Hilton Head Island, SC
ONE OF A KIND BLUE WATER CRUISER
PRICE JUST REDUCED $10,000 on 11/2020
NEW ENGINE, NEW SAILS, NEW A/C, NEW CANVAS - OWNERS GOING CRUISING IN FEB 2021 IF NOT SOLD
BOAT IS READY TO GO!!
Hinckley’s most well-known line of Yachts is the Bermuda 40. Today, the B40 is considered one of the top choices for Blue Water sailing. The B-40 was born in 1959 and was Hinckley’s first fiberglass boat. The last B-40 was built in 1991, ending its 40th year of production. It established Hinckley as the premier North American Yacht builder of exceptional quality Yachts.
The B 40 is built of solid fiberglass—always has been and still is. A “hybrid knit fabric of Kevlar/E-glass” fibers is used in current boats. The deck is solid glass. The hull-deck joint is unusual in that the fairly standard deck-to-hull flange system is incredibly strong. The flange is 1/2-inch thick and about six inches wide, increasing around the chainplates. There also is a lip on the flange than gives the deck a snug fit.
Sabrina is not only exceptionally built to very high standards, but has also been upgraded with the major considerations being seen to during the Dec. 2019 refit. Some of the highlights include:
- New Beta 38 Diesel - only 250 hours
- Successful rigging inspection performed June 2020
- New Sails
- New custom Bimini, Canvas and Full Enclosure with Screens
- New Dometic 16k BTU reverse cycle air and heat with digital thermostat
- New Garmin Plotter in Box
- All New Bronze thru-hulls and sea cocks
- Fuel Tank Drained/Scrubbed with new vent line added
- New Shaft, Cutlass Bearing and Prop
- New Anti-foul
- SeaFrost refrigeration and freezer - serviced annually (6 years old)
- New 65lb Mantus anchor
- All lighting, interior and navigation, upgraded to LED
If you're looking for a capable world cruiser, you'd be hard pressed to find a more ready boat that can take you far and wide as this B40 given the considerable updates made to ensure a safe journey. Please get in touch asap to arrange a viewing - boat is located in Hilton Head, S.C.
Accommodations and Layout
Starting forward is v-berth with storage locker and lots of drawers. Next aft is head to port and hanging locker to starboard. Next aft is main saloon with one transom and one pilot berth to starboard and a dinette that converts to a double bed to port. Next aft is nav statation to starboard and galley to port.
Unique feature: The starboard salon settee/pilot berths have been adapted to create a custom storage area built into the cabinetry with opening, overhead tops. Great add on and looks like it was meant to be there from day 1.
- Double S/S sink
- Seaward 6gal H/C pressurized water - New, less than a year old.
- New Sea Frost Refrigerator/Freezer
- Lots of storage
- Heritage 3 burner LPG stove with oven
Hull and Deck
- Bimini - Dodger S/S Frames
- Full enclosure with screens
- Windlass - Ideal Electric
- All new Bronze Thru Hulls and Seacocks - Dec 2019
- Winches Primary - 2 each Barlow 28 S/T Two Speed
- Winches Secondary - 2 each Barlow 23 S/T Two Speed: Mast
- Barient 22 Two Speed, 2 Each Barient 3 S/S wire , Cabin Top 1 Barient 23
- 65lb Mantus Anchor
- Dorade Vents
- Foil-Shaped center board of solid bronze
- BBQ Grill
- Note: As buyer predominantly uses the boat for coastal cruising, he hasn't used the centerboard regularly so has not fully inspected the entire length of the centerboard pennant. The last time he used it, the centerboard was fully functioning. The Centerboard and lowering/lifting mechanism is being sold As-Is.
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
- Beta 38 HP diesel - New Dec 2019 - only 250 hours
- Dripless Shaft Seal 1'' shaft
- Air conditioning - 2020 Dometic 16k BTU heat/air with digital thermostat
- Three blade fixed blade prop
- Rule 1500 Bilge Pump
- High Water Alarm
- 6 x North Star AGM Group 31 house batteries - NEW DEC 2019
- 30 AMP Shore Power
- 12 Volt and 110 Volt Panels with Breakers
- Chelsea 40 amp charger
- ProSafe FS30 Galvanic Isolator
- All lighting, interior and navigation, updated to LED
- Depth finder- Simrad IS15
- VHF – Standard Horizon Intrepid with Command MIC at helm
- Autopilot – Simrad AP-20
- Wind Instrument
- Simrad IS15 5. Radar
- Furuno Nav Net C-Map NT
- GPS/Chart Plotter – Furuno Nav Net C-Map NT
- New Garmin 12'' Plotter - in box, uninstalled
- Speed – (2) Simrad IS15
- Stereo – Clarion M-303 AM/FM/CD/Sat
- TV x 2– Visio Flat screen in v-berth and one in the salon.
Sails and Rigging
- Mainsail – Heavy Dacron, fully battened with one reef, new condition.
- Genoa – (135%) Dacron on roller furling, new condition.
- Genoa – (150%) Dacron in bag.
- Mizzen – Heavy Dacron, good condition.
- Spinnaker – Asymmetrical in the bag, good condition.
- Mizzen stay sail – Dacron, old but serviceable.
- Rig inspection June 2020 - no issues found.
- 6 gal hot water heater
- 50 gal s/s water tank
- 60 gal S/S water tank
- 15 gal Holding Tank with deck pump out
- S.S. swim ladder
- Cockpit cushions
- Ship’s Clock – Chelsea
- Barometer – Chelsea
- Propane detector – None.
- Shore power cord – (1) 30 amp. x 50 ft.
- Outboard motor mount on aft rail.
- Magma s.s. grille
- 9' Inflatable with 9.9hp Outboard - negotiable
- Honda 2000 and Honda 3000 Generators with connector - negotiable in offer.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Note: As buyer predominantly uses the boat for coastal cruising, he hasn't used the centerboard regularly so has not fully inspected the entire length of the centerboard pennant. The last time he used it, the centerboard was fully functioning. The Centerboard and lowering/lifting mechanism is being sold As-Is.
- 2020 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 440$297,000Saint Simons Island, GADunbar Yachts LLC
- 2021 Jeanneau Leader 6.5Request a PriceSaint Simons Island, GADunbar Yachts LLC
- 2013 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 379$169,500Dataw Island, SCDunbar Yachts LLC
- 2021 Jeanneau NC 895Request a PriceSaint Simons Island, GADunbar Yachts LLC