Stuart, FL 34997Sell a boat like this
Now available, this 1968 Burger 72 Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht “INDEPENDENCE” is a fine example of the iconic BURGER BOAT COMPANY’S legendary style and quality. With her shimmering paint and spectacular bright work throughout, she is the center of attention at any marina or yacht club. Over the years INDEPENDENCE has undergone several refits and has received multiple upgrades throughout. The major living spaces on this 72 BURGER have been completely updated, while still preserving its classic feel throughout. The original separated galley and dining room were converted into a Country Kitchen complete with all modern appliances and granite countertops. The main salon was re-fit with built-in entertainment and a wine cellar to allow for a more modern appearance, while still maintaining its classic charm. INDEPENDENCE offers owner and guest accommodations in three spacious staterooms with two full heads. The crew’s quarters are located forward and can accommodate up to three crew in two cabins, with a crew mess and head with a separate shower stall. This 1968 Burger 72 Raised Pilothouse is kept in Bristol condition by its current owner, you will not be disappointed with this vessel.
The aft deck is fully enclosed with full teak decking throughout. The high gloss varnished teak door leads into the main salon. The port and starboard wing doors lead to the walk-around side teak decks. Access to the swim platform below is through a gate in the aft rail to Starboard. Bench seating across the stern faces a large teak table. There are 4 beautiful, varnished teak chairs to accommodate elegant dining for a total of 8 owners and guests. The large wet bar is forward with liquor storage and custom glass drawers to port, refrigerator and ice machine in the middle and a wet bar with ample storage to Starboard. Her hard top is extended with an Aluminum frame and there are enclosure curtains aft that may be opened as well as the large sliding side windows. This area is a spectacular introduction to her living spaces.
The salon is a beautiful and spacious area located just aft of the pilothouse. This area was completely updated with new carpet, upholstery, and headliner. There is comfortable seating and a flat-screen TV forward with full surround sound. The electronics for entertainment are conveniently located here below the TV. The wine cellar is to port. All windows and doors have been consistently maintained for proper operation and the aft doors provide access to the walk-around side decks. The staircase to the staterooms is aft of the salon.
The gorgeously Walnut-lined pilothouse is full-beam and located just forward of the main salon. The pilothouse is raised from the main deck, which offers a great perspective while navigating from the helm. There is ample storage throughout and seating behind the helm on both port and starboard sides. All electronics and navigation equipment has been updated. The spacious side decks are accessible through the varnished sliding side doors to the port and starboard. The forward stairs to the starboard side of the pilothouse lead down to the Country Kitchen.
• Plotter/Radar Raymarine E130
• Plotter/Radar Raymarine Hybrid (Updated)
• Wind speed and direction gauges
• Compass - Danforth/White Constellation
• VHF - Icom M-45
• Autopilot – Simrad AP20
The Country Kitchen offers a generous prep area with ample counter space, modern appliances, and plenty of storage throughout. There is a large dinette that can accommodate up to 8 people which is great for indoor dining. The Teak and Holly sole throughout add a very warm feeling to this space. The forward stairs to starboard lead down to the crew’s quarters.
• GE Elite refrigerator/freezer with icemaker
• GE Glass cooktop 4 burner range
• GE Stainless-steel full-size oven
• GE Overhead microwave oven with range hood with outside vent and lighting
• GE full-size dishwasher
• GE Garbage disposal
• Granite countertops and integrated sink
• Instant hot water dispenser
The master stateroom is full-beam and separated from the aft lazarette by a watertight bulkhead. It features a Queen size bed with Temper-Pedic mattress, built-in cherry bedside dressers with plenty of drawer space, plus large his and hers hanging closets. The ensuite master head is decorated in a beautiful stone and boasts double sinks with faucets, a full-size shower, and a vanity mirror. This master stateroom comes with A/C controls and Smart LCD TV with a sound bar.
Guest Stateroom, Port
The port guest stateroom offers a thwart ship queen-size bed with nightstand storage and under-bed drawers. There is a large hanging locker, A/C control and Samsung LCD TV with satellite control. There are large windows for natural lighting and a private entrance to the head with a stall shower, W/C and sink area with vanity.
Guest Stateroom, Starboard
The starboard stateroom features twin beds with built-in storage underneath, a nightstand, and a large hanging locker. There are large windows for natural lighting and A/C controls.
• Buell Air Horns and whistle most all re-chromed
• Twin forward spotlights and single aft spotlights
• New Teak Deck Systems front and side deck (2014)
• Three compressed air windshield wipers with a fresh water rinse system
• Chocks for paddle boards
• Freezer in Lazarette
• 2 “Independence” Life rings, throwable with lines
• 8-man survival raft new (2018)
• Name boards with lights
• Freshwater wash down
• Chocks for Dingy
• 110V crane for dingy
• Seating and cushions on the aft deck and on the fore deck
• Swimming ladder
• MarQuipt “Tide Rider” boarding stairs with varnish handrail
• Electric windlass was rebuilt in 2017
• 6 varnished teak chairs with 2 varnished side tables
• Varnished aft deck table
• Custom canvas covers for seating and windshields
Located forward, with easy access through the Country Kitchen and down you will find the comfortable crew quarters equipped with a crew dining table area with a TV, plenty of storage drawers and a hanging locker. The captain’s stateroom room to port offers a separate TV, ample storage throughout and a double mattress. The crew’s double bunk room is forward and offers single over-under bunks with ample storage throughout. The crew’s shower stall is located in the forepeak and has a separate enclosed head compartment to starboard with W/C, vanity, and sink. A watertight bulkhead door is aft of the crew’s quarters for easy access to the full-beam stand-up engine room. There is a front load full-size washing and dryer in the crew area as well.
• Twin Westerbeke 20 KW diesel generators Appx 1200 hours on PORT, 5900 hours on STBD
• Dry stack exhaust
• 120V / 240V AC electrical system
• 12V / 32V DC electrical system
• Power shore cords 100 amp and 50 amp
• 12V and 36V battery chargers
• Floodlights on radar mast
• Stack lights
• Detroit Diesel 12V – 71 Motors with approximately 1900 hours
• Dry stack exhaust for main engines and generators
• Oil changing system for engines, transmissions, and generators
• Roll away tool box with tools
• Air compressor
• Jet Head toilet pump
• Holding tank
• 100 Amp power inlet
• Headhunter Mach 5 freshwater system pump
• Hot water heater
• Aluminum star plate decks
• 7 MarineAir AC units all replaced within the last 10 years
• Racor Fuel Filters
• 110 Volt and 32 Volt lighting
• Glendinning engine synchronizer
• Nautica 14’ RIB with Yamaha 60 hp engine
- 2002 Protector 28 Targa$99,000$99,000Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Luke Brown Yachts - Ft. Lauderdale
- 1998 Custom Topsail Schooner$480,000$480,000Islesboro, ME 04848Luke Brown Yachts - Ft. Lauderdale
- 1991 Vantare Cockpit Motoryacht$450,000$450,000FLLuke Brown Yachts - Ft. Lauderdale
- 2012 Princess V52$899,000$899,000Miami, FL 33165Luke Brown Yachts - Ft. Lauderdale