Morehead City, NC
This Boat Has Had Over $50,000- In Upgrades and Updates Invested Over the Past Several Years
$10,000 Price Reduction June 3, 2020
Bottom Painted May of 2020
Oil and Filter Changes April of 2020
Engine Injectors Cleaned, Valves Re-Set, New Air Seps and Engines Painted in 2016
New Bridge Enclosure in 2014 and New Top in 2012
Entire Boat Painted with Awlgrip in 2012
Garmin Radar/ GPS/ Fish Finder and Garmin Autopilot New in 2014
New Cruiseair Air and Heat Units in 2015
New Battery Charger and Batteries in 2016
Conventional Marine Financing Available-Contact Listing Broker For Details
To See a Detailed List of Recent Upgrades Click on View Full Specs Tab
Cannonball is an exceptionally well maintained boat with an exceptionally knowledgeable owner. The list of upgrades and updates over the past five years is extensive. To take a look at highlights of the updates and improvements please click on the View Full Specs tab.
The boat is ran regularly year around. She is ran an average of 3 to 4 times per month from March through November and at least once a month from December through February. Anyone who knows diesel engines understands the more they run the better they run. This is a quote from the current boat owner "she has never let us down"!
Roomy two stateroom design with mid ship master. Guest stateroom is located forward.
Salon area has had many recent upgrades including new carpet and a new L shaped sofa/ dinette that converts to a third sleeping area.
This boat is perfect for fishing and/ or cruising family who appreciate classic Hatteras lines, bullet proof construction, tons of recent upgrades and updates with get home in any weather assurance!!
Contact listing broker with questions or to schedule an appointment to take a look for yourself. Thank you.
Recent Upgrades, Updates and Improvements
- Bottom painted in May of '20
- Oil and filters changed April of '20
- New seacocks spring of '18
- New Sea Star steering in '17 ($4,000+ upgrade)
- Bottom paint May of '17
- Engines and engine room painted in '16 ($1,500+)
- Engine fire suppression system replaced in '16
- Engine maintenance including injectors cleaned and valves re-set in '16 ($5,000+)
- New airseps in '16
- Teak removed in '16-now no maintenance fiberglass!
- New battery charger in '16
- New batteries in '16
- New salon L shaped sofa installed in '16 ($3,000+)
- Salon sofa also converts to sleeper
- Ice maker moved to starboard side of salon in '16
- New salon carpet in '16
- New salon 32" Samsung salon TV in '15
- New CruiseAir units installed in '15 ($7,000+ upgrade)
- New galley counter top in '15
- New Princess electric cook top in '15
- New cabin JVC stereo system in '15
- New Klipsch stereo speakers in '15
- Electro San head system installed in '14
- Bridge enclosure new in '14 ($8,500+)
- New Garmin 740S radar/ gps/ fish finder in '14
- New Garmin GHC 10 autopilot in '14
- New Standard Horizon GX 200 VHF in '14
- New Uniden Solara VHF in '14
- Outriggers installed in '14 (age of outriggers not known)
- Converted master stateroom bed to double in '14
- New master stateroom bed cover in '14
- New head and forward stateroom wallpaper in '13
- Hull and deck awlgrip painted in '12 ($20,000-)
- New bimini for bridge in '12
- Bridge cushions new in '12
- Cockpit combing pads new in '12
As the listing broker I have a source with conventional marine financing available. Please contact me for details. Thank you!
Broker Comments and Insurance Survey Available
After you review the long list of upgrades your first question is probably "why would the boat owner invest $50,000- plus and then put the boat on the market"? The answer is two-fold and simple. The first fact is they are extremely proud of their boat and have done everything in their power to maintain her to the highest standards and upgrade her in every area they could think of.
Second is they are ready for a larger Hatteras Convertible. If you own a 55' Hatteras CV and will consider Cannonball as a trade please contact the listing broker.
There is an insurance survey from 2016 available upon request.
Two items to note to any prospective buyer. When the new Sea Star steering was installed in '17 the lower helm was not hooked up. The boat owner never uses the lower helm and did not hook up the new system.
The boat had a lightning strike in 2014 which damaged the bridge electronics. The bridge electronics have all been replaced and there are no other issues from the strike.
This boat has no smells. She looks, feels and acts like a much newer boat. Fuel tanks have no issues or problems and the entire electrical system operates as it should.
Any buyer can be comfortable buying this boat today and fishing the stream or even heading for the islands. She is ready for her next adventure!
Salon and Lower Helm
- No smells with this gem-she is very neatly kept
- No signs of water leaks throughout
- New L shaped sofa/dinette to port in 2016
- Sofa dinette converts to a sleeper
- New salon carpet in 2016
- New JVC stereo in 2015
- Stereo has amplifier and Klipsch speakers
- Ice maker located in the starboard aft section of salon
- Blue starfish occasional chair also located to starboard
- 32" Samsung flat screen TV-new in 2015
- Lower helm steering is not connected-all other gauges and controls are operational
- Standard Horizon digital depth finder at lower helm
- Large salon windows with custom privacy curtains
- Air conditioning and heating-new Cruiseair units in 2015
- Hatteras timeless craftsmanship and elegance
- Located down a few steps forward of the salon to port
- New galley counter top in 2015
- New Princess cook top in 2015
- Full size upright refrigerator with freezer new in 2007
- Microwave-GE new in 2005
- Stainless steel sink
- Hot water system
- Garbage disposal
- Tons of storage
- Exhaust fan
- Excellent lighting
Master Stateroom, Head and Shower
The master stateroom is located across from the galley to starboard. It features a double bed with private access to the head and shower.
- Master stateroom converted from single beds to double bed in 2014
- New bed cover in 2014
- New electro san head system in 2014
- New head wallpaper in 2013
- Huge hanging locker
- Private access to head and shower
- Opening deck hatch provides natural light and ventilation
- Three drawer cabinet/ night stand
- Stall shower
Forward Guest Stateroom
The forward guest stateroom features V shaped bunks that are surprisingly large and comfortable. There is a sink in the stateroom and a seat for dressing. Wallpaper is new from 2013. A large deck hatch provides natural light and ventilation.
Engines, Mechanical and Electrical
As noted prior the engine injectors were cleaned and valves re-set in 2016. The engines and engine room were painted in 2016. This boat does not look, feel or act like a 1979 model.
- Detroit 6V92TI engines with 2950 hours
- Engine fresh water cooling
- Engines and engine room painted in 2016
- Injectors cleaned and valves re-set in 2016
- New airseps in 2016
- New engine room fire suppression system in 2016
- New SeaStar steering in 2017 ($4,000+)
- Battery charger new in 2016
- Batteries new in 2016
- 8.5KW Stamford Newage generator with 2900 hours-reported to have been replaced in 1998
- Sound shield for generator
- Spare props
- Oil transfer system
- Manual engine shut down
- Glendinning engine synchronizer
- Dripless shaft logs
- 2" shafts
- Remote racor 1000 MA fuel fitlers for mains
- Remote racor 500 MA for generator
- Twin 30 amp shore power with cords
- Ladder for convenient access to engine room
Flybridge and Electronics
The bridge on this boat is spacious with seating for 10 adults. The aft helm is ideal for fishing and when backing into your slip. The helm seats were new in 2014. There is a bench seat on he port side of the bridge and forward of the helm console. Bridge seats were replaced in 2012. Electronics were replaced in 2014.
- Bridge enclosure new in 2014
- Bridge top new in 2012
- Garmin 740S color radar/ gps/ fish finder-new in 2014
- Garmin GHC 10 autopilot-new in 2014
- Standard Horizon GX 2000-new in 2014
- Uniden Solara VHF-new in 2014
- Standard Horizon digital depth finder
- Clarion bridge stereo system
- Two captains chairs-new in 2014
- Port side bench seat-new in 2012
- Remote control spotlight mounted to the front of the bridge-new in 2014
- Trim tabs
- Forward bench seat-new in 2012
Cockpit and Exterior
Exterior teak was removed and glassed over in 2016. The boat looks great and maintenance was greatly reduced. Spacious cockpit is great for fishing and entertaining. Entire boat was awlgrip painted in 2012.
Davit has a 1200 pound capacity and works great.
- Entire boat was awlgrip painted in 2012
- Bottom painted May of '17
- Exterior windshield privacy cover-new in 2014
- Cockpit combing pads-new in 2012
- Outriggers installed in 2014 (age of outriggers is unknown)
- Transom door
- Swim platform with ladder
- Teak cockpit covering boards removed and glassed over
- Rod holders (4)
- Bow pulpit
- Note-spot on pulpit is inoperable, spot on bridge is operable
- Simpson Lawrence windlass
- Dunnage storage box on bow
- Three opening deck hatches
- Cockpit 12V lighting
- Fresh water and salt water cockpit washdowns
11' Boston Whaler dinghy and motor are not included with the sale. The boat owner will entertain an offer on the Whaler and motor separate from the sale of the Hatteras from the a buyer of the Hatteras.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- 2021 Scout 175 Sport DoradoRequest a PriceWrightsville Beach, NCMarineMax Wrightsville Beach
- 2021 Boston Whaler 150 MontaukRequest a PriceWrightsville Beach, NCMarineMax Wrightsville Beach
- 2021 Sea Ray SPX 230 OBRequest a PriceWrightsville Beach, NCMarineMax Wrightsville Beach
- 2020 Boston Whaler 420 OutrageRequest a PriceWrightsville Beach, NCMarineMax Wrightsville Beach