Constantly maintained and updated!This American Classic has been refurbished with modern conveniences and safety features. She is outfitted for ease of use and comfort!
View the Virtual Tour: bit.ly/3ddXjou (Copy & Paste into Browser)
Speed & Distance
The full beam galley is aft of the forward cabin and spacious enough for a full sized stainless sink, Princess stove, full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave and cabinetry. Access to the engine room is from within the galley. The breaker panel is to port where classic steps and handrail lead up to the main salon.
The real beauty and appreciation for Elco’s finish work can be found in the main salon. Access from the deck is via doors on either side of the salon. Panoramic views are throughout the main salon with windows extending the full length as well as forward. Classic furnishings inside the main salon consist of mahogany trim cabinetry, full size bar, original drop leaf table and twin upholstered armchairs.
From within the main salon you step down into the companionway leading to additional staterooms. Moving aft from the main salon are guest cabins to port and starboard, each consisting of a single bunk, cabinetry, finish work and original port windows to the outside. Aft of the two staterooms to the port is the guest head and master head to the starboard. Furthest aft of the interior is an elegant master stateroom with twin berths port and starboard, mahogany chest, 3 section mirror and hanging closet.
Forward on the bow deck one will find original hardware that is true to the beauty Elco incorporated in what are known as the finest yachts of American history from the early to mid 1900's.
The fore-deck has a classic cockpit seat with artful upholstery fitting the time period of this vessel. Aft of the cockpit seat are matching teak sunchairs.
The helm consists of an open flybridge with beautifully restored and maintained hardware. The oversized compass and lever controls confirm the care and restoration process found in the Crown Goose. A tan sunbrella tarp protects the crew and is held fast with teak batons and chrome plated tubing. Overhead is the mast.
Aft of the helm deck is an open sundeck housing an original dockbox and sunning chair to starboard and a 1935 classic dingy (9') and davit to port.
The aft deck is open and spacious with sunbrella covering matching the helm’s tarp and cover. Seating consists of classic furnishing true to the Elco heritage.
- 3/4" Teak Decks
- Mahogany Transom
- All galvanized material removed and replaced with silicon bronze fasteners
- 8KW Perkins generator
- Deck hardware, interior lighting, and running lights are original bronze; Freshly chrome plated
- Rebuilt and installed 50 amp, 3 bank charger
- Rebuilt Detroit 453 diesel engines
- Rebuilt and installed Borg Warner Velvet drive 2.5 to 1 transmission
- Morris throttle cables
- Hynautic steering system
- All new electrical wiring installed and specified to ABYC standards
- Rebuilt rudder framing
- Electrical panels
- (3) 30 amp services
- Full sized Norcold-Wilcox electric head in master suite
- New holding tank with 40 gallon storage with all related piping and valve to deck pump and overboard discharge
- New 240 gallon CG approved fuel tank epoxy coated with filters, piping and valves
Engines & Mechanical
- Twin Detroit 453's at 125 HP each
- Borg Warner's Velvet Drive Transmissions
- Reconditioned running gear, shaft logs, rudders and Michagan props
- Racor fuel filters
- Perkins 8KW generator - installed in 2005 with custom ss beds
- 12 gallon water heater
- All new electrical and plumbing done in 2002 to ABYC standards
- Total Power: 125 ea.
- Cruising Speed: 10 knots
- Max Speed: 12 knots
- Custom lounge seating on bridge deck
- Custom fabric for helm seat
- Covers for house, rails, deck boxes and helm
- 9' wooden dingy built in 1935
- Yachtsman anchor and nylon rode
- 25 lb Danforth anchor
- Original anchor winch and davit
- (8) Type 1 life jackets
- Throw ring with line
- 75 AH engine alternator
- Professional Mariner 3 bank battery charger
- GFI type outlets
- 12 Volt DC systems
- 110 AC (3) 30-amp panels
- Batteries(4) D's, (1)xType 27 for Genset
- Modern breaker panel for AC and DC
- 1983 Chesapeake Gloucester Marine Deadrise$124,900Cape Charles, VABluewater Yacht Sales
- 2005 Regal Commodore 3560 IO$84,900Hampton, VABluewater Yacht Sales
- 1981 Cheoy Lee 52 Midnight Lace$139,000Susan, VABluewater Yacht Sales
- 2005 Silverton 43 Motor Yacht$199,000Hampton, VABluewater Yacht Sales