Dwight Tracy & Friends Yacht Sales
2014 New Build CATAMARAN
This remarkable raised pilothouse yacht deftly blends a highly efficient and stable catamaran hull form with exterior styling and interior design by an award-winning international yacht designer.
Her semi-displacement catamaran hulls run at exceedingly high speed-to-length ratios, without planing and, consequently, without requiring the large horsepower input of traditional monohull vessels. Her broad beam and twin-hull footprint provide a high level of stability both at rest and underway, without the complication and added cost of active zero-speed stabilization.
Inside, bright, airy common spaces on her main deck make for pleasant living and entertaining. Her raised pilothouse arrangement makes for a reasonable separation between entertaining and navigation activities, while a main deck suite forward provides truly sumptuous private space for her owner. Two double-berth VIP staterooms and a twin-berth cabin on her lower deck round out her accommodations.
On deck, her generous beam and broad bridge deck provide all manner of space for lounging and relaxing. And her aft deck incorporates a dining table and chairs for eight, and presents and exceedingly pleasant lounging area.
Because her hull form yields higher speeds per unit of power input than with conventional monohulls, this 80 footer is exceedingly flexible. With the standard power package, she can push to a genuine 30 knots, yet will run comfortably at 20 to 25 knots when asked to do so. At a passage-making speed of 12 knots, her range borders on being phenomenal. She truly approaches being a yacht for all seasons, and reasons.
Within the limits of her main transverse stuctural bulkheads and predetermined engine and machinery spaces, a significant degree of customization is possible.
|Category||Motor Yachts, Pilothouse, Mega Yachts|
|Propulsion Type||Twin Inboard|
|Location||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Speed and Distance|
- Weight-efficient infused FRP composite, with high reinforcing-to-resin ratio
- Engineered on a base of high strength transverse structural bulkheads
- Purpose engineered system of longitudinal stringers
- High density cores in topsides, decks, and house, for max rigidity at min weight
- Solid FRP hull bottoms for maximum impact resistance and reliability
- Fully bonded interior structural components
- Watertight collision bulkheads forward
- Watertight sole underlay for effective “double bottom” protection
- Osmosis-resistant epoxy-based coating system below waterline
- Topsides and superstructure post-painted with high grade linear polyurethane
- Teak sheathed main deck
- Teak sheathed hydraulic swim platform w/ tender chocks
- Teak cap rail
- Leak-resistant bonded glazing system w/ impact resistant laminated glass
- Twin vertical hydraulic anchor windlasses
- Twin s/s plow style anchors, each on 150 feet high tensile chain
- Type 316 stainless steel anchor rollers and housing assemblies
- Type 316 stainless steel cleats and fairleads
- Saltwater anchor washdown
- Freshwater deck washdown
- Type 316L stainless steel railings and stanchions
- High capacity, variable speed s/s windshield wiper system
- International-standard navigation lighting
- Aft deck dining table and seating
Propulsion and Control
- 2 x MTU 8V2000 M72 diesel main propulsion engines (966 bhp each)
- ZF marine gears in straight drive configuration
- High efficiency 5-bladed propellers
- Electronic engine control and monitoring
- Electro/hydraulic power-assist steering
- Aquamet 22 propeller shafting or equivalent
- Bow thrusters (2 each)
- DELTA T or equivalent engine room de-misters
Ship’s Electrical System
- 2 x 27Kw gensets w/ full sound damping enclosures
- Automatic on-demand load sharing and paralleling, seamless transfer
- Chill water A/C system, specified for semi-tropical climate, incl. engine rooms
- Glendenning shore cable handlers
- Automatic fire suppression system
Phil Friedman, New Build & Refit Consultant
DWIGHT TRACY & FRIENDS NEW BUILD PROGRAM
Value Added Service From Concept to Delivery
- 8V2000 M72
Disclaimer:The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.