Cape Dory's reputation for building a quality boat is well deserved and “Watermark” is no exception. Hull # 2. she is a solid classic from the drawing board of Carl Alberg and the Cape Dory Yard. This Carl Alberg design is as much a joy to sail as she is to view. Creature comfort and sailing pleasure set the Cape Dory 30 apart from most other boats in her size and price range.
The ketch rig offers a wider choice of sail combinations than the cutter rig. With the exception of the rig and spar placement, the ketch and cutter are identical in every other way.
Not heavily equipped, but not a lot of old systems to update either. It does ave Radar, and Auto Pilot, and roller furling as part of its equipment inventory.
Watermark is a lovely, well-built, classic yacht.
Some of highlights include:
- Ketch Rig
- Easily handled for the shorthanded skipper
- Self-Bailing Cockpit
- Sail Lockers in the Cockpit
- Beautiful teak
- Large Galley space
- Excellent interior light and ventilation
- Bow & Stern Cleats with Chocks
- Aluminum Genoa Tracks with cars & blocks
- Travelers for jib & main
- 2 potable water tanks under settees (approx. 25 gal. each)
- Pedestal Wheel Steering
- Lake sailed since 2005
- And much more!