPS
- Binnacle mounted compass helm
- Two way powered hailer/speaker
- TCL LCD Smart TV with Roku
- Emergency life raft - six person
- Two 100W thin flexible solar panels mounted on the stern
- Two120W solar panels two 80W mounted on top of the cockpit enclosure
- 400W Wind generator
- The power provided by the solar panels and wind generator allows the vessel to run all systems
- No inverter
- Eight AGM sealed 90 amp 12V batter running in parallel (2018)
- 65 amp alternator
Deck, Hull, and Additional Items
- Electric windlass with local foot operated control switches
- Two 20 gallon propane tanks
- Feathering four blade Max Prop (2018)
- Two coats epoxy primer and four coats of Sigma 350 bottom paint (2021)
- Main anchor: 65 lb anchor with 200 ft of 5/16 " chain
- Secondary anchor: CQR 45 lb plow anchor with 180 ft of 3/8" chain
- Dinghy Davit
- Boss hard bodied 8.5 foot dinghy with Nissan 8HP outboard
- One Nature's Head self composting toilet in each of the two heads. The aft head also has an additional standard electric marine head going to a blackwater tank.
- Propane heater in aft master stateroom