Auburn Hills, MI
This 1938 Hacker-Craft 22 Twin Cockpit Runabout is a once in a lifetime find. Built by John Hacker she is a one of a kind designed Gentleman's Racer found unfinished sitting in a Michigan barn in 1989. She was professionally finished in 2002. All original construction from 1938. This is the only one ever built and in existence today in like new mint condition
The build was idled during WWII, after which the shell was discovered, assembled but unfinished, in a barn in Michigan in 1989. The boat was then completely finished out with the addition of a modern Mercury 350 CID Commander, replacing the originally spec'd 1941 Cadillac motor, to match its sporty design. The twin cockpit hull configuration sits low in the water and the 350 Commander reportedly propels the boat to speeds of up to 50 MPH. This showpiece starts and runs well and is in like new condition inside and out.
John Hacker a Navel Architect is the first builder of wooden motorboats in the world. Starting in 1908 he became friends with Henry Ford as they both used the same machine shops at the time.
- 2004 Crusader 350 CID Commander 300 hp Fresh Water Cooled
- Aluminum Fuel Tank
- Top Speed is 50 mph
- Stored Indoors for her entire life
- All Original Hardware and Construction
- Hardware Fitted and Power Set. Not Drilled In.
Please contact us today for more information on this Rare Treasure or to arrange a showing.
Financing Available. Delivery Available.
Speed & Distance
- 2011 StanCraft 30 Twin Arrow$425,000Spokane, WAGlobal One Yacht Sales
- 1986 Sea Ray 390 Express Cruiser$18,900Crownsville, MDGlobal One Yacht Sales
- 2008 Hunt Yachts Surfhunter 29$189,900Barnstable, MAGlobal One Yacht Sales
- 2005 Chris-Craft Corsair 28$81,990Milford, CTGlobal One Yacht Sales